Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

JosephMaxima96 and his led work

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:38 AM
4th Gen Parts King

JosephMaxima96 and his led work

OK first off i will say i have contacted JosephMaxima96 by pm and notified him of this post since he likes to beat around the bush when you ask him any kind of question so i figured he would have to if it was out in the open.

I had shipped him the following on friday jan 7th
95-97 auto climate control white
Dimmer switch White
Hazard switch Red
Defrost switch White (Blue when on)
Heated seat switches white
Ignition key ring White
Ash tray White
bad board for master switch (Seee if you can do anything with it).
( paid 60 dollars for all of this)

He had received all of this Monday Jan 10th usps 0303 0830 0000 8396 3947
I was told he would be able to get them shipped out the same day he received mine.That did not happen.

He shipped them out friday jan 14th and i received them today usps 3031910000171658399

Well upon opening the package i was not impressed with his work.

All of the leds work on this but the wiring is a mess.

Dimmer switch White
no complaints on this.works as it should.

Hazard switch Red
Led does not work at all and switch gets stuck because led is in the way

Only one switch has a working led

Ignition key ring White
led does not work

Ash tray White
led works but workmanship is horrible. drilled a new hole for an led.

So the only things that are satisfactory and will be going in my car is the defrost switch, dimmer switch and one heated seat switch.

I am capable of doing all of these leds myself.Thats why i'm not satisfied i would never send someone work like this. My led project has been going on for the past couple months with me getting no where so i decided it would be easier for me to have them done so i could get my car back together faster.

I have pictures of his work so if anybody could host them that would be great.I do not want to host them on cardomain.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Kevlo for President

I wonder how hte tails will turn out....
Old 01-18-2005, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by fanaticrockford
OK first off i will say i have contacted JosephMaxima96 by pm and notified him of this post since he likes to beat around the bush when you ask him any kind of question so i figured he would have to if it was out in the open.

I had shipped him the following on friday jan 7th
Dimmer switch White
Hazard switch Red
Ignition key ring White
Ash tray White
bad board for master switch (Seee if you can do anything with it).
( paid 60 dollars for all of this)

He had received all of this Monday Jan 10th usps 0303 0830 0000 8396 3947
I was told he would be able to get them shipped out the same day he received mine.That did not happen.

He shipped them out friday jan 14th and i received them today usps 3031910000171658399

Well upon opening the package i was not impressed with his work.

All of the leds work on this but the wiring is a mess.

Dimmer switch White

Hazard switch Red
Led does not work at all and switch gets stuck because led is in the way

Only one switch has a working led

Ignition key ring White
led does not work

Ash tray White
led works but workmanship is horrible. drilled a new hole for an led.

So the only things that are satisfactory and will be going in my car is the defrost switch, dimmer switch and one heated seat switch.

I am capable of doing all of these leds myself.Thats why i'm not satisfied i would never send someone work like this. My led project has been going on for the past couple months with me getting no where so i decided it would be easier for me to have them done so i could get my car back together faster.

I have pictures of his work so if anybody could host them that would be great.I do not want to host them on cardomain.
I am sorry that these things are not working for you, I know it was all working when shipped out, and we could have talked to resolve this problem, first thing really is I drilled another hole for the ashtray because an led has a small viewing angle, and I drilled so it aimed right straight into the proper area so your dash would light up better, I know for a fact that was done so you can enjoy better light, anything that is not working I am able to work with you with either repairing it, or giving you a partial refund, just let me know and I will work with you on this, I am sorry it did not work out for you. I can try my best to fix it.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Black Maxima

I have had one transaction with JosephMaxima96 in the last week. I got a tan passenger side A-pillar from him. It arrived quickly and in excellent shape. It was just want I wanted. I would do business with JosephMaxima96 in the future. He responded to my e-mails and he is a great seller in my book.

Aaron

Old 01-18-2005, 07:59 PM

I agree with w/joseph. If I have a problem with someone, I would try and resolve it with the person first. It seems he would have been more than willing to help you out.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:16 PM
4th Gen Parts King

ok here are the pics http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/126366/2

well the dimmer switch no longer works at all (no dash lights)

We can always talk here to resolve this so i get straight answers like i had stated.
I'm sorry but i will not have you repairing these i do not like your work.I would have bought a set of led tails if this turned out to be good work.

To me using elecrical tape and and twisting wires togethor is not quality work.Also there is no way these were tested before they were shipped or you would have found out alot of them do not work and the hazard switch is catching on an led so does not work.i also just relized you drilled out the circuit board for the climate control to fit your own led holders.

I have my own leds so i will be redoing all of your work.
I will be filing a claim with my cc for a full refund since i have no idea on how much longer the defrost sitch and heated seat switch will work.

I will send all of your leds and wire used back to you but i cannot send the holders back because some of the things you have done can not be fixed without them. I still need 5 led holders to fix your work so i would be willing to pay you 5 dollars for them and send you all the leds back for a refund of 55 dollars.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:17 PM
4th Gen Parts King

Originally Posted by wunfstmax
I agree with w/joseph. If I have a problem with someone, I would try and resolve it with the person first. It seems he would have been more than willing to help you out.
read the very top of my first post.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:31 AM

To me using elecrical tape and and twisting wires together is not quality work

Are you serious? This guy's a clown.

Hey Joe, will you be soldering any of the LEDs in the tails, or will you be trying to use elmer's glue? LOL
Old 01-19-2005, 07:43 AM
MaximaFreak

The guy has a legitimate claim. Anyone who twists wires together instead of soldering is clearly not doing a quality job.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:34 PM

I just want to let everyone here know that I am sorry, and I am willing to work make things better in the future for anyone willing to buy from me, I just have a few questions if that is ok with everyone, I belive his dimmer switch failed him because the rosin I am using is not sticking to copper, if anyone on here can help me get the right rosin then I know that will help perfect everything in the future, the next thing is the hazard switch, it was partly the rosin used why it wasn't sticking and why it didn't work, I should have also used a 3mm led instead of shoving a 5mm led in there, last thing is I used electrical tape, I know I should have used the rosin first, but again it was not sticking to the copper, and as for the tape, I don't know what is better to use but if anyone knows what I could use that is way better then tape, please let me know and I will change my ways right away, so if anyone can tell me what to get to help make things smoother for eveyone, and my business alike, please help me help the org out. I am really sorry, and I do not blame you wanting your $60 back, there is no need to get th CC company involved, and there won't be a need to ship any leds or holders back, it's free of charge sir, again sorry for everything, and until I can get the correct tools and ect, I will be putting the LED business on hold. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:18 AM

Get some flux solder from radio shack, that will work perfectly everytime. No need to mess with rosin.

Solder wires together instead of twisting and taping them. After soldering them, cover the joint with either tape or heat shrink wrap.

Man, sounds like you really are clueless, huh?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:07 AM
4th Gen Parts King

This is a pm i received from a local orger

to put it plain and simple he's a ***** and detracts from the maxima community as a whole. i have the misfortune of knowing this dip**** since he lives 20 minutes from me and frequents our meets even though pretty much everyone here in AZ has had more than enough of him. i've watched him rip people off and sell ****ty products many times. a look at his own car will give you a slight clue of what kind of work he does

if i was a moderator on these forums i would have banned him months ago. even on our AZ boards he posts under 3 different user names in efforts that we wont figure out who it is

egh thats enough from me for now
good luck getting your money back from him
let me know if i can help in any way
Old 01-20-2005, 10:35 AM
4th Gen Parts King

I'm sorry but i filed a claim with my cc company.I will have them sort this out for me.I am not going to wait for you to give me my money back since that may take awhile.You know may paypal address you could have sent me a refund at any time but you didn't.I would have had to pay paypal fees that way anyhow. So with my cc i will get all my money back minus the shipping charges i have from mailing you my switches. I'm glad you stepped up and admitted you screwed up and got in over your head.But to be honest i hope you never make a sale on this board again.From all your posts you had said that you could do these in a certain amount of time and you know your wiring. You have no clue on wiring you wanted to make a profit.You did not want to help out the maxima community like you have stated.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:55 AM

This is not fair to me at all, I told you I mess up, I am trying to work out a new way of doing these led mods, and you still hate on me, then you bring my car into this whole matter, my car is primed yes! Big deal, that is not fair to say because my car is primed my work is ****ty, this is my only car, and I don't have time to get it painted, let alone have the right funding at this point to get it painted, I bet the person who posted that to you was 007max right? You want this **** talking to begin why don't you ask him what his car looks like!? As of right now his car has a bent frame, no front end, no antenna, rear keyhole, or door moldings, just holes were those parts should be, and you want to ask why his car has no front end? He was driving like a ****ing idiot going around a curve at 80mph slides and hits a pole bending his frame and causing his front motor mount to ding his cattman headers, so if that was you 007max you better shut your mouth because I had nothing against you at all until you started this **** about my car and my work, get the facts straight before you say I have ripped so many people off!
Old 01-20-2005, 12:00 PM

What your car or his car look like is meaningless....

The fact of the matter is that no one on this board should buy a thing from you, or trust anything you say
Old 01-20-2005, 12:03 PM

Thats fine, I am finishing up everyones stuff today, selling the extra parts, and going to end this for the good of everyone else, there is no way of proving to you I can be a good seller, and business man, so I am going to finish up what I have now, and call it quits. Thanks toplinemaxima for the information you gave me, it is good information for future projects for myself.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:29 PM
4th Gen Parts King

So your profile says your car is 350z blue which is not true.And your age says 27. is this true.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
VK56 Inside

+1 on the heat shrink tube. That stuff rocks!
Old 01-20-2005, 04:49 PM

So I picked up fluz solder, and I tell ya it works wonders for me! I am going to get the heat shrink stuff next, from all of your replys it sounds to be teh own
Old 01-20-2005, 05:00 PM

cool hopefully that works better for you joe.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:01 PM

show everyone you can really do the led mod
Old 01-20-2005, 06:43 PM
4th Gen Parts King

Originally Posted by azmaxipad
show everyone you can really do the led mod **** you have them on your car and they look and work great
I thought you were the guy that was helping him out.

Also when fixing all the mistakes i noticed the hazard switch that did not light up before must have been reversed because the led works but it is a white led and i wanted red so if someone tested these this couldn't have happened.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:38 PM

I thought you were the guy that was helping him out.

Also when fixing all the mistakes i noticed the hazard switch that did not light up before must have been reversed because the led works but it is a white led and i wanted red so if someone tested these this couldn't have happened.
Well I have harnesses for all of the switches I sell, and I must have put the led on backwards like you stated, honest mistake, I must have mixed some leds too, sorry for everything man.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by JosephMaxima96
Well I have harnesses for all of the switches I sell, and I must have put the led on backwards like you stated, honest mistake, I must have mixed some leds too, sorry for everything man.
"I must have basically done nothing you wanted and sent you junk"

HAHAHA
Old 01-20-2005, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by toplinemaxima
"I must have basically done nothing you wanted and sent you junk"

HAHAHA
Shut up noob, you make me laugh, espally since this is feedback on things customers have bought from me, and you are just the same guy flaming me on everything I do and I think that is funny and makes me chuckle.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:18 PM
MaximaFreak

*bites tongue*
Old 01-20-2005, 08:29 PM

Shut up noob, you make me laugh, espally since this is feedback on things customers have bought from me, and you are just the same guy flaming me on everything I do and I think that is funny and makes me chuckle.

That's alright. Glad you can chuckle, cuz everyone's chuckling at you right now so you might as well join them
Old 01-20-2005, 08:58 PM

I think we can all have a large chuckle, you noobs make me laugh alot, thanks for making my day lol!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:12 PM
daroknessmonsto

har har, i guess sending complete trash to fellow org. members is a laughing matter

Old 01-20-2005, 09:16 PM
4th Gen Parts King

Originally Posted by daroknessmonsto
Can't believe the word "noob" was just used by a 27 year-old grown man. What has America come to ?
The thing i hear is he is only 19 but he hasn't confirmed this yet.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:24 PM
daroknessmonsto

Wow. So his entire profile is complete . Now that's something to laugh at.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This is not fair to me at all, I told you I mess up, I am trying to work out a new way of doing these led mods, and you still hate on me, then you bring my car into this whole matter, my car is primed yes! Big deal, that is not fair to say because my car is primed my work is ****ty, this is my only car, and I don't have time to get it painted, let alone have the right funding at this point to get it painted, I bet the person who posted that to you was 007max right? You want this **** talking to begin why don't you ask him what his car looks like!? As of right now his car has a bent frame, no front end, no antenna, rear keyhole, or door moldings, just holes were those parts should be, and you want to ask why his car has no front end? He was driving like a ****ing idiot going around a curve at 80mph slides and hits a pole bending his frame and causing his front motor mount to ding his cattman headers, so if that was you 007max you better shut your mouth because I had nothing against you at all until you started this **** about my car and my work, get the facts straight before you say I have ripped so many people off!
you have no need to bring me or my car into this. i'm not the one who's scamming people out of their money here. you have no idea what happened with my car or whose fault it was so stop posting complete BS assumptions here. i also don't claim to be 27 years old and to have a car thats painted 350z blue because i don't. i have no problem with you or you car, just the way you lie and scam people out of money
Old 01-20-2005, 11:12 PM

yes i was helping joe on the tail lights that's it i was drilling the holes for him. from what i saw everything was soldered w/ resistors.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:32 AM

Well.... I for 1 think he does awesome work! I just received my dome light back from him. It took the exact amount of time that i was quoted, it was packaged nicely and the work seemed to be top notch! Everything works perfectly and there isn't a single problem with it. Excellent work Joseph and don't let the haters get to ya. Problems are going to occur when you get so many orders at once. Leave the friggin guy alone and let him fix his mistakes and make things right. As far as posting pics of his car and other BS, who gives a f$%k what kind of car he drives or what it looks like! As long as the work performed is good that is all that should matter. Now I know a some of you will come back with the statement of "Well his works sucks, my **** is all messed up" I see he has offered to fix everything and eve said he would refund the 1 guy all his money, what more do you want? I will post some pics of his work tonight when i get home from work. I would definitley reccomend him to others and will go back to him for more LED work.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think a lot of ppl need to STFU for one simple reason, if your not gonna even try to help members on the .org then don’t stop other members from trying.

I’d buy from JosephMaxima96, and you wanna know why?

Because I don’t know how to make LED taillights and guess what those who do know DON’T want help me or want a ridicules amount to do them for me.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by 007max
you have no need to bring me or my car into this. i'm not the one who's scamming people out of their money here. you have no idea what happened with my car or whose fault it was so stop posting complete BS assumptions here. i also don't claim to be 27 years old and to have a car thats painted 350z blue because i don't. i have no problem with you or you car, just the way you lie and scam people out of money
I have never scamed a single person ever for any amount of money! Ask anyone on here, this isn't about me scamming anyone out of money! Please if you feel I have scammed somone, I want to know right now when I have scammed somone Igor?!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:01 PM
4th Gen Parts King

You have scammed me.I paid you for a service and i didn't get it.You said yourself you screwed up.You have said that you will fix it but i havn't seen any money.Instead i have to go thru my cc company to get my money back.I WAS SCAMMED
Old 01-21-2005, 12:25 PM

What ever, I asked if you wanted refund and you said forget it I am going to deal with it through your CC company, thats fine, You paid me for a service and I gave you the parts working condition, one thing didn't work and you get all butt hurt, I offer to fix too and you say forget that you rather make me suffer, thats cool, I am done with you at this point, if your CC company denies you your money back, don't come to me for the $60 back because you said it yourself you want to deal with it with your Cc company
Old 01-21-2005, 12:27 PM
MaximaFreak

Listen, your efforts are nobel. I'm not sure if you ever disclosed that you are relatively new to doing jobs like this, but I would hope you offered that information. You seemed to want to help out the Maxima community in some way and make a few bucks on the side. I too, was guilty of this with making 97-99 taillights and/or inserts. It's easy to want to help this community, we all share a common interest.

However, when I offered to make the inserts/tails, I had already done at least 5 pairs and done them perfectly. I know that I am a perfectionist when it comes to cutting the inserts, sanding, fitment, shipping (padding added, double boxed) ,etc. and I knew that I wouldn't have unhappy customers.

All that said, you screwed up. You got in over your head. You used electrical tape and twisted wires together ... this is completely unacceptable for a paid service. (The buyers need to take some ownership here too ... they took a risk.) Sure you admitted it, but that doesn't make anyone involved any more happy or secure in their purchase. They are requesting a refund with a legitimate claim that you agree with? (As you seem to.) Refund their money and call it a learning experience.

Just some friendly business advice, don't take it personally.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:58 PM

I would totally agree with a partial refund for the climate control, but he wants full refund and wont bother with me he would rather deal with his CC company, I even asked people what is best to use to get hte job done right, and now I even offer to fix it I understand he wouldnt want my offer again, but I know what I am doing for sure now, so all in all, a full refund is not fair, but it was a good lwarning experience, you are right about that indeed.

Quick Reply: JosephMaxima96 and his led work