Conversation Between MAXIMA_STYLE and smokedouttkilla
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. MAXIMA_STYLE
    09-22-2012 07:48 AM
    Change the speed sensor, i had a 95 automatic before my current 99 and i had to change the sensor out, its on top of the transmission easy as pie to change, if i remember correctly it cost me 29 bucks at advanced auto parts for the automatic sensor... after unbolting twist and pull at the same time then put the new one in... my rpms and mileage started working again after that and my car shifted alot smoother and ran better...the speed sensor sends signals to the tcm/ecm telling it when to shift and all that stuff itll affect the way the car drives alot
  2. smokedouttkilla
    09-22-2012 07:44 AM
    hey wussup man i have a question that i think you might know the answer to. i have a 95 maxima with 3.0 the tachometer doesnt really work, nor does the mileage ever go up.. i seen a form where you told someone it was a speed sensor.. sounds like it could b right but i just wanted to check over with you and make sure thats my best option.. another thing its been doing lately is sometimes it starts right up and others i have to hold the key for awhile.. i seafoamed it, cleaned the maf, checked the coils and plugs.. but nothing seems to make a difference.. ima try the fuel filter but lmk if you can think of anything else.. last but not least when im in drive and barely rolling its kinda jerky.. idk if that iac or what but im interested in what you think