Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Dealership and Vendor Experiences (https://maxima.org/forums/dealership-vendor-experiences-9/)
-   -   anyone messed with carmax?? (https://maxima.org/forums/dealership-vendor-experiences/342496-anyone-messed-carmax.html)

SurraTT 02-17-2006 04:54 PM

anyone messed with carmax??

i was looking at maximas there it seemed to be resonable, anyone get their max fomr carmax???

96blackmaxSE 02-17-2006 09:20 PM

A kid that goes to my school bought his from there last year...his is a 1996 SE black fully loaded except his is an auto w/ 120K on it.

he paid 6,500....I say he got ***-raped for that price

I got mine from a private party...exact same immaculate condition -sunroof and -auto tranny w/ 150K for 3,900...which i think was a steal

elix 02-25-2006 02:37 PM

I can say this about carmax. I went up there with a friend once so she could test drive a vehicle she found online. So that means we stepped onto the lot knowing exactly what we wanted to test drive, and didn't need the full tour. But we got it. It was shoved down our throats. I don't think I'll go back. We were there for over 2 hours listening to crap about their reputation, filling out paperwork, getting her trade-in appraised. We aren't rude people, but I sure wish I was that day.

If you go, be prepared to spend some time there. And make sure you've had a good meal so you don't starve to death. When they ask you "Is this your first time here?" try saying "No"

CCS2k1Max 02-25-2006 06:34 PM

My biggest issue w/ carmax is that they treat trade in and purchases separately. What this means is that you pay taxes over trade in and then taxes over the full sale figure, not the difference between the two. You are better off selling privately and using the cash for the purcase.

y0_nate 03-10-2006 06:05 AM

i have been to carmax for a couple of vehicles ....... one for myself and a couple for friends...... and i will say they have pretty good deals...... and the cars for the most part are in GREAT condition....... the only thing is that when it comes to negotiating....... that flies out the window....... but other than that............ pretty good experiences

SurraTT 03-13-2006 05:55 AM

i might go up there, do they have finacing??

Quicks1lver 03-17-2006 01:00 AM

Well i have appraised my car there and i wasnt nearly happy with what they were giving me the car for. I dont know about buying because i never went there to buy a car.

ferrari4a 03-19-2006 10:51 PM

There is a carmax in kansas and in missouri (bordering kansas). My neighbor went there and bought a used Honda Civic. She returned the car three days later and they let her do it with no questions asked !! I have been thinking about "renting" the M3 parked there keeping the return policy in mind :)

On another note, one of my buddy used to work there in the repair side. He said, they are very maticulous about their cars. When they get a trade-in, they will do the best to make sure there is no item on the car that is outside of factory equipped (like rims, stereo and more). They will literally replace any custom item with factory or a look-a-like... they have high standards. However, when buying a car, be prepared for that "piece of mind"/satisfaction. Hence a bit higher prices...

confused1096 04-04-2006 11:28 PM

I've had several friends go to them, and every one was really disgusted with the offers for thier trade. These are all older people who have played the car dealership game before so it apparently wasn't the usual try to cheat you on the trade in routine.