Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback (https://maxima.org/forums/buyer-seller-feedback-54/)
-   -   Derrick2k2SE- Where are you? (https://maxima.org/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/704590-derrick2k2se-where-you.html)

02nissmax 06-07-2019 07:52 PM

Derrick2k2SE- Where are you?

Hello folks,

On April 7th I created a new post about needing the part # to the clutch bushing. @Derrick2k2SE was nice enough to come forward and make a bushing for me and he mailed it right to my house. That was very generous of him to have done that and help a fellow car guy out. He had asked me to just cover shipping for $5 which I found ridiculous so I sent $20.

All good till the bushing disappeared in my garage.

I had asked @Derrick2k2SEif he could make another one if not no big deal. He asked for $5. Something happened with paypal where he had actually sent 2 invoice totaling $10. I said don't worry about it, keep the $10 as you're doing me a heck of a favor. This was May 2nd. He said he'd get that out to me shortly.

On May 8th, to make it short, I told him I'd keep the old bushing that I finally found in case,(ran over) if he could make me a new one anyway. He said No problem he'll have it done.

After May 8th I sent 4 messages spread out about a week apart asking for status. My last message to him was on May 28th stating to him hat I now consider him gone.

I am very surprised that he disappeared as he actually came through the first time sending me the bushing to replace the original broken one. I'm inclined to think that something happened to him if someone knows his whereabouts. Otherwise, I did state facts here just because it's what happened. I am not worried about the few dollars spent, it is more the principle here. However, had we transacted for hundreds of dollars, then it would've been a different story. Myself, if I can't come through with my end of the deal, I will refund the money to the other party even if it's a dollar that I owe them. But that's me, I'm a stand-up individual. But again, I keep thinking that something happened to him as who disappears with $10, it's just not worth it to gain a crappy reputation, just saying.

Nmax5150 06-21-2020 12:23 PM

Give it a rest man.. Its $10... It must be bothering you if you made a post about..
With all this Covid stuff going around.. You are most worried about losing $10
I will send you $10 so you can pay your rent this month..

JSutter 06-22-2020 07:10 AM

Post is from 2019.

02nissmax 06-28-2020 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nmax5150 (Post 9224233)
Give it a rest man.. Its $10... It must be bothering you if you made a post about..
With all this Covid stuff going around.. You are most worried about losing $10
I will send you $10 so you can pay your rent this month..

LOL, I think you're looking like a bit of an idiot. You should've looked at the date of the post. This is way Pre-covid you silly man.
If you wish to send me $10 I'll gladly accept it. But I can tell you I don't need it. I have a great job in the medical field. I have a 12.5 ft ceiling workshop at the house with tire changer, Hunter tire balancer and a Bendpack lift rated at 12,000 lbs with a race car sitting on it on 7 acres of land and I'm content with some of what I mentioned. There is more though...
So, do I need your $10? If I was a betting man I'd say no. I'd say you need your $10 more than I do. I don't have a rental, I own my house on 7 acres ;) Keep the $10 for your studio apt's rent.
What I don't like is people that can't live up to what they say they will do, I don't care if it's a $1.

And most certainly, I don't like idiotic comments like yours. Next time, be wiser and look at the date of the post you silly man lol
You joined barely 2 years ago and must not be aware of dates that get attached to posts. The joke is on you. :tardsmash