Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Autocrossing and Road Course Racing (https://maxima.org/forums/autocrossing-road-course-racing-35/)
-   -   What class for Auto Crossing? (https://maxima.org/forums/autocrossing-road-course-racing/397833-what-class-auto-crossing.html)

cardana24 06-08-2007 11:09 AM

What class for Auto Crossing?

I am entering my first auto cross this weekend in Verona VA. I am registered but I am not positive on my class. I am pretty sure I am in STX (that's the one I entered). With my: #of doors/engine displacement/mods and 235 tires, I think this is the proper class for me. Anyone feel free to let me know different. What class do you guys enter?

Mods:
-Ground Controls with AGX struts
-Rear Sway bar
-18x8 wheels with 235/40/18 tires
-00VI
-I/Y/E
-JWT ecu

LeVeL 06-08-2007 11:58 AM

STX sound right

http://www.scca.org/_filelibrary/Fil...solo_rules.pdf

BEJAY1 06-10-2007 05:04 PM

The 00VI isn't legal in STX but until you start winning most other's in the class won't even know or care.

irish44j 06-10-2007 05:20 PM

technically, I think you would be DSP, owing to the 00VI, since it's legal under update-backdate rules.

XJinCT 06-10-2007 09:36 PM

they dont have a novice class for you the race in?

cardana24 06-11-2007 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by XJinCT
they dont have a novice class for you the race in?

If they did I was not aware of it. I had a great time. I never realized racing around a parking lot could be so much fun. But man, my front tires are torn up!!

cardana24 06-11-2007 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by BEJAY1
The 00VI isn't legal in STX but until you start winning most other's in the class won't even know or care.

I did not say anything about the 00VI in inspection. The guy asked me what mods I had and I told him I had intake and exhaust mods, with 8 inch wide wheels, ans suspension. He agreed that I was in the correct class...but I did not tell him that I had a different intake manifold. I'm not sure if that would make a difference or not.

irish44j 06-11-2007 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by cardana24
I did not say anything about the 00VI in inspection. The guy asked me what mods I had and I told him I had intake and exhaust mods, with 8 inch wide wheels, ans suspension. He agreed that I was in the correct class...but I did not tell him that I had a different intake manifold. I'm not sure if that would make a difference or not.

it would if he knew, and wanted to be a stickler. But like Brian said, alot of things slide in classing unless you're whooping up on your class.

frankly, I think DSP is an easier class to finish high in than STX anyhow.

86maxima96 06-17-2007 05:56 PM

isn't there an SI (special interest) class? it's basically open to everyone, mainly for first seasoners/novices, and once you win in it, you are banned from it and have to more officially be classified.

cardana24 06-18-2007 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
isn't there an SI (special interest) class? it's basically open to everyone, mainly for first seasoners/novices, and once you win in it, you are banned from it and have to more officially be classified.

If there is that class I am not aware of it. I am picking up some new wheels and tires for auto crossing today but they are still 8" wide so I am pretty sure I will stay in the same class.

irish44j 06-18-2007 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 86maxima96

never heard of it. Usually there is an open novice class that novices can run in for several events until they start winning.

86maxima96 06-18-2007 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
never heard of it. Usually there is an open novice class that novices can run in for several events until they start winning.

SI may be only specific to MAC (Minnesota Autosports Club). I don't think we are officially recognized by SCCA, though we do follow the same rules, we may have a few of our own, and the SI class may be one of them.

confused1096 06-28-2007 12:48 PM

At the track here it's just amature night. $30 (and a LOT of fun, even if I got smoked) a pop. After you've done that a few times or your car is out of the 'street legal' class you can get registered for the more advanced classes. Take that with a grain of salt, I've only done it once.