Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

Sad End (The End of a Max)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 12:13 PM

Sad End (The End of a Max)

On the way home from a Autox in central Florida which SleeperSE's car held FTD for more then half the day in almost completely stock form, THIS HAPPENED.

Full Size Rear

Full Size Rear 1/4
Police report estimated $10,000 Damage!!!!. The sad sad shame to all of this is that it happened on sunday evening, and SleeperSE's suspension and Y pipe arrived Monday morning.

There Is frame damage but the car is in good hands at the best body shop in town. We still await the insurance estimate. Here's a photo of the "Devil" car that did the damage.

Full Size Front Celica

Estimated impact speed was 30+mph. She simply wasn't looking forward and rearended him when traffic slowed on the interstate. SleeperSE and his passanger are in uninjured. However the girl in the Celica has a Neck injury. It's unfortunate that these things happen.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:41 AM

Re: Sad End (The End of a Max)

Originally posted by Mrsideways
On the way home from a Autox in central Florida which SleeperSE's car held FTD for more then half the day in almost completely stock form, THIS HAPPENED.

Full Size Rear

Full Size Rear 1/4
Police report estimated $10,000 Damage!!!!. The sad sad shame to all of this is that it happened on sunday evening, and SleeperSE's suspension and Y pipe arrived Monday morning.

There Is frame damage but the car is in good hands at the best body shop in town. We still await the insurance estimate. Here's a photo of the "Devil" car that did the damage.

Full Size Front Celica

Estimated impact speed was 30+mph. She simply wasn't looking forward and rearended him when traffic slowed on the interstate. SleeperSE and his passanger are in injured. However the girl in the Celica has a Neck injury. It's unfortunate that these things happen.
That sucks. Some people are so clueless it's unreal. I hope you meant that sleeperse and his passeneger were un injured. There was a 3 car chain reaction accident yesterday in Boston in which they all piled into the back of a school bus stopped at a red light. How the hell can you not see a school bus stopped at a light!

Nice sig, btw. Is the Volvo a Converse conversion or did you DIY?
Old 08-16-2002, 08:47 AM

i hope everything gets straightened out, and tho the girl did hit him, i wish her a speedy recovery.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

is it just me or the only damage to the celica is the scuff mark made by the tag enclosure that sucks
Old 08-16-2002, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by naijai
is it just me or the only damage to the celica is the scuff mark made by the tag enclosure that sucks
I'd rather have a damaged car and be okay than one with a scuff mark and a neck injury.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:16 AM

Re: Re: Sad End (The End of a Max)

Originally posted by iwannabmw

That sucks. Some people are so clueless it's unreal. I hope you meant that sleeperse and his passeneger were un injured. There was a 3 car chain reaction accident yesterday in Boston in which they all piled into the back of a school bus stopped at a red light. How the hell can you not see a school bus stopped at a light!

Nice sig, btw. Is the Volvo a Converse conversion or did you DIY?
The Volvo was a DIY. Took just under a month.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by naijai
Yes the celica looked visually ok, but it didn't absorb any of the impact. It had some minor damage once you popped the hood. but it drove home.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:35 PM

Yes the celica looked visually ok, but it didn't absorb any of the impact. It had some minor damage once you popped the hood. but it drove home.
Whoever estimated 10,000 in damages is a fool. By the looks of it, its around 3,000 in damages tops.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:56 AM

The Frame is apperently severly damaged. The body shop gave a ruff estimate on parts alone of $7,000. The insurance adjuster STILL (over a week now) hasn't come out to look at the car. Allstate has been extremly slow on getting sleeperSE a rental car or even looking at his.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:13 PM

I got into an accident this year when it was severely snowing and my tires were very bold. (Ended up going into a rear spin).

-Chasy needed to be realigned
-Rear side where the attena is had a huge huge dent
-Bumper shifted
-Cracked headlight
-Two cracked foglights
-Bent Hood
-Broken Corners (Two flew out, never found)
-Bent drivers side fender with scratches

-Did not go through insurance because I have low low low liability-
-$3500 (parts & labor included)
-New Bumper with reiforcment
-Whole Car Repainted
-New fog lights, corners, headlights
-Fixed Hood
-Fixed rear dent and replaced drivers fender
-Realigned chasy
-Car looks like new

If anyone from NYC wants the name of the body shop let me know.

-While this is a completely different accident I don't think the car is a total loss. My car drives just like new after all the repairs. (I guess if the frame is damaged then that could raise it a lot my frame was not damaged but had shifted over and needed to be realigned)
Old 08-24-2002, 09:34 AM

it's being fixed. 22days from last monday he gets it back. They are using USED parts, for new OEM parts it would have been totalled. SleeperSE was really hoping it would be totalled, he had his eyes set on a 240sx with a SR20DET in it.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:38 AM

it's being fixed. 22days from last monday he gets it back. They are using USED parts, for new OEM parts it would have been totalled. SleeperSE was really hoping it would be totalled, he had his eyes set on a 240sx with a SR20DET in it.
Why are they using used parts?? He got hit, the other insurance company should pay to fix it using new OEM quality parts. If that totals the car, so be it. Take the money and get the 240SX.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:29 AM

The title is unfortunatly still in his parents name and his mom being the stuburn person she is makes a decision one way (weither it be wrong or right) and sticks with it reguardless of how many time you can prove her completely and utterly wrong. Then She somehow Presses her opinions on sleeperSE and forces him to agree. She decided she didn't want to deal with buying another car so the Max is getting fixed. The car is not under matt's name because of insurance rates for those of us under 25.

If Insurance companies actually based your rates on your ability to drive and not a Stereotype of your age then SleeperSE's car would be in his name and He'd be shopping for a 240SX right now, instead of driving an altima rental car.