Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Audio and Electronics (https://maxima.org/forums/audio-electronics-21/)
-   -   Hey Guys Need Some Car Audio Advice, Figure my Maxima Enthusiasts know the best ;) (https://maxima.org/forums/audio-electronics/642074-hey-guys-need-some-car-audio-advice-figure-my-maxima-enthusiasts-know-best.html)

2 Da Max 11-17-2011 12:03 PM

Hey Guys Need Some Car Audio Advice, Figure my Maxima Enthusiasts know the best ;)

I recently Purchased a 95 Toyota Supra and the stock interior speakers are blown to shiet.

I Just installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 and now I want to upgrade the interiors.

The fronts and rears both seat 4inch speakers but I am getting custon brackets for the fronts to fit 6.5inch.

Whats a good brand to get for 4inch for the rear? I know they are not a popular size but I have been out the Audio game for years and would like to know whats the best out there for a nice clean sound.

Thanks guys!

Maximeltman 11-17-2011 12:26 PM

Sweet car, post pics?
and you want a 2 way 4" or what?

2 Da Max 11-17-2011 01:02 PM

The rears I dont mind. 2 way I guess?

mendon99 11-17-2011 01:08 PM

wow 2 da max you're alive?

arent there 6.5s in the back of a supra? last one I worked on I thought it was 6.5....

2 Da Max 11-17-2011 02:59 PM

Yeaa bross im alive.

Sorry, 6.5 in rear and 4inches upfront.

Should I even change the rears? or take them out and just get a good set of 6.5s upfront?

AscendantMax 11-17-2011 05:21 PM

damn, now that's a name i haven't seen in awhile :chuckle:

leave the rears out, and get some good 6.5s up front. you wont hear the rears anyhow, and knowing you...your exhaust will drown out anything in the back :gapteeth:

mendon99 11-18-2011 10:24 AM

I believe I put 6.5s in the front of the same said supra without too much trouble. May of needed to make a bracket... do what you can to get 6.5s in there, 4"ers are just too small to produce anything you want to hear

Id would def suggest just getting some good 6.5 comps and amping them... deal with the rears later if you so desire.

tseng1023 11-20-2011 09:26 AM

Focal, hertz maybe even MB Quart

Ricksi30 11-20-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max (Post 8273580)
I recently Purchased a 95 Toyota Supra and the stock interior speakers are blown to shiet.

I Just installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 and now I want to upgrade the interiors.

The fronts and rears both seat 4inch speakers but I am getting custon brackets for the fronts to fit 6.5inch.

Whats a good brand to get for 4inch for the rear? I know they are not a popular size but I have been out the Audio game for years and would like to know whats the best out there for a nice clean sound.

Thanks guys!

Buy a nice comp set for the front and amp them. Don't buy rears save the money and put it toward a nicer set for the front.

EkimNaheem 12-05-2011 06:04 AM

Does the D3 have 5.1? If it does, you have to decide if you are going to be listening to surround or just typical 2 channel stereo with perphaps a sub. If you have never had true surround in a car, it sounds incredible but you need to match the speakers.

Then again, it is a supra... Tune the engine and just listen to that all day!