Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Dealership and Vendor Experiences (https://maxima.org/forums/dealership-vendor-experiences-9/)
-   -   I think I've just been ripped off (https://maxima.org/forums/dealership-vendor-experiences/107558-i-think-ive-just-been-ripped-off.html)

Kevin 08-19-2002 11:30 AM

Nm

please remove message

Jeff92se 08-19-2002 11:35 AM

Ah who is it?

Mr. Nismo 08-19-2002 11:35 AM

Re: I think I've just been ripped off

Originally posted by Kevin
I've sent a money order to someone. Turns out this guy is shady. what aer my options?
Oh no!!! Who is it?? I hope it wasn't alot of $$$$$. Did you check for references?

Kevin 08-19-2002 11:47 AM

Maximus1000 AKA Ed Camden

EDIT: and yes it's a LOT of money.

phenryiv1 08-19-2002 11:56 AM

Give me his mailing address ASAP.

Edit: According top the ad that I THINK that you replied to, he lives in Florence, AL. There are no records for any "Camden"s as of the last telephone directory update.

If you give me the address to where you sent the money order, that would help. Also, what KIND of money order (postal, amex, etc.) did you use to pay? Did you send it certified mail? Regular mail?

Stephen Max 08-19-2002 12:02 PM

There has got to be a way to get a third party involved that could ensure fair exchange of money and goods.

I'm intending to eventually go supercharged, and it is tempting to pick up a good used SC off the org, but sending someone a check for ~$2500 leaves a pretty big matzoh ball hanging in the breeze.

dmontzsta 08-19-2002 12:09 PM

That sucks! It is very shady of people to rip someone off over the internet, especially knowing there are no laws against it. I guess people just dont care anymore. The way I look at it when I am selling things, is I want to be as prompt as possible because that is how I would want it if I were the buyer. It comes down to that old saying "treat people like you would want to be treated"

Mr. Nismo 08-19-2002 12:12 PM

That really blows!!! Looks like someone should go down and pay him a little visit. :king:

Keving post up his addy just incase someone decides to go out for a drive! ;)

phenryiv1 08-19-2002 12:20 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
That sucks! It is very shady of people to rip someone off over the internet, especially knowing there are no laws against it.
There are laws against it. It is mail fraud, to begin with, and is under the jurisdiction of the FBI, postal service, National White Collar Crime Commission, and a new joint venture called the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, which sends local authorities to investigate multi-jurisdictional fraud activities committed over the internet. Clinton also signed a law making an email signature as binding as an ink signature for purposes of internet commerce. Few know about it, and fewer still know how to use it. I do.

meccanoble 08-19-2002 12:29 PM

OMG!!! I would like to give a BIG F U TO ALL THE HOMO F*CKS OUT THERE THAT ARE TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF! if your product sucks, atleast send it but please do not send nothing at all, that's just down right horrible....i swear if i ever get jipped out of my money, i promise u one way or another, the guy is gonna pay for real! OH and thanks for stopping me from sending money another way...no more cash, MO and checks

either paypal or nothing at all for me

Jeff92se 08-19-2002 12:32 PM

You guys are sure quick to lynch people when the poster only said " I think I got ripped off".

Let's try to get to the bottom of things first before bringing out the mob.

phenryiv1 08-19-2002 12:41 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
You guys are sure quick to lynch people when the poster only said " I think I got ripped off".

Let's try to get to the bottom of things first before bringing out the mob.

Hey, I just wanted his address for legitimate, legal avenues of exploration of Kevin's options...

The lynchmob come later. I do know of more than once where rims and tires were swapped for a set of brand new cinderblocks by other forum members local to the "seller/stealer" when money was sent and no rims and tires were received...

SWEETSOUND2001 08-19-2002 01:28 PM

Did you buy his wheels or something? Should have bought from me :o

Jer 08-19-2002 01:31 PM

I have his address, and I've had serious issues with him, but I'm sorry I will not give it out - there are more reasonable methods to pursue this, and if in the end somebody wants to smash his head in, it should be nobody but the person whom he is owing too.

On the other hand, if you scam more than one person consecutively, you DO deserve to get your skull smashed in... lol..

Good luck...

Originally posted by phenryiv1

Hey, I just wanted his address for legitimate, legal avenues of exploration of Kevin's options...

The lynchmob come later. I do know of more than once where rims and tires were swapped for a set of brand new cinderblocks by other forum members local to the "seller/stealer" when money was sent and no rims and tires were received...

phenryiv1 08-19-2002 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Jer
I have his address, and I've had serious issues with him, but I'm sorry I will not give it out - there are more reasonable methods to pursue this, and if in the end somebody wants to smash his head in, it should be nobody but the person whom he is owing too.

On the other hand, if you scam more than one person consecutively, you DO deserve to get your skull smashed in... lol..

Good luck...

With the story above, I was just relaying a (funny) anecdote. I live WAY too far away to do anything, nor would I advocate it, especially not until all legal methods of recourse have been explored. Any information related to this will be used SOLELY to legally get kevin hiis rims/tires or his $ back. You can PM or email it to me and I will see what i can do. A few well-placed calls (legal- again I stress- legal) can do ao lot to get a guy to live up to his obligations.

NickStam 08-19-2002 01:42 PM

Does he even post on here, I don't see a member profile.

Kevin 08-19-2002 01:48 PM

With the story above, I was just relaying a (funny) anecdote. I live WAY too far away to do anything, nor would I advocate it, especially not until all legal methods of recourse have been explored. Any information related to this will be used SOLELY to legally get kevin hiis rims/tires or his $ back. You can PM or email it to me and I will see what i can do. A few well-placed calls (legal- again I stress- legal) can do ao lot to get a guy to live up to his obligations.

Sent you an email,

But look below, I just got a call from him

Jer 08-19-2002 01:52 PM

FYI : try the FBI fraud dept.

Just to make sure though : how long have you not heard from him?

Thanks man,

Just sent you an email with the info. I'm really feelign liek crap right now. I hopethat I can get the money back.

KEvin

Kevin 08-19-2002 01:59 PM

UPDATE: Just receved a call from Him. He says he shipped the rims today and will provide me a tracking number tommorow. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Kevin

phenryiv1 08-19-2002 02:01 PM

Jer-
When you say that you have

had serious issues with him Originally posted by Jer
what did you mean by that? Can you elaborate at all?

Jeff92se 08-19-2002 02:11 PM

That's sorta odd. If he shipped the rims, why couldn't he provide a tracking # on the spot?

UPDATE: Just receved a call from Him. He says he shipped the rims today and will provide me a tracking number tommorow. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Kevin

Kevin 08-19-2002 02:16 PM

Jer-
When you say that you havewhat did you mean by that? Can you elaborate at all?

Here's the story,

This guys has sold wheels to a few other folks on the Org including the moderator TimW. All those transactions seem to have gone fine. However, I hadn't heard from Ed in about 4 days after he recieved my money and I was starting to get nervous so I asked around on the 5th Gen forum. Jer told me that he and another member had sent money and not received anything from Ed for months. No emails, nor returned pm's no phone calls, nothing! Jer ended up getting close to getting hte FBI/fraud dept involved and finally got a response. The other member was owed $1400 :eek: So I was like sh*t I've just been ripped off cuz I never heard from him after he got my money. I'm still nervous and will be until I get the tracking number tommorow. Ed seems like a nice guy so I hope he's true to his word. I will let everyone know how it goes tommorow.

Kevin

Remington 08-19-2002 02:17 PM

Kevin,

Did you decide not to sell me the front bumper?

Kevin 08-19-2002 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Remington
Kevin,

Did you decide not to sell me the front bumper?

gotta get you pictures of the holes before, jsut so that you see what you're getting.

Vyrus 08-19-2002 02:23 PM

I've bought from him before. He takes a little time to ship things, but he's honest as far as I'm concerned. I got the item about a week after he recieved my payment, but none the less I got it. Never got the instruction manual he said he was mailing me though... :wall:
-Cyrus

Mr. Nismo 08-19-2002 02:25 PM

You guys should only buy your wheels and tires from trusted members!!! For Example: Me and Sweetsound. :D

We may not be the least expensive but you get what you pay for. ;)

Rgamfn1 08-19-2002 02:33 PM

If you feel you are/have been ripped off check the back of your money order, there is a way, for $25 usually, to cancel the money order.

TellschMax02 08-19-2002 03:12 PM

You guys should really use www.escrow.com

It is the only way to feel safe about large transactions. It worked for me when I bought my Volks.

Brian

Mr. Nismo 08-19-2002 03:37 PM

Originally posted by TellschMax02
You guys should really use www.escrow.com

It is the only way to feel safe about large transactions. It worked for me when I bought my Volks.

Brian

Not necessarily Brian. There are some really trusted members on the org. We should somehow have a list of all the trusted members!

Kevin 08-19-2002 04:54 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Nismo
You guys should only buy your wheels and tires from trusted members!!! For Example: Me and Sweetsound. :D

We may not be the least expensive but you get what you pay for. ;)

Lesson learned :bawling:

From the way this is going it looks like I probably won't be able to afford rims.

Remington 08-19-2002 07:12 PM

gotta get you pictures of the holes before, jsut so that you see what you're getting.

Gotcha. I just never got a response back from you. Good luck with the rims. BTW: What did you get? Some 2k's?

Kevin 08-19-2002 07:30 PM

Originally posted by Remington

Gotcha. I just never got a response back from you. Good luck with the rims. BTW: What did you get? Some 2k's?

well right now it looks like I got nothing except a lighter wallet :( ....I was trying to get the 2k2 SE's

meccanoble 08-19-2002 08:48 PM

well if u want to make your pocket a little heavier, sell me your driver side fog light for 60 shipped, i'll take ASAP if u willing to let it go, i know you'll find someone to buy the other side, too many passenger side accidents out there.

Kevin 08-19-2002 08:52 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble
well if u want to make your pocket a little heavier, sell me your driver side fog light for 60 shipped, i'll take ASAP if u willing to let it go, i know you'll find someone to buy the other side, too many passenger side accidents out there.
man you've been on my jock about that fog light. :D

Why not just take both from me? what am I gonna do with a big 'ol piece of glass I can't use?? ;)

JAY25 08-20-2002 04:21 AM

Ed Cadmen!!!I spoke to that guy over the phone before. I was suppose to buy some SSRS off him but he sold him to someone else. Are you sure hes not out of town. He owns a 5th gen 2k2, I pretty much doubt that he ripped you off. Ill try to dig up his number and see if I can call him.

96sleeper 08-20-2002 06:02 AM

I know Ed personally, we have gone to the track many times before together. He is not trying to rip you off, he is just a really busy person.

Kevin 08-20-2002 07:01 AM

Originally posted by 96sleeper
I know Ed personally, we have gone to the track many times before together. He is not trying to rip you off, he is just a really busy person.

I hope you're right, I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I still haven't received my tracking number from him yet. He told me he'd get it to me this morningm but no sign of it yet.

meccanoble 08-20-2002 08:16 AM

man you've been on my jock about that fog light. :D

Why not just take both from me? what am I gonna do with a big 'ol piece of glass I can't use?? ;)

u can keep it as a souvenir....i don't need both :( be a pal!!!

Kevin 08-20-2002 10:48 AM

UPDATE:

I was supposed to receive a tracking number this morning but still have not heard back from Ed. Anyone that knows him, can you please try to contact him
and let him know? I'm almost ready to file fraud charges but I am willing to give him one last chance.

Kevin

Vinipux 08-20-2002 11:16 AM

Originally posted by 96sleeper
the fact that he's busy is irrelevent, and if that is the situation then he should've informed the buyer about this ahead of time, so the buyer knows what he's getting into, communication must exist no matter what, buyer's sending him money, he needs to respect that