Conversation Between 6spd_Hayes and I35Junkie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 6spd_Hayes
    03-03-2012 09:18 PM
    Hey Les, sorry I didn't reply to the message... sent 2 years ago!! I have been away from Maxima.org since July of 2007. Guess I had a case of burnout or something. I'm working on building a new motor right now. My old motor is at 140k and still kicking strong. I've never had any trouble with the gas I get at Sams but in the last 4 or 5 months, I've been strickly buying ethanol-free gas at a local gas station near my house. Seems like the car runs better and gets better gas mileage. Our cars are not set up to run the ethanol laden fuels that everyone is selling these days. The stuttering could also be from a clogged fuel filter. I know Nissan says the fuel filters are non servicable items, but I am going to tru to undertake that little project soon. I have already bought a replacement from RockAuto.com. The problem is that the fuel filter is inside the gas tank. Should be an interesting little project. I don't know if you get out much with your car but there is a new North Alabama Nissan Owners group that has gotten started. We have a dinner/meet every third Friday of each month. Let me know if you are interested in it and I will send you a Facebook invite to the group. Well, hope your car is running good. Later! Elon
  2. I35Junkie
    03-08-2010 08:02 PM
    Hey Elon, it was good to see you the other day @ Sam's. Have you had any problems since you got gas there? Tonight, about half way through my tank, the car started hesitating. I was able to get it cranked and took it straight to Diehl for them to look at in the morning. On the way there, I could get to 65mph @ 2K rpm and if I tried to give it gas and jump the tach to 2.5K it would studder pretty bad. I'm guessing that it could be 3 things. 1. bad gas. 2. fuel line clogged. or 3. fuel pump going out. Car has less than 57K miles.

What do you think? I'll let you know what Ricky and the shop have to say.

Later, Les