Conversation Between byrdman164 and Rhyno02
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. byrdman164
    11-10-2009 02:36 PM
    Yeah. I was there today, things definitely aren't looking good. I'll know more tomorrow, but I might have to yank my toolbox outta there before Friday. Where are you on the island? Maybe I can give you a hand with it at your house or something, depending on whether or not I find a job. Like I said I'll know more tomorrow to give you a better idea.
  2. Rhyno02
    11-09-2009 08:50 PM
    That's fine man. There's no real rush, I am working nights all week and then I am going away this weekend.
  3. byrdman164
    11-09-2009 12:37 PM
    I might, I have to check with the owner since I haven't been there in a couple of days. I've been lookin for a job in the meantime and taking care of some things around the house. I'm stopping in there tomorrow so I'll definitely check. I don't know what's involved with replacing the cable, so I don't know of a price yet. Tomorrow I can look at mine and see what would have to be done and then I can get back to ya. Also, I don't have access to a scan tool that's able to change ignition timing unfortunately. The scanner that I have isn't that far advanced to do anything other than read/clear codes and check OBD monitors or view live data. But again, let me see what's involved and then I'll get back to you, cool?
  4. Rhyno02
    11-09-2009 07:22 AM
    Hey man, do you still have access to the shop? I have a positive battery terminal and cable I need installed (I may be able to do this myself but it look like I'd have to take the air intake out to do it...plus I am lazy) and I want to advance my timing to 17. Lemme know a price. I'll have to check my bank account to see when I can do it..lol. Thanks man.
  5. byrdman164
    11-02-2009 07:18 AM
    Yeah, I just found someone on the forum selling iridium NGK's for like $40...If he's willing to part with them I might just have to dig up the money somehow haha.
  6. Rhyno02
    11-01-2009 09:10 PM
    I would love to take those off of your hands but I just don't have the money. I just bought a new set of tires and that otto fstb, so I am pretty much tapped out. I would hold on to them until you got the rest of the money together you needed but, if you need some quick cash, I am sure someone in the forum would buy them off of you.
  7. byrdman164
    11-01-2009 02:02 PM
    Yeah ill keep you updated. Unfortunately I came across a financial burden and may have to sell the spacers to get back on track. There's no point in installing them without spark plugs and I can't afford them at this point. So it looks like I'm gonna have to part with them for now. Ill probably end up buying them again later when I have the money to commit to them. If you're interested lemme know maybe we can work something out. They're still in the original box, peanuts and all. Only opened the box to take out the VIAS plate. Lemme know though cuz I know you had other plans on deck.
  8. Rhyno02
    10-28-2009 08:40 PM
    ok cool, you def. gotta keep me updated. Sorry to hear about your glasses, I know they can be effing expensive. hehe. The spacers are def. on my "to-do-list", i think i am gonna get my bodywork and suspension squared away first. Money's really the biggest issue, but I have to decide what spring to go with h&r,h-tech or progress...too many choices. I do have an Otto FSTB on the way tho, so that's cool. My only "power adder" right now is my GAB, i used the coat-hanger method, oddly enough it sounds pretty good 2500+...I don't if there are any true power gains tho...
  9. byrdman164
    10-28-2009 05:17 PM
    Unfortunately, I haven't installed my spacers yet! I ended up breaking my glasses (I know, lame) and had to put the money towards them before I could get the plugs and it sucks. I did however manage to put the VIAS plate in. Really not hard to do at all! I literally pulled in my driveway from work, popped the hood and did it. Took me about 11 minutes not even joking. At first I didn't notice a drop in low end but it's becoming more evident now. Also, I saw the top end had some gain. The intake (I have an Injen) screams above 6000 rpms. It definitely makes a difference though. Unfortunately I saw a decrease in fuel economy so I might take it out for the winter, since I'm not beating on the car as much, haven't decided yet. But for the price of the plate, you really can't go wrong! Besides, they're always in demand and if you're not happy with it you can always sell it, it's a win win.
  10. Rhyno02
    10-26-2009 10:10 PM
    Hey, I've been meaning to ask, did you notice and difference with the nwp space and the plate?