Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Triple8Sol & Horrible Buying Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:20 PM

Triple8Sol & Horrible Buying Experience

On 02-18-05 I responded to a 5th Generation classified ad by Triple8Sol for a set of used 5.5 gen HID headlights. On that day I sent him $600 via Pay Pal for the lights.

On 02-23 (5 days) I inquired if he had sent them yet and he replied that he needed to find a box large enough to ship them in. He had already told me that he posessed some pre-paid Fed Ex shipping labels for that purpose.

On 02-26 (8 days) I inquired as to when he might expect to ship them and he told me he found a box at work today and would try to ship them over the weekend (it was a Saturday).

On the evenings of Monday 02-28, Tuesday 03-01, and Wednesday 03-02, I sent him some more PMs. Each one I asked if he had shipped the headlights yet. He never responded to any of them. On the 03-02 message I asked him to to contact me ASAP and give me some information, otherwise I'd have to assume that my $600 was long gone. I told him if I didn't hear back from him by the next day I would make a public post on his original classified ad thread asking anyone if they knew or heard anything about him or the situation.

On the evening of 03-03 (13 days) I still hadn't heard from him and posted on the classified ad as I said I would.

On 03-04 (14 days) I discovered that JamesLee808 had also given money to Triple8Sol for a set of HID headlights and hadn't heard anything from him just as I had. Pearl96Max (a moderator) advised that Triple8Sol had activity on the org today. Yet he still hadn't contacted myself or JamesLee808. With this information it led us to believe that our money had indeed been stolen. I posted that unless I heard from Triple8Sol immediately regarding the situation I would involve the police. Since I happen to be a police officer, this would involve me applying for a search warrant to obtain all the records regarding Triple8Sol and the HID transaction both on the org and Pay Pal. The next step would be to involve Seattle PD where Triple8Sol lives and have them contact him personally. I gave him my work phone number at the police department and asked him to call me.

On 03-05 (day 15) Triple8Sol responded in his classified ad that he had been out of town. He was very pissed off and called all this BS, saying that everyone knew what was going on and that he wasn't going to say anthing more. I replied that he had left me no choice and that what had actually happened, in my opinion, was that it was a combination of procrastination on his behalf (which, by itself would not have been a HUGE deal) and the fact that he disappeared for 5 days and never bothered to tell me or JamesLee808 that he was leaving town. Plus, according to a moderator, Triple8Sol had been active on the org since then...making it fairly evident he was ignoring us. I asked Triple8Sol for an apology and and explanation. He responded by deleting his classified ad.

So here it is on Monday, 03-07 (day 17). I haven't heard anything from Triple8Sol. This apparently is my only recourse...by posting on the buyer/seller feedback forum.

Triple8Sol, this paragraph is specifically for you. I have given you multiple opportunities to contact me regarding the money that I sent you for the purchase of the HID headlights. You have failed miserably as a seller. I work tonight (Monday) from 4pm to 2am. I've already given you my work phone number, but I'll PM it to you again as well as your regular email. You NEED to call me at work to satisfy me that you really do have these headlights and that you're going to mail them, if you haven't already. Otherwise, you're leaving me with no choice but to assume that you've stolen my $600. Call me and I'll call you back if the long distance fee is an issue for you. If I don't get some reassurance from you by 2am, then I will proceed with my original plan. When I go to work on Tuesday night, I will start a police report and begin the application process for a search warrant. This can all be avoided by a MINIMAL amount of work on your behalf...just call me!! Is that really asking too much? Please don't take this as me threatening you just because I don't think you're getting the headlights to me on a timely basis. I honestly believe you had no intention of shipping them and/or never had any headlights to begin with. I wouldn't be going through all this if I didn't think you have stolen our (mine and JamesLee808's) money. What did you expect us to think? Then, even after you "reappear" you not only ignore us and delete your thread, but we still haven't heard from you. Contact me ASAP.

Tony
Old 03-07-2005, 04:39 PM

Yo Triple I giving you the benefit of the doubt that you will ship the headlights to me. As you seen the first post I am dealing with the same problem but not as long Tony. This is what I don't understand Triple, you have a good rep as a seller but after I paid you there is no response. So I read the thread were I orginally saw the HID headlights for sale and find out that your not responding to Tony. The after me and Tony write something you go on a tantrum about how me making a huge deal out of nothing. Then you delete the Thread wtf is that. I see you post in the org. so I know your on and see PMs we sent you. Why don't you respond to me and Tony emails or PM then? I'm still trusting that you will send me and Tony the lights. Did me and tony have to go this low to write something is the dealer feedback to finally get you to respond to us?
Old 03-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Interesting... I hope this works out
Old 03-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

I purchased a set of wheels from Patrick last year for $1500 and through some minor delays in the shipping (which was directly FedEx/Kinko's issue). Patrick was VERY good in keeping me updated on the status, even in needing to re-package the wheels per FedEx's request. With as many positive transactions that Patrick is part of on this forum, I am surprised at how little patience some members have. I for one would buy from him in a heartbeat even with the minor delays him and I delt with on my wheel purchase, and I spent 2x's+ what each of what Tony & JamesLee808 have in this case.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
I purchased a set of wheels from Patrick last year for $1500 and through some minor delays in the shipping (which was directly FedEx/Kinko's issue). Patrick was VERY good in keeping me updated on the status, even in needing to re-package the wheels per FedEx's request. With as many positive transactions that Patrick is part of on this forum, I am surprised at how little patience some members have. I for one would buy from him in a heartbeat even with the minor delays him and I delt with on my wheel purchase, and I spent 2x's+ what each of what Tony & JamesLee808 have in this case.
I'm glad you had a good buying experience with him. But haven't you been reading the threads? It's very clear that he never had the headlights to begin with. He's been given EVERY opportunity to explain himself, but he's choosing not to do so. In fact, he's not doing much of anything. I just got a PM from him saying he's considering not even sending me the headlights and just refunding me the money. PLEASE DO, PATRICK!! I asked him to do that and I've given him a couple of deadlines but he keeps delaying. THAT'S BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE THE HEADLIGHTS TO BEGIN WITH. And if he had our $600 ($1,200 total) he would have refunded it already. The money is gone.

Tony
Old 03-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

While I know from searching/reviewing past transactions that Patrick has had a LOT of positive experiences on here, this one is out of hand. I myself was a "bad" seller a few months ago (forgot to ship something) and got raked over the coals for it. triple8 SHOULD respond, if not in public them at least privately. I respect him as a seller, but he really should step up. Given the concrete timeline ablve, I would say that his is out of hand in this instance.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:48 AM

I agree. When you order something from anyone, you expect to get that product in a timely fashion. If there are any expected delays, it should be known. And in this case, there was definitely no intention of either Tony or James getting what they had paid for with their hard earned money. If he was having difficulty getting them or didn't have them, he should've made that known upfront so that everyone could've easily decided yay or nay to going through w/ the transaction. And most of all. You should keep in contact w/ that person if they already gave the money. When they don't hear anything from the seller for possibly days or into weeks then you just have to assume the worse case scenario.

James & Tony, did you both let paypal know? Were you able to get a refund or post a complaint? Paypal will back or refund your purchase if you did not have the expected product or if there was an unfair transaction made? This really sucks though. Good luck w/ this and hope that you both are able to get compensatied for what you both have gone though.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:49 PM

I really don't care what other people say about triple8sol anymore. At first I was like he had so many good transaction with other people so he would be the same for me. He might of been good to you but not to me at all. There is no communication with him. I have given him everyway to contact me (email, PM, and phone number). I given him soo many chance to tell me whats going on. I'm just sick of it, if this happened to you would feel the same way. Triple8Sol don't even bring your rep about being a good seller b/c after this I hope that people see ur rep. doesn't me sh*t.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:03 PM
retired moderator

why does this remind me of the typical "Frankencar" thread?
Old 03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by AllMaxxedOut
[I]n this case, there was definitely no intention of either Tony or James getting what they had paid for with their hard earned money.
We do not know that for certain. Please do not speculate to that effect without concrete proof. While slim, there IS still a chance that there is a legtimate reason for the delay.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

This is not the first time I have heard of problems with TripelSol. And I have seen him delete his owns threads before because of some of the content.
I saw Triple post tonight infact. I have seen Triple8 been trying to sell those HIDS for some time now. Kinda odd he would dump the transaction now.
I sure hope you guys get your money back. It's funny you have to threaten him to get any response.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:58 PM

Please be careful everyone!! Speculations can be okay when made in the correct context. In my case I honestly believe I've stuck with the facts and they speak for themselves.

I don't want this thread to be locked so please choose your words carefully.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 03-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

What's the latest on this situation?

Did you get your $$ back, or even a phone call?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:43 AM

I got a PM from Patrick yesterday. And I quote:

"It's quite simple. Just agree to retract your unwarranted statements once you receive the lights. Once you have them in hand, it's obvious everything you were saying is just jumping to conclusions on your part. I've got both the product and the money still. Just deciding which one to send. The package is just weighing down my trunk waiting to be dropped off at Kinko's FedEx. I know we'd both like to finish this transaction, so just waiting on you to agree to be reasonable and I'll forgive your misunderstanding once the transaction is copmlete."

Patrick, You are an ignorant moron and the most absolutley horrible person I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I've given you several deadlines of which you've chosen to ignore. This entire fiasco was your doing. As I've said before, this all began from your procrastination. Then, instead of shipping the headlights as you said you would, you completely disappeared for 5 days. A quick PM would have put my mind at ease and I wouldn't have "jumped to warrantless conclusions" over that 5-day period in which I feared my money and you were gone. It was then proven that you had been on the org during that time but had chosen to ignore me. This solidified my belief and forced me to bring my professional life into the org which I had never done nor planned on doing. Then, when you re-appeared, you got pissed off and instead of apologizing like you should have for not taking care of your end of the exchange you made accusations and refused to discuss the matter like a little child. Then you deleted your thread when people started asking questions. So I started this thread and once again numerous members have asked you questions as to why you did what you did and you answered nothing. Every post and PM you have sent have been non-responsive and you ignore anyone that challenges your position. Then Pearl96Max goes public with the fact that you've been PM-ing other members wanting to know if you could buy their headlights. We've drawn the natural conclusion that you never had the headlights to begin with. I've provided you with a telephone number to contact me on multiple occasions. I've given you multiple deadlines to SHIP MY HEADLIGHTS and instead of doing so you respond by telling me you won't ship them until I retract my feedback. Is this why you have such a good reputation/feedback on the org? Because you won't ship someone's goods until they promise to only say nice things about you? And just what do you think will be accomplished by me removing anything? Like everyone's going to forget all this just becuase I retract it? I can't retract anything! Everything I've said is true. And you acting the way you have only proves my point and justifies what I've done. And then I asked you to just refund my money and you ignore my request and respond that YOU can't decide if YOU want to return my money? You've been in control of this entire situation! I'm merely responding to your actions. You've completely dictated every turn of this awful experience. Well Patrick, do you remember what I told you would happen if you didn't give me my headlights or refund the money? It's done. It's out of my hands. I'm not discussing the matter with you any more. Ship the headlights or don't ship them. Return my money or don't return my money. There's really NO difference...whether you actually have the headlights and are refusing to ship them or you don't have them and are incapable of holding your end of the deal. It's clear you're going to do whatever you want to do. You say I'm threatening you by telling you I'm going to prosecute you for theft yet you're dumb enough to make a written document trail stating that you won't ship my headlights that you have possession of? Well Patrick, the ball is in your court. I've done what I said I was going to do. The only thing that will prevent you from being prosecuted is to either ship the headlights or give me my $600 like I've been asking you to do. I'm done messing around with you. Do what you want. And you might consider giving JamesLee808 the time of day because in case you haven't forgotten you have $600 that belongs to him as well. And don't bother responding to this post or PM-ing me unless you're ready to step up and take responsiblity and do your part.

Tony
Old 03-10-2005, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by mzmtg
What's the latest on this situation?

Did you get your $$ back, or even a phone call?
Nope and nope.

Tony
Old 03-10-2005, 07:55 PM
SLOW

What is this guy out of his mind? He's got the money for one product that he sold to two different individuals, then refuses to send it to either of them. Then ignores them and actually thinks extortion is a good idea when you are dealing with a police officer? Triple8sol must have obtained some good crack, because that's what you'd have to be on to trash a good rep (which he had) and go toe to toe legally with a law enforcement officer when he's in the wrong. Unbelieveable.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:25 PM

here is a good website for the buyers

http://www.atg.wa.gov/consumer/complain.shtml
Old 03-11-2005, 05:07 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

What happened to the LeftCoastTuning web site?
Old 03-11-2005, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by mzmtg
What happened to the LeftCoastTuning web site?

looks like its down. to Tony and James, I strongly suggest you look at the link posted just above.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
looks like its down. to Tony and James, I strongly suggest you look at the link posted just above.
I did. I haven't had a chance to thoroughly check it out yet, though. Thanks!

Tony
Old 03-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Simply amazing. I always thought that Pat was a stand up guy... I can't help to make a post... I am just blown away by all of this. I wish the best of luck to both of you to get what you justly deserve. please keep us updated.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have had this exact same problem with him. I bought that ABS lip kit though LeftCoastTuning (paid for front, sides, and rear). I got the front and rear after about a month and alot of checking up on him. Then I wait for the sides....and waited...and waited. After posting on the GD thread, PMing him, and even IMing him (he eventually blocked my screen name), I couldn't get a hold of him. I had to go though a different memeber on the local board who talked to Brian (Patrick's partner in LCT), and Brian handled everything. I know Patrick saw my posts on the GD thread cuz he was posting on other threads but ignoring my posts. He even updated people on .org that he didn't have sides AND NEVER TOLD ME! I had to read it on the org and ask Brian what was going on. Luckily Brian was there cuz he took care of me when I asked for a full refund because I didn't want to deal with that BS anymore. Sorry that you guys don't have someone else to go go about this problem like I did when Patrick seemed to drop off the face of the planet. I hope you guys get taken care of. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Mauja He Mauja

this is amazing. i never thought he would do this. i thought he was selling 2 different sets...
Old 03-11-2005, 08:36 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Funny.... He still comes on a few times a day, but yet nothing to say for himself...

Last Activity: Today 10:30 PM
Old 03-11-2005, 09:20 PM

wow, this is ridiculous, I will make sure to never buy from him..People should spread this word around too, this is uncalled for. I am sorry you two are going through this.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Max20SE00
wow, this is ridiculous, I will make sure to never buy from him..People should spread this word around too, this is uncalled for. I am sorry you two are going through this.
link your signature to this thread and the other one
Old 03-13-2005, 03:43 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

Very interesting........ I never thought he would scam people from the Org. I hope everything works out for you 2.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:07 PM

im surprised by this as well. ive known pat for about 3 years. i hope this is not true that hes taking peoples money.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:42 PM
LithiuMax

What a ***mo.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:26 PM

I recieved the headlights today. I don't know what else to really say other than I'm glad I finally got them.

Tony
Old 03-14-2005, 05:30 PM

glad to see that you finally recieved your lights!
Old 03-14-2005, 06:03 PM

but what about jameslee? he hasnt been saying much, being more passive, but he still paid patrick $600. any word on your end james?
Old 03-14-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Fernandes
I recieved the headlights today. I don't know what else to really say other than I'm glad I finally got them.

Tony

glad to hear. but i know for sure i would NEVER buy from him or his crappy website.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by Kevin
glad to hear. but i know for sure i would NEVER buy from him or his crappy website.
Check his sig when you get a chance someone changed it to this thread. Click the picture.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:36 PM
I miss the .org!

I haven't been able to really follow these thread/s, but I can tell you that all you guys have seen is assumptions, opinions and speculation, and quotes that were taken a bit out of context. I know I could've explained things better in the forum/s earlier on, but I have just been going crazy with work, LCT, and my personal life lately. I just haven't had the time or energy for that.

For those that believe that I would never rip anyone off, I appreciate that. For those that don't know me personally or done business with me before might be unsure, and that's understandable. But for those that do know me or have done business with me and actually believe that I would do something like this, I'm severely disappointed. After doing hundreds of online transactions personally and with LCT, there's bound to be a couple issues here and there. There might be delays or complications, but NEVER is there a question of honesty or integrity involved. Like with these headlights, I wouldn't even knowingly buy/sell stolen goods. You've seen a few threads for headlights because I sold a few sets over the last few months. Guys like Irish, Blackbird, Lontar, and a couple others...Besides, why would I decide to suddenly rip off a local police officer for a measly $600 dollars and not, for instance, a past group deal involving $3000 with people 3000 miles away? Anybody that's met me knows that I'm not that broke, but more importantly, also know that I'm never slim shady. I'm saddened that my past record has been 100% perfect in that regard, yet still didn't seem to mean much to most people.

Tony had a tracking # for awhile now. The pacakge was at the shipper waiting for me to let them send it out. Perhaps it was my fault for letting business get to me personally, but the accusations and attacks on my character actually hurt. Sounds pretty but it's true. I just wanted him to retract all that bull****, but probably went about it a bit wrong as far as pouting about it. Since his stuff was ready to go anyways, I went ahead and had it released, and he now has it in his possession.

As for James, I held the lights for him and waited about a month for him to pay. Then when he finally does, he used an e-check. He started to complain when his e-check hadn't even cleared yet! He was complaining about not receiving merchandise when I didn't even have his money yet! Because his lights were not already addressed and at the shipper, I am refunding him and will find another buyer for his set one way or another.

So that' the (long?) gist of it. The issue/s are resolved so there's nothing to debate. I haven't, am not, and won't scam anyone, so I'm not stressin'. It's business as usual here. The ONLY reason I'm even posting this much here is because I truly appreciate those who gave me the benefit of the doubt, the efforts of a few unnamed mods that kept the mob in check, and wanted to let you guys know it wasn't in vain.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:26 AM

Ok Triple like I said in the sales forum. There was no communication from you but wutever its done and over with. The echeck cleared on the 7th so there should be no problems if you still want to sell it to me I will take them but if you need some more info. let me now you got my number, email or can just PM me.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:40 AM

Personally, it looked to me that Tony and James weren't being patient. Stuff happens and how can you just blame one party when there are other parties involved with the whole process (Shipping, eCheck, etc).

Triple probably coould have done a better job with keeping Tony informed and James should have checked his eCheck account before accusing Triple of ripping him off.

Word to the wise for future transactions (Tony and James):

Do research on the people you are buying from before you send them cash.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by roofadoofalus
[Y]you should watch out when posting in these threads, because there is a certain overzealous mod that doesnt like noobs. he will ban you for making a post, even if it is relevant to the topic if you happen to be a noob.
WTF are you talking about? The mod never banned anyone for posting in this sort of thread- but he DID delete posts. Check your facts, young grasshopper...
Old 03-25-2005, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cutler
This is obviously about me, yes I deleted posts in this thread. So did other mods who thought alot of the comments were unjustified. And remember Roofy, you have been banned like 4x under different aliases so please shut it....
Well, whoever has the authority to do so...please don't kill this thread! Delete irrelavant posts if you have to, but please let it remain.

Tony
Old 04-07-2005, 05:56 PM

Total BS!

As some of you have been following this thread, along with the For Sale thread in the Classified forum HERE, this is the latest development. After I FINALLY received the headlights the passenger side lens was scratched pretty badly. (see picture below) Triple8Sol did a good job packaging them up, so I know it didn't happen during shipping. Anyway, if any of you recall, the pictures he put at the beginning of the For Sale thread showed the headlights and they didn't have any scratches on them. Of course, he took those pictures off so you can't see them any more. Also, here is a direct quote from him when he advertised them for sale: "A quick buff with plastic polish on the front clear lens should be all it takes to make them look just like new." If any of you doubted that he never had the headlights to sell to me in the first place, then you need to pull your head out of your A**! Only a couple of people out of a few dozen or so actually made posts accusing me of being impatient and jumping to conclusions...the rest of you, like me, knew exactly what was going on. He took my money for some headlights he never had to sell in the first place and eventually found some for me (hopefully not stolen) that were unfortunately damaged. I tried dozens of times to buff them out with plastic cleaner and plastic polish, but most of them are so deep that they're beyond fixing.

So I email Triple8Sol and tell him about the scratches on 3-15. 6 days later on 3-21 he asks me to email him a picture of the scratches, which I did on the same day. I never heard back from him, and even posted in another non-related thread he recently participated in asking him to contact me...no luck...no surprise. So now it's been 17 days and I've heard NOTHING from him.

So. In conclusion. Triple8Sol is nothing short of complete and total con artist AND moron. After I have to go through all this mess just to get my headlights and then when I finally get them they're damaged! This has been the most miserable Internet buying experience I've had since I first owned a computer over 10 years ago. I'm here to tell everyone, unquestionably, DO NOT EVER buy anything from Triple8Sol!!! I'm going to include a link in my org signature referring to this thread so everyone can see exactly what a total load of crap this has been. I'm also officially asking the moderators to ban him from ever posting anything for sale on the org again. Is this possible?

Triple8Sol...it's too late to respond. Don't bother. I'll keep my headlights and just chalk this up to a huge learning experience. Everyone consider that just because someone has good feedback on the org doesn't mean they'll always take care of their obligations.

Thanks for everyone's support and listening to all my problems over the last several weeks. It was all VERY much appreciated.

Tony

Quick Reply: Triple8Sol & Horrible Buying Experience