Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Autocrossing and Road Course Racing (https://maxima.org/forums/autocrossing-road-course-racing-35/)
-   -   09 or later autocross maxima???? (https://maxima.org/forums/autocrossing-road-course-racing/649164-09-later-autocross-maxima.html)

donhd04 05-01-2012 08:12 AM

09 or later autocross maxima????

Anyone have any pics of a later model, 7th generation, maxima that has been set up for autocross or road racing circuits? I have done a number of searches and came up empty. Or even any companies that have done one. I am really just wanting pics and specs on some to see what it would be like for a 4 door sports car to be done that way. Thanks in advance.

irish44j 05-01-2012 06:16 PM

autocross or road racing with CVT.....most people doing motorsports want a car with three pedals, or at least a tiptronic/sequential. I can't imagine doing with with a CVT would be all that effective, but who knows.

Why don't you be the first!?

But seriously, stop calling it a 4-door sports car......There are two cars in my sig that are far more "4DSC" than the other one. And those two cars don't include the E-Prepared autocross maxima on the right.... ;)

Enjoy the maxima for what it is: a nice luxury-ish sedan with good performance for a FWD car. Not remotely related to a sportscar other than the enigine.... ;)

donhd04 05-02-2012 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j (Post 8459626)
autocross or road racing with CVT.....most people doing motorsports want a car with three pedals, or at least a tiptronic/sequential. I can't imagine doing with with a CVT would be all that effective, but who knows.

Why don't you be the first!?

But seriously, stop calling it a 4-door sports car......There are two cars in my sig that are far more "4DSC" than the other one. And those two cars don't include the E-Prepared autocross maxima on the right.... ;)

Enjoy the maxima for what it is: a nice luxury-ish sedan with good performance for a FWD car. Not remotely related to a sportscar other than the enigine.... ;)

wow didn't mean to rile you up there. Mine is used for dailey driving the kids back and forth to school anyway. No plans of ever racing mine. I was watching autoracing this weekend and seen a few other 4 doors in some of the stock classes and just was curious as to if anyone had done it yet. MOF there was a AUDI A4 2010 that was in the lead when i turned it on. Oh and BTW mine had "4DSC" right on the back window from the factory so be upset with them not me.

irish44j 05-02-2012 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by donhd04 (Post 8460074)
wow didn't mean to rile you up there. Mine is used for dailey driving the kids back and forth to school anyway. No plans of ever racing mine. I was watching autoracing this weekend and seen a few other 4 doors in some of the stock classes and just was curious as to if anyone had done it yet. MOF there was a AUDI A4 2010 that was in the lead when i turned it on. Oh and BTW mine had "4DSC" right on the back window from the factory so be upset with them not me.

Lol, just giving you a hard time, but Nissan's marketing is retarded and it's annoying when people repeat the stupid company line :mad:. The original Maxima 4DSC was the 3rd gen (which had the same sticker, btw), which actually was one of the sportier sedans around at the time (which it really isn't these days). But whatever, it was just an aside anyhow.

In any case, you could at least do an autocross. People do those in any kind of car (most of us in this forum autocross(ed) maximas). Hell, I once saw a Honda Odyssey out there autocrossing! You won't be terribly fast, but you'll still have a good time. There's no danger to the car or anything, and if you're not driving balls-out your tires should be ok.

donhd04 05-03-2012 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j (Post 8460787)
Lol, just giving you a hard time, but Nissan's marketing is retarded and it's annoying when people repeat the stupid company line :mad:. The original Maxima 4DSC was the 3rd gen (which had the same sticker, btw), which actually was one of the sportier sedans around at the time (which it really isn't these days). But whatever, it was just an aside anyhow.

In any case, you could at least do an autocross. People do those in any kind of car (most of us in this forum autocross(ed) maximas). Hell, I once saw a Honda Odyssey out there autocrossing! You won't be terribly fast, but you'll still have a good time. There's no danger to the car or anything, and if you're not driving balls-out your tires should be ok.

dude you are seriously wanting my wife to commit murder 101 aren't ya. LOL I would love to try it sometime but she already has my balls in her purse and would beat me with them if i ever did that. haha. know what they say. "If momma aint happy, then no one is happy"

irish44j 05-03-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by donhd04 (Post 8461794)
dude you are seriously wanting my wife to commit murder 101 aren't ya. LOL I would love to try it sometime but she already has my balls in her purse and would beat me with them if i ever did that. haha. know what they say. "If momma aint happy, then no one is happy"

just let her drive too. Then she'll be hooked.

alternately, tell her it's a "driving school." :cool:

alternately, just don't tell her at all.