Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Audio and Electronics (https://maxima.org/forums/audio-electronics-21/)
-   -   going back to bose,,,i think (https://maxima.org/forums/audio-electronics/66435-going-back-bose-i-think.html)

ZIPPIN 01-13-2002 09:37 AM

going back to bose,,,i think

ok i took out the whole bose system, after blowing the sub..i put in a kenwood kdc-9015 and an alpine eq,,,changed all 4 speakers..anyway long story short,,, i just don't like the way the HU looks. so i am thinking of putting the bose back in and just getting the converter to run the amp and 2 subs....

here is the question,,can i use the bose hu, and run pioneer 6.5
3-ways with it,,,or would i have to take out the pioneer's and put back in the bose speakers??

any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated:)

Maxstilln 01-13-2002 09:56 AM

You can use the Bose hu but you need to buy an adapter to convert the output to your amplifers. Keep in mind there is a chance that it might not sound as good using the adapter as if it was a straight path from the hu. Someone has the adapter for sale on the parts board I think he's asking $25 for it. Also make sure that the adapter by-passes the factory Bose amps, if not that's another thing you'll need to by-pass. Where did you put your hu in your dash? Which trim kit did you use? You might want to see about a different trim kit before taking out the aftermarket hu.

ZIPPIN 01-13-2002 10:11 AM

Originally posted by Maxstilln
You can use the Bose hu but you need to buy an adapter to convert the output to your amplifers. Keep in mind there is a chance that it might not sound as good using the adapter as if it was a straight path from the hu. Someone has the adapter for sale on the parts board I think he's asking $25 for it. Also make sure that the adapter by-passes the factory Bose amps, if not that's another thing you'll need to by-pass. Where did you put your hu in your dash? Which trim kit did you use? You might want to see about a different trim kit before taking out the aftermarket hu.
i used the soche kit from sounddomain.com. it matches the trim, but it doesn't look as good as the bose did..
thanks

dwapenyi 01-14-2002 07:38 AM

You can get the PD-4 from www.linkmeup.com. It'll do everything you want, mix a Bose HU with aftermarket speakers or vice versa. It's a little pricey, like $180 with the harness. I got the PD-4 and I'm running a Clarion dxz815 HU thru to my stock Bose speakers/amps.
What makes the PD-4 a good choice is that it is the only Bose converter, that I know of anyway, that takes the line out RCAs of your HU and feeds that clean signal to the BOSE. All those other $50 adaptors take the speaker outputs, which is not as clean.

DW

95emeraldgxe 01-15-2002 06:46 PM

OH NO!!!!! - he said the "B" WORD!!!!!

Tony Fernandes 01-16-2002 12:04 AM

Originally posted by dba1999us

i used the soche kit from sounddomain.com. it matches the trim, but it doesn't look as good as the bose did..
thanks

Someone on this forum suggested buying a GXE stereo trimplate with a pocket in it for aftermarket applications. It should blend perfectly and look much better than your Sosche.

Tony