Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Autolumination sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Autolumination sucks

Here is my sad story
I purchased some LED bulbs from Autolumination back at the end of June. Upon installing them a few weeks later, I discovered one of the red LED bulbs had a bad ground and did not illuminate. When I contacted them, I was told that I had to ship it back (at my own expense of course) to the warranty center for testing. "Ok", I thought. A few days later, I receive this e-mail:

"Hi

I have your bulb return here, and I have a problem.

The bulb you returned was not purchased from us anytime within the past few years.

This is a generic 194 SMT bulb. Ours have our patented circuitry in them, which this bulb does not have. No one else has our 194 SMT bulbs but us. We have not sold any 194 smts without our patented circuitry since the patent was granted 18 months ago.

Yours also looks significantly different from our bulbs.

I am attaching a picture to show you. The one you returned on the left has a red base, and is shorter. Ours have a clear base and are taller due to our patented circuitry.

If you want it back, let me know. I will invoice you for postage to return it so you can send it back to the company from whom it was purchased.

Tracy"

Here is my reply:

"I need a contact number for whoever is in charge. The bulb you have is what was sent to me. Now you are saying that it did not come from you. I am confused"

And to my complete dismay...she wrote back:

"I am in charge.

That bulb may have come from us, but not in the past 18 months.

The bulbs we stock all have clear bases. Yours is red.

We have not had any bulbs that look like this for a very long time. The pictures on our website are our stock.

If you got this from us, it was over 18 months ago, and is outside of our warranty.

Lots of other people carry that bulb, so if you bought it more recently, it came from another supplier, not us.

Tracy"

I think they are completely ****ing retarded. What they are doing should be ****ing illegal. I hope no one has to go through this. Hopefully, I can get my money back from Paypal. I know it was only 10 bucks, but it's the principle. I am ****ing pissed.

Has anyone ever dealt with this **** company?
Old 07-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes, got some bulbs from this place also. When I got my bulbs, looked like I could have purchased them from the .99 store. I'll never buy from them again. Ebay is better that this
Old 07-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

The manager from there e-mailed me today stating they are sending another bulb as a courtesy. However, she still claims the bulb never came from them.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:17 AM

yea auto lumination sucks... I bought red bulbs not too long ago from them have red bases wtf?? Ebay is better bro.. Try using SMD's search for it on ebay i have had better experience with them as bulbs
Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Have to admit - I've purchased a few bulbs from them (LED's) and have had not so good luck with the bulbs.

I'll not post the whole diatribe here....but needless to say, I've spent enuff $$$ on bulbs that don't work -- or LAST.

My other gripe was that I purchased a set of super-white led's to match my HID's, and they CLEARLY had a blueish hue to them.
When I complained -- i was TOLD that BLUE is white.

I think there IS something to be said for LED's not mating-up well with the electrics in my car.
However - my car is 100% OEM, so i don't really see how or why the failure rate of their LED's was so high on my vehicle.

Your choice -- but buy with caution.

gr
Old 10-09-2009, 10:43 AM

maxpowercustoms.com he can hook you up with stuff....
Old 10-10-2009, 04:37 PM

autolumination sucks...the leds I got from there in the past all burned out. I now go to vleds.com and am a happy customer
Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by pbn85
autolumination sucks...the leds I got from there in the past all burned out. I now go to vleds.com and am a happy customer
Funny i have dealt with them for years now and haven't had any burn out or bad service. they are allittle pricey but ok in my book
Old 10-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by Jreed2008
Funny i have dealt with them for years now and haven't had any burn out or bad service. they are allittle pricey but ok in my book
One of the few...The product is average and the service is worse.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:07 AM

hey try v-leds.com been messin with them for awhile ... and they are pretty good...
Old 10-14-2009, 02:12 PM

V-leds gets my vote also.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:55 AM

www.Oznium.com

Last edited by po8pimp; 10-18-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:29 AM

yea OZ is pretty good too ...
Old 10-29-2009, 01:05 PM

+1 for VLeds!.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:47 AM

damn I got my fingers crossed now, I just spent $50 over there!!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

don't sad

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
Here is my sad story
I purchased some LED bulbs from Autolumination back at the end of June. Upon installing them a few weeks later, I discovered one of the red LED bulbs had a bad ground and did not illuminate. When I contacted them, I was told that I had to ship it back (at my own expense of course) to the warranty center for testing. "Ok", I thought. A few days later, I receive this e-mail:

"Hi

I have your bulb return here, and I have a problem.

The bulb you returned was not purchased from us anytime within the past few years.

This is a generic 194 SMT bulb. Ours have our patented circuitry in them, which this bulb does not have. No one else has our 194 SMT bulbs but us. We have not sold any 194 smts without our patented circuitry since the patent was granted 18 months ago.

Yours also looks significantly different from our bulbs.

I am attaching a picture to show you. The one you returned on the left has a red base, and is shorter. Ours have a clear base and are taller due to our patented circuitry.

If you want it back, let me know. I will invoice you for postage to return it so you can send it back to the company from whom it was purchased.

Tracy"

Here is my reply:

"I need a contact number for whoever is in charge. The bulb you have is what was sent to me. Now you are saying that it did not come from you. I am confused"

And to my complete dismay...she wrote back:

"I am in charge.

That bulb may have come from us, but not in the past 18 months.

The bulbs we stock all have clear bases. Yours is red.

We have not had any bulbs that look like this for a very long time. The pictures on our website are our stock.

If you got this from us, it was over 18 months ago, and is outside of our warranty.

Lots of other people carry that bulb, so if you bought it more recently, it came from another supplier, not us.

Tracy"

I think they are completely ****ing retarded. What they are doing should be ****ing illegal. I hope no one has to go through this. Hopefully, I can get my money back from Paypal. I know it was only 10 bucks, but it's the principle. I am ****ing pissed.

Has anyone ever dealt with this **** company?
maby
Old 11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

we can give you the best service of auto led lamp .

hi dear ,nice to meet you, my name is trista ,i am from jiangsu china ,now i am working in ZhenJiang Day Shara Lamp Co.,Ltd.we are the main auto led lamp manufacture in china for many years,so if you want to some question s about the auto LED LAMP ,you can send my email ,i am happy to service you ,my email :ledlamp@dsourlamp.cn
Old 11-03-2009, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Trista
hi dear ,nice to meet you, my name is trista ,i am from jiangsu china ,now i am working in ZhenJiang Day Shara Lamp Co.,Ltd.we are the main auto led lamp manufacture in china for many years,so if you want to some question s about the auto LED LAMP ,you can send my email ,i am happy to service you ,my email :ledlamp@dsourlamp.cn
LOL

sounds like a scam...
Old 11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

how to buy auto led bulds

hi dear, my name is Trista,i am from china.i am sorry to hear that your encounter,maybe i can help you ,i am a sales manager of zhenjiang day shara lamp co.,ltd.we are specialized in producing auto bulb manufacturers.so if you have any questions.please contact me ,i will give you the best answer.or if you want to know more about the auto led bulds.you also can contact me .i am happy to answer your question.or you can send email to me . my email :ledlamp@dsourlamp.cn .and my msm :ledlamp@dsourlamp.cn.look forward to your letters.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

the top quality auto led lamp

dear sir.
good days, my name is trista ,i am from china ,I saw your evaluation of the product,maybe you are not satisfied wiht LED'S ,if you really want to know more about the led bulds,and want to buy some ,you can visit the wedsite:http://www.dsourlamp.com.it is our company's website,we are spesicializing in auto led lamp for many years,maybe you can find what you want in our company,.and if you have some questions about auto led bulds,such as,the type ,voltage.color.materials,ect,i would like to answer your questions right now,or you want to know the price ,i wii service you , my email :ledlamp@dsourlamp.cn ,and my msm :ledlamp@dsurlamp.cn,hope you have a nice day,
Old 11-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

the best service to you about auto led lamp

hi dear ,my name is trista ,i am from china,i hear from you meet bad services,hehe ,we are specializing in auto led lamp in china for many years,next time ,if you want to buy the auto led lamp.we will give you the best service.here i give you our company's website ,you can visit it,website:http://www.dsourlamp.com.and you have any question about the auto led bulds,you can also contact me ,i will give you the best answer,my email:ledlamp@dsourlamp.cn.my msm:ledlamp@dsourlamp.cn.
i hope you have a good day ,
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by nsnrider
LOL

sounds like a scam...

i am sorry to heat that ,maybe you are Misunderstood what I mean,
Old 11-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i am just a member of our company,because i am foreign trade,so i have to find my customer ,or because it is my jop,and my products is auto led lamp. this forum is about the led lamp.so i only to let you know i sell auo led lamp.b

but i see the nsnride reply,i feel sad ,maybe my express is not good,so let you misunderstood,i just let you know ,we sell auto led lamp,and nothig els
Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 AM

Trista do you have a website people can check out? Are you selling on any other forums right now? Do you have any feedback?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Well this thread all went to ****, didn't it?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 PM

Well this thread all went to ****, didn't it?
Jebus...yeah it did...lol...I hope everything works out for you...at least now i know to go to Vleds.com
Old 11-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by woody6212
Trista do you have a website people can check out? Are you selling on any other forums right now? Do you have any feedback?
http://www.dsourlamp.com/
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by Staticxout2
Jebus...yeah it did...lol...I hope everything works out for you...at least now i know to go to Vleds.com
That's a sick looking Max BTW

What body kit is it?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Trista wants to service you roderiques
Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
Trista wants to service you roderiques
Sweet. I would turn her on like a switch.

You know what they say, beauty is a light switch away..
Old 11-20-2009, 05:53 AM

i am happy to service you

Drunkie beat me to it.

Last edited by vball_max; 11-20-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 AM

i am sorry to heat that ,maybe you are Misunderstood what I mean,
Well Trista,

We thank you long time, but isn't that regarded as spam?

and these are their phone #'s, looks more like a serial #

T E L:0086-511-85993628
0086-511-85993627
MOBILE:

F A X:

0086-511-85993626
Old 10-25-2011, 08:25 PM

Old thread, but just wanted to let everyone know that Autolumination STILL sucks.. I got 12 x 1156 bulbs 2 years ago, have them on 2 different cars that I put less than 2000 miles on (each), and have 4 bad bulbs already. What crap.

I wrote to them, and was told the following;

There are several causes of voltage related failures on led bulbs. Some vehicles chronically cause premature led failures. This is normally related to excess voltage, voltage spikes, high levels of AC current being generated from the alternator, or excessive ambient heat. While glass bulbs are slow to react to rapid surges, led bulbs can be destroyed in milliseconds from a sudden spike or chronic high voltage, or excessive AC current from an alternator that has one or more burned out diodes. Additionally, led bulbs should only be used in areas where the ambient temperature is less than 150F.
If I had any of those problems, wouldnt all of the LED's fail at the same time? FWIW both cars have proper working electrical systems.

Uh, ok.. so the LED bulb design is crap- since it can't handle the environment of an automobile! But, they have a fix, SPEND MORE MONEY!

If the bulbs are being used in an application with no dimmer, we have a new led protector that can be spliced into the + wire to protect against minor voltage surges. These work great in vehicles that have high voltage, or are prone to voltage surges. They can also help protect the led bulbs from:

1. Switching on the ignition & starting the engine.

2. Changing or disconnecting the battery.

3. Charging the battery with an auxiliary battery charger, or revving the engine hard with a weak or dead battery.

4. Using jumper cables.

These are +$1.99 each, and can be purchased from the Load Equalizer page
That's right folks, Bulbs from AutoLumination are not fit to handle the unusual act of switching on the ignition and starting the engine!!! Revving the engine hard? Disconnecting the battery?!

If you have $2 technology to make the bulbs not blow up from something as common as using jumper cables, or STARTING THE CAR, why not build that IN TO the bulb? Sounds like they know they have a problem, but my $300 spent on freekin BULBS was not enough I guess. They have my money, and I have a pile of trash.. so, I am the dumb one!

Just ordered some cheap ones off Ebay for 1/3 the price. I have a feeling they will work better, and even if they don't it cost me a lot less.