Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Redlinemax.com?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 06:30 AM
KaZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Redlinemax.com?

I'm trying to be patient and understanding with Corey over at Redlinemax.com, but my patience is starting to run a little thin...

I ordered a Cattman/Progress Rear Sway-Bar and Clear Bumper Lights from Corey because he had the best price. I was "hoping" I'd get the parts by the following weekend. Order was placed early AM on 4/7/06. I was hoping I'd have the parts to install with the rest of the stuff I ordered over easter weekend.

I called on Tuesday (4/11) just to ask a status update, and Corey took my info, said he'd look into it and call me back... he didn't.

I called again on Thursday (4/13) again just to ask an update... I'm not expecting to the stuff to have arrived, or necessarily shipped, I just want to know, what's the status... i.e. "its ordered", or "I've placed the order, I'm waiting on confirmation", "it will be a week before it ships", something... I reach Corey again finally and give him all the info again. He says he tried to call me back and couldn't reach me (not true, I didn't have a missed call from him on my phone, or a voicemail, and I always have my phone on me) but he tells me he needs to change the order status to shipped from pending as the order has indeed shipped, he just has issues with his shipping notifications getting mixed up or "something". Somewhat understandable I think at the time.

Anyway, since then, I've emailed Corey a few times, simply asking again "Could I get a status update", not "where's my crap" or anything... I even sent him a PM here... no reply. Nothing. Order is still "Pending" on their website.

Am I assuming to much to get an honest status update on an order from a Forum Sponsor? I mean I understand how drop shipments and reselling works... he obviously doesn't stock the stuff, but can't he at least give an honest update on the status?

I guess I'll call again this afternoon and see whats going on.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:22 AM
SHIFT_OUTTA DA MAX

Sorry about the problems and miscommunication, as stated in most of our posts, we are in the middle of a complicated move. Our recent reoccurring problems with verizon, DHL, and cattman have set us back alot.

We do however value your loyalty, and patience through our complications and hope you continue to shop with us.

We have been doing everything in our power to maintain customer satisfaction. Give us a call today.

Thank you agin for your patience.

Chunie B. RedlineMx Rep.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:34 AM
KaZ

Originally Posted by Maximous
Sorry about the problems and miscommunication, as stated in most of our posts, we are in the middle of a complicated move. Our recent reoccurring problems with verizon, DHL, and cattman have set us back alot.

We do however value your loyalty, and patience through our complications and hope you continue to shop with us.

We have been doing everything in our power to maintain customer satisfaction. Give us a call today.

Thank you agin for your patience.

Chunie B. RedlineMx Rep.
Will do, thanks for the reply
Old 04-24-2006, 03:28 PM

im gonna have to agree with the customer service complaint. i called up after 2 months of ordering my carbon fiber hood and when i got ahold of somebody they said to email them and they'd respond in the morning or call me back. i emailed, didnt recieve a reply or a call.
i dont have a problem with waiting for a designated length of time, but once i'm being told i'll be contacted, and im not, that really gets to me. why should i have to check up on an item that i've already paid for 2 months ago?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:57 AM
SHIFT_OUTTA DA MAX

Originally Posted by chillin014
im gonna have to agree with the customer service complaint. i called up after 2 months of ordering my carbon fiber hood and when i got ahold of somebody they said to email them and they'd respond in the morning or call me back. i emailed, didnt recieve a reply or a call.
i dont have a problem with waiting for a designated length of time, but once i'm being told i'll be contacted, and im not, that really gets to me. why should i have to check up on an item that i've already paid for 2 months ago?
I believe i spoke with you this morning and the problem was with the manufacturer, and we have come to an agreement...
Old 04-25-2006, 12:09 PM

I believe i spoke with you this morning and the problem was with the manufacturer, and we have come to an agreement...
No sir you did not speak to me this morning. I haven't spoken with anyone from redline since I called and was told I would be emailed but wasn't.
But while I'm at it, do you think you could check the status of my order?
Chris hill is the name.
Ordered a carbon fiber hood to be shipped to
P.o. Box 720729
Houston texas 77272
Old 04-25-2006, 12:12 PM
KaZ

I personally spoke with you yesterday, and emailed you as requested, but I also still haven't received a reply to my emails.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Hmm signin into this one..
Old 04-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Bacon Lover

Ha...I was supposed to get a call back yesterday AND an email. Never got either.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:05 PM
大陆弟弟

I ordered a Progress rear sway bar, waited two weeks, made 5 calls and either got a we'll call back, and never did, or through the forum I got please call us. Finally, I bi*ched on here, and Maximous (spl?) told me to call at a specific time (called twice before and told refund being processed). Called again and got my refund, can't ask for a better result given no product.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Bacon Lover

I called earlier and basically got a run around saying they were attempting to get in touch with Warpspeed, but never called me back or left me an email telling me any progress, positive or negative. Even if it's negative, TELL US SOMETHING! LET US KNOW!

I'm hoping chillin014 will chime in with his experiences earlier today as well.

I hope they're still reading all this...
Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Patrick, Maximous(Chunie) told you that We were out of the office Dynoing a car we just worked on and he would email Dallas when we got back. He told you he would call you when we recieved info. I was standing next to him when you called all 3 times. We did not get back to the shop untill late, and he did as he had told you. He sent Dallas as he said an email. In the morning we will call them if we do not get an email back from them AND CONTACT YOU. We are finally getting settled in and are back to handling things more efficiently.

On the phone you said you understood the issue however On here you posted differently.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:59 PM
SHIFT_OUTTA DA MAX

yes i can only tell you what they tell me, i have been following through on all the orders but we are doing what we can, i beg for your patience and speak of the truth when you all call, but i'de rather not lie, but instead tell you exactly what i know. I have been all over these distributors tthe last 3 weeks, and that hasnt changed. I understand where you guys are coming from see as how i am also a consumer, but believe me when i say i want nothing but for you to have a good experience.

We @ RedlineMax cannot survive without you all, the ORG. as well as all customers are valued customers, and we aim to please, and i re-assure you i have been staying on-top of the situations.

Sorry again,
Chunie
Old 04-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by Redmax
On the phone you said you understood the issue however On here you posted differently.
On the phone I understood that I was to get a call back and an email. Even just an email saying, "Sorry, we didn't get through, we'll continue to try and contact them tommorrow" would be nice. That's all I ask.
Sorry again,
Chunie
Alright, alright. We get it. It's just a little annoying that it's now been almost 2 months since I ordered my y-pipe, and now I won't have it for shows and track days I have the next couple weekends.

I just want my stuff
Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 PM
SHIFT_OUTTA DA MAX

Originally Posted by Tatanko
On the phone I understood that I was to get a call back and an email. Even just an email saying, "Sorry, we didn't get through, we'll continue to try and contact them tommorrow" would be nice. That's all I ask.

Alright, alright. We get it. It's just a little annoying that it's now been almost 2 months since I ordered my y-pipe, and now I won't have it for shows and track days I have the next couple weekends.

I just want my stuff
i can understand that, and believe me I am doing what i can, i promise
Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Bacon Lover

So...it's a day later. Still no word?
Old 04-27-2006, 12:13 PM

I ordered a microvision dvd player earlier this month from you guys and have not recieved it yet. I thought they were always "in stock". But just let me know what the status is on my order. My name is Johnson Chea
Old 04-27-2006, 12:22 PM
KaZ

I received two emails yesterday, and 1 tracking number. Half my order has been delivered and Chunie has promised the second tracking number (well he said I'd receive another email with it yesterday, but still have not).

They are making progress, and I appreciate the effort... 1 of 2 items was delivered today (according to tracking info), but its the less costly of the two items (about 20% of the value of my order). Thanks for the update Chunie. Please send the second tracking number when it becomes available.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Bacon Lover

Was on the phone with Chunie earlier today. He seems to be on top of things. No official word on much, but he's trying.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Bacon Lover

Guess who got a tracking number
Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned

meh, it took like 2 months plus for me to get my brake pads from redline , last summer....

why dont they seem to improve yet??
Its odd...like they dont care or something
Just why in the world does it take sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to ship things out and for the customer to receive the paid for product?
and dont give me that crap about the manufacturer issues.....
you shouldnt have it for sale if you dont have it in stock.....but thats just me
all these phone calls and emails are totally unnecessary.....
makes me trust ebay more....hehe

w/e

everyone, ur products will EVENTUALLY arrive, but you gotta wait a hell of a long time
Old 05-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Redmax
Patrick, Maximous(Chunie) told you that We were out of the office Dynoing a car we just worked on and he would email Dallas when we got back. He told you he would call you when we recieved info. I was standing next to him when you called all 3 times. We did not get back to the shop untill late, and he did as he had told you. He sent Dallas as he said an email. In the morning we will call them if we do not get an email back from them AND CONTACT YOU. We are finally getting settled in and are back to handling things more efficiently.

That is definately the way NOT to earn prospective business.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Bacon Lover

Old 05-06-2006, 12:39 PM
wat

Glad to see it worked out. That was getting a little rediculous for wait time.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by BlueC
Glad to see it worked out. That was getting a little rediculous for wait time.
it worked out for 2 people...theres still guys waiting on their hoods TO BE BUILT
Old 05-18-2006, 04:20 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by goldtooth
you shouldnt have it for sale if you dont have it in stock.....
I'm not going to get in the middle of anything here, but I just wanted to let you know that MOST distributors (particularly for low-volume Maxima parts) do not keep things "in stock." That's not the way it works for Redline, CustomEnterprise, or most other companies. To keep several of EVERY product (springs, struts, hoods, kits, ICE, etc) in stock would require hundreds of thousands of dollars in up-front capital - and that is asking alot considering most Maxima parts distributors sell in VERY low volume and don't have that kind of money around.

maybe a company selling Ford Mustang parts will - because they might sell 50 intakes each week, or 50 sets of springs....but in the Maxima community, it's more like ONE intake or ONE set of springs each week.

Distributors place the orders with the manufacturors (cattman, stillen, warpspeed, eibach, etc) and then are at the mercy of THOSE manufacturors to ship the product out to the person who ordered it. It's called a "drop-ship" and it's the way that 90% of the automotive aftermarket parts business works.

Just be patient. With the shop move and new computer systems, Corey and Chunie are sometimes a bit disorganized and overwhelmed, but they are honest sellers and will come through for you and make it right in the end....just don't everyone get all upset about things - remember, there are limited amount of companies making Maxima stuff, and it's a good idea to be a little extra patient with them, otherwise they might just say "screw it" and move to a more profitable market like Honda Civics or Ford Mustangs and leave the org with one less place to get the parts we want.

remember, most of these companies (Redline, Frankencar, Cattman, etc) are "car guys" not sales clerks. They put alot of effort into designing and making products for the tiny maxima market, or securing deals from other manufacturers....even though they would all rather be "in the garage" working on cars, not shipping out TV screens
Old 05-18-2006, 04:31 PM

Your right and I took that all in to consideration. But I'm sure you'd start feeling a little uneasy after 2 months of no update and already having the money charged to your credit card.
But I see what your saying.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by chillin014
Your right and I took that all in to consideration. But I'm sure you'd start feeling a little uneasy after 2 months of no update and already having the money charged to your credit card.
But I see what your saying.
2 months of uncertainty is way too long for ANY type of business!! chillin014 you have every right to be pi**ed off!
I would never do repeat business with any company pulling this crap. Once they take your money They are responsible to keep you informed and otherwisw could be construed as fraud.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:52 PM
KaZ

Well Chunie has been quite good with answering his phone as of late... I've been told my current problem really lies with Cattman rather than Redline... Cattman had been delaying Redline's RSB orders (currently they have 22 bars on the way I've been told)... and now Cattman just listed a Group Buy last week for RSB before even having shipped Redline's bulk order, which annoyed Redline even more... Chunie swears my bar was drop shipped from Cattman but Cattman hadn't provided the DHL tracking number yet... I told Chunie last week I needed the bar IN MY HANDS, Friday the 26th of May at the latest, and if he couldn't guarantee it I'd need a refund... I'm heading to Texas for a week and I'll be participating in a track event, which is why I wanted the bar... if I don't receive it by Friday its of no use... =( I'm supposed to get an email with the tracking number asap from Chunie... but we'll see.

I'll update as the week goes on... Chunie has been very cooperative over the phone as of late when I've called.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:49 AM

I ordered a magnaflow cat converter from them 3 months ago still not cat called them back for a refund still haven't got that etheir.It cost me $130
Old 05-23-2006, 02:01 PM

I don't get how you guys put up with a wait that is in the months. Its like you are on a waiting list for a kidney.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm within 5 miles of them a couldn't get my ordered filled. It's only fair that people know what could happen if they place an order. It's one thing to be a nice guy, but face it....we're not using monopoly money, this is our hard erarned cash and we expect to get what we paid for in a timely fashion. How about sending me an item and I'll take 3 months to pay you without any notice, phone call, replies to emails or nothing.
Good Luck in working out bugs. I'm sure we all would like to support a ORG brother, but customer service is the most important part of a business if you plan to say in business.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:54 PM

Does anyone have the phone number to contact them ia m still waiting on the lcd monitor i ordered over 3 weeks ago
Old 05-24-2006, 05:13 AM
Honda Convert!

Not to get in the middle of this converstation, but I would like all of you to know that there is a national shortage of Carbon Fiber, due to the increase of DoD contrators manufactuing equipment for the support of the Global war on terrorism. I work at the Johns Hopkins Universsity Applied physics lab and we have a hard time getting carbon fiber for our projects here. So if it takes a while for the manufactures to build your hoods, that is a pretty good reason why. One other reason is due to cardon fiber hoods and other parts being in such a high demand due to its popularity. Now I am by no means trying to excuse the long wait, just trying to say place the blame on the correct comapny, not redline but the manufacturing company.

Bruce
Old 05-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Not for rookies!!

My issue with them is not related to the item delay itself. It is in their lack of professionalism...they make promises and simply don't deliver. I understand about delays and back orders, what I don't understand or appreciate is the lack of communication, especially when I already paid my money and was given a ship date more than two months before the item actually arrived.
Is an accurate status update too much to ask for?

I’d be very interested to see how they would do in a customer satisfaction survey.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:09 AM
KaZ

Originally Posted by fade
Does anyone have the phone number to contact them ia m still waiting on the lcd monitor i ordered over 3 weeks ago
Click the forum sponsor link at the top of the site... their number is at the top right of the main page of the website.

Originally Posted by UnMaTcHeD
My issue with them is not related to the item delay itself. It is in their lack of professionalism...they make promises and simply don't deliver. I understand about delays and back orders, what I don't understand or appreciate is the lack of communication, especially when I already paid my money and was given a ship date more than two months before the item actually arrived.
Is an accurate status update too much to ask for?

I’d be very interested to see how they would do in a customer satisfaction survey.
I'm definitely with that... to be completely honest NO VENDOR should ever charge you for a part until it ships... now granted, Paypal is a completely different animal, but they should possibly refund payment if they can't ship a part in a timely fashion (7 days maximum). I'm about to call for my tracking number that I didn't get as promised yesterday... we'll see what answer I get today.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Honda Convert!

Originally Posted by KaZ
Click the forum sponsor link at the top of the site... their number is at the top right of the main page of the website.

I'm definitely with that... to be completely honest NO VENDOR should ever charge you for a part until it ships... now granted, Paypal is a completely different animal, but they should possibly refund payment if they can't ship a part in a timely fashion (7 days maximum). I'm about to call for my tracking number that I didn't get as promised yesterday... we'll see what answer I get today.
I just want to say that 7 days is a very short ammount of time. and somewhat outlandish. I ordered 300zx calipers from autozone 5 weeks ago and every week it was one excuse after another as to why I did not have them. And that was for a part so easy for a huge company like autozone to get. So why did it take 5 weeks. And you complain about a speical made part that is only made for our cars specificly by a manufacturer that gets 100 times more revenue from sales of honda and acura parts, you think they are goign to put everything on hold for your hood, or your UDP etc....No they are going to make them and ship them our when they get a chance and once other larger orders are processed. I had to wait for 5 weeks for a part that they had in stock and all they had to do was rebuild it and ship it so please try not to become to frustrated at redline for time of delievery because we are reliant on other companies to build and ship the parts to you. If customer service is the problem then I will speak with the other accociates at redline as well as Corey and we will discuss ways to right this situation. I cant promise you overnight service on parts that dose not seem very fesable in this situation but I will say that we will continue to provide you with the parts you need at a great price. And know that we do appreciate your honesty and value you as our customers. We will take your comments and suggestions and attempt to change the turn around time. But this process will not happen over night.

Bruce
Old 05-24-2006, 11:44 AM
KaZ

Originally Posted by papasmurf
I just want to say that 7 days is a very short ammount of time. and somewhat outlandish. I ordered 300zx calipers from autozone 5 weeks ago and every week it was one excuse after another as to why I did not have them. And that was for a part so easy for a huge company like autozone to get. So why did it take 5 weeks. And you complain about a speical made part that is only made for our cars specificly by a manufacturer that gets 100 times more revenue from sales of honda and acura parts, you think they are goign to put everything on hold for your hood, or your UDP etc....No they are going to make them and ship them our when they get a chance and once other larger orders are processed. I had to wait for 5 weeks for a part that they had in stock and all they had to do was rebuild it and ship it so please try not to become to frustrated at redline for time of delievery because we are reliant on other companies to build and ship the parts to you. If customer service is the problem then I will speak with the other accociates at redline as well as Corey and we will discuss ways to right this situation. I cant promise you overnight service on parts that dose not seem very fesable in this situation but I will say that we will continue to provide you with the parts you need at a great price. And know that we do appreciate your honesty and value you as our customers. We will take your comments and suggestions and attempt to change the turn around time. But this process will not happen over night.

Bruce
I'm fairly certain you weren't directing your reply directly at me, just the post in general based on your examples, and most of your points are quite valid, especially in reference to custom parts... some more than others...

In reference to the time frame; it may indeed be somewhat unrealistic depending on the item, but most of the vendors I deal with on a regular basis have no problems shipping product in a few days... not weeks... even when DROP SHIPPED... granted they aren't nearly as custom as a "carbon fiber hood", or other such custom items, but still...

I think the biggest issue people have with is lack of communication, and a LOT of false promises... I personally was told I'd have the tracking number for my RSB a day or two after my other parts shipped around the middle of April... didn't receive anything... not even an update. I had to call and talk with Chunie multiple times, and still never received calls or emails back when I was told I would receive them. Almost every time I had to call Redline back directly (some times I had to call multiple times, as no one was answering the phone) only to be given some excuses (albeit sometimes valid) and no more updates... I was TOLD and REASSURED the part shipped LAST WEEK. And yet the last time I called to get an update, they said it "should" have shipped Monday or Tuesday, and they would get me my tracking number in an hour... that was YESTERDAY at 2pm. I'm still awaiting a call... and its not that I missed it. The number they have is my cellular, and I have it on me pretty much at all times... I was also told in the past that they "had" tried to call a few times when I first started calling asking for updates... which they had not... unless they were calling an incorrect number. And I'm still waiting on an update. I told Chunie I had to have the bar BY FRIDAY May 26th... which is over a MONTH AND A HALF since I ordered it, which was on April 7th... and yet they have continually reassured me I'd have it! If they knew I wouldn't get it in time possibly, they should have just said so, thanked me for my business and offered to REFUND my money.

I'm understanding of the situation in general... the company is going through some changes; management, ownership, location, vendors, etc... but still... taking peoples money, and not providing the purchased items could be viewed as THEFT, depending on the situation. I am not making this accusation, I'm just simply stating it could be viewed that way... especially the guys who paid MONTHS ago for something and have received no word on their parts!

I've tried to be patient, and understanding... but this is really starting to get a bit ridiculous... =(
Old 05-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Honda Convert!

Originally Posted by KaZ
I'm fairly certain you weren't directing your reply directly at me, just the post in general based on your examples, and most of your points are quite valid, especially in reference to custom parts... some more than others...

In reference to the time frame; it may indeed be somewhat unrealistic depending on the item, but most of the vendors I deal with on a regular basis have no problems shipping product in a few days... not weeks... even when DROP SHIPPED... granted they aren't nearly as custom as a "carbon fiber hood", or other such custom items, but still...

I think the biggest issue people have with is lack of communication, and a LOT of false promises... I personally was told I'd have the tracking number for my RSB a day or two after my other parts shipped around the middle of April... didn't receive anything... not even an update. I had to call and talk with Chunie multiple times, and still never received calls or emails back when I was told I would receive them. Almost every time I had to call Redline back directly (some times I had to call multiple times, as no one was answering the phone) only to be given some excuses (albeit sometimes valid) and no more updates... I was TOLD and REASSURED the part shipped LAST WEEK. And yet the last time I called to get an update, they said it "should" have shipped Monday or Tuesday, and they would get me my tracking number in an hour... that was YESTERDAY at 2pm. I'm still awaiting a call... and its not that I missed it. The number they have is my cellular, and I have it on me pretty much at all times... I was also told in the past that they "had" tried to call a few times when I first started calling asking for updates... which they had not... unless they were calling an incorrect number. And I'm still waiting on an update. I told Chunie I had to have the bar BY FRIDAY May 26th... which is over a MONTH AND A HALF since I ordered it, which was on April 7th... and yet they have continually reassured me I'd have it! If they knew I wouldn't get it in time possibly, they should have just said so, thanked me for my business and offered to REFUND my money.

I'm understanding of the situation in general... the company is going through some changes; management, ownership, location, vendors, etc... but still... taking peoples money, and not providing the purchased items could be viewed as THEFT, depending on the situation. I am not making this accusation, I'm just simply stating it could be viewed that way... especially the guys who paid MONTHS ago for something and have received no word on their parts!

I've tried to be patient, and understanding... but this is really starting to get a bit ridiculous... =(
No I was not directing that response at you just merely in general. I totaly understand your situation and I would like to help you out if I can. I am going to PM you with my cell number and I want you to call me around 6pm tonight I will be at the shop and I will speak with corey and see if we can get you some real resoulution on this situation. If there ar eanyother problems please let me know and I would be glad to help you out as best as I can..

Bruce
Old 05-24-2006, 12:21 PM
KaZ

Originally Posted by papasmurf
No I was not directing that response at you just merely in general. I totaly understand your situation and I would like to help you out if I can. I am going to PM you with my cell number and I want you to call me around 6pm tonight I will be at the shop and I will speak with corey and see if we can get you some real resoulution on this situation. If there ar eanyother problems please let me know and I would be glad to help you out as best as I can..

Bruce
k...

I'm on hold with Chunie actually... attempting to get an update. And I knew you weren't directing it at me, and I knew my situation was a little more understanding, but things have been quite frustrating overall... but I will call you this evening if I am unable to get an update from Chunie.