Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Damn Stealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:31 PM

Damn Stealership

Thursday I went to my local nissan dealership with a friend to check out some maximas.....i told the salesperson exactly how i wanted it and he checked the inventory and there was a couple i saw a smoke with black leather interrior, drivers preferred package, power sunroof, and of course the leather it was an SL trim......with dealer fees, extended warranty, lo-jack, all the extras came out to be around 35000....supposedly it was brand new 0 miles because it was in the showroom.....so ok we sit down sign some papers....i drive out the dealer all happy.....as i approach my home i notice the mileage......250 i was like wtf.....but since it was the only one they had with a nice color and all the options i wanted i was like well 250 miles is still pretty knew.....that night when i was going to my families house....i started going over 50mph on the highway i notice the steering wheel was shaking a lot....and when i turned on the lights my dash would turn off and the gauges so it would be all dark but the screen....i read the manual found the switch for the lights of the gauges and all that but nothing.....another thing that was wrong with it....so i decided to go back to the dealer.....the manager didn't want to change it for another one....but my mom (being the cuban she is) started bit**ing at the manager until he finally said fine pick another one so i found one with the same options but white instead of smoke i decided to settle for it.....and when we did all the paperwork again....the manager tells me ur payment is going to go up about 10 bux a month im like why? and the fu**er had the nerve to tell me because we discounted from the other one for the miles it had....i was like u never told me it had so many miles i found out once i got home and i decided to let it slide but then all the other problems i wasnt just going to let them slide......my first time buying a new car so thats why i didn't check all these litle problems before i signed the papers now i know for the next time....so u guys dont make the same mistakes i did always fully inspection the car unless u have a cuban mother
Old 06-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

holy crap...that looks like a ....post by....po8pimp....
Old 06-18-2006, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by DRod
holy crap...that looks like a ....post by....po3pimp....
lol that's po8pimp.....
Old 06-18-2006, 10:46 PM

how the hell are you able to affoard a 35k car at age 18? Also to answer you question, dont you people that buy new cars drive the one your going to buy?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:48 PM

yes..... he said it was his first car..... and maybe he's a pimp..... nothin wrong with bein a pimp.....
Old 06-18-2006, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
lol that's po8pimp.....
That's what I meant.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:12 AM

and i can afford a 35K car at age 18 because i work and i saved up for the down payment and i really like the car so i went ahead and bought it and now i just pay the monthly payment and its all good
Old 06-19-2006, 04:36 AM
aka The Doom Ship

I could probably fill a page with my nightmare-ish experiences with Nissan dealerships. They're crooks, no matter where you live, from Maryland to Texas, I've been to several dealerships and they're crooks all the same.

I had a MUCH better experience at a Infiniti dealership.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:04 AM

Umm how could you have not seen the mileage before you drove off... They did not sit in the car and explain all the features to you? And just so you know no nissan on the face of the earth is going to have ZERO miles on it. When they are built they are driven onto trucks and offloaded to ports and storage lots, then the dealerships drive them in to be inspected even though they are new. You would be lucky to get one with less than 20 miles on it.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:23 AM
Banned

You'd be suprised what teens who work alot, save, and leve at home can afford to drive, heh heh.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 AM

35k? Dang, what is that fully loaded (w/ nav) MRSP? Did you try to get the price knocked down? I know you said that includes extended warranty, fees, etc. but that still seems high.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:44 AM

As someone who just bought my Maxima two weeks ago, this whole experience seems backwards... Hopefully next time, before you commit to over 30k in dept, you will be a little more cautious and actually inspect what it is you are buying. My dealershiip was a dream. They showed me every feature in the car and once they knew I was serious about purchasing it, they let me drive the car over the weekend. I checked it inside and out, expecially paying attention to the mileage on the sticker...I'm only a little older than you so we can't chock it up to age. Just be more careful next time.. please.

-Mary
Old 06-19-2006, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by n33d45p33d
Thursday I went to my local nissan dealership with a friend to check out some maximas.....i told the salesperson exactly how i wanted it and he checked the inventory and there was a couple i saw a smoke with black leather interrior, drivers preferred package, power sunroof, and of course the leather it was an SL trim......with dealer fees, extended warranty, lo-jack, all the extras came out to be around 35000....supposedly it was brand new 0 miles because it was in the showroom.....so ok we sit down sign some papers....i drive out the dealer all happy.....as i approach my home i notice the mileage......250 i was like wtf.....but since it was the only one they had with a nice color and all the options i wanted i was like well 250 miles is still pretty knew.....that night when i was going to my families house....i started going over 50mph on the highway i notice the steering wheel was shaking a lot....and when i turned on the lights my dash would turn off and the gauges so it would be all dark but the screen....i read the manual found the switch for the lights of the gauges and all that but nothing.....another thing that was wrong with it....so i decided to go back to the dealer.....the manager didn't want to change it for another one....but my mom (being the cuban she is) started bit**ing at the manager until he finally said fine pick another one so i found one with the same options but white instead of smoke i decided to settle for it.....and when we did all the paperwork again....the manager tells me ur payment is going to go up about 10 bux a month im like why? and the fu**er had the nerve to tell me because we discounted from the other one for the miles it had....i was like u never told me it had so many miles i found out once i got home and i decided to let it slide but then all the other problems i wasnt just going to let them slide......my first time buying a new car so thats why i didn't check all these litle problems before i signed the papers now i know for the next time....so u guys dont make the same mistakes i did always fully inspection the car unless u have a cuban mother

Please set aside funds for a new keyboard. Your "." key seems to stick frequently. The Shift key on your keyboard rarely seems to work either.

Perhaps dedicating some time to attend high school and a remedial english class would be appropriate too. Honestly your post is very difficult to read the way it is. Surely you can do better than that?

CM
Old 06-19-2006, 06:29 AM

i thought i had a great experience with my dealership. although now they're proving to be ****** sending me back and forth everytime i call. but anyways, i didnt get to drive the one i bought until after the papers were signed cause it was at a storage lot. they did let me drive another SL with less options though, and i decided i wanted it. mine came to me with 15 miles on it only
Old 06-19-2006, 07:22 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by Hotnikks
You would be lucky to get one with less than 20 miles on it.
I picked mine up with 7 miles on. Brand spankin' new

35K very high price. I got mine in 2004 silver with black leather (sticker price 33.1) with all the options except NAVI (which I find very basic now, my brother has it on his) for 26.8K. I paid $850 for Lo_Jack and $800 for bumper to bumper 75K miles warranty, registration was little over $100 and there was like $270 processing fee or something.

Overall Little less than 29K (The navigation was extra $1900 if thats what you have.

Still, $35K is a bit high but then again, if you can afford it and you like the car WHY NOT. DUDE, enjoy the CAR
Old 06-19-2006, 07:37 AM

remember i got the SL.....the SL starts off at a litle over 30,000....the SE starts off at a litle over 27,000....this one also has the bluetooth, the drivers preferred package and the power sunroof...all that adds up....the extended warranty was 1700.....2,000 just in taxes....599 dealer fee.....
Old 06-19-2006, 08:05 AM

how much is your monthly lease ?
Old 06-19-2006, 08:47 AM
SuPeRmOd

no test drive before buying FTL.
we all learn some way, some choose the hard way
Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 AM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Originally Posted by Ankit69
how much is your monthly lease ?
Thats funny cause for 35k your actual payment if owning it would be about 850.00 a month and on a lease it would still be high 5's if not in the 6's BTW how much did he put down? 7-8k
Old 06-19-2006, 09:16 AM

remember i got the SL.....the SL starts off at a litle over 30,000....the SE starts off at a litle over 27,000....this one also has the bluetooth, the drivers preferred package and the power sunroof...all that adds up....the extended warranty was 1700.....2,000 just in taxes....599 dealer fee.....
Still seems high considering I got my SL w/ DPP and Sunroof for $28,500 w/ like 12 miles on it. Don't sweat it though, this has been a very good learning experience for you. I'm sure you'll leave the sales manager crying the next time you get a car because you'll know what to watch out for. Enjoy your car.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
I picked mine up with 7 miles on. Brand spankin' new

35K very high price. I got mine in 2004 silver with black leather (sticker price 33.1) with all the options except NAVI (which I find very basic now, my brother has it on his) for 26.8K. I paid $850 for Lo_Jack and $800 for bumper to bumper 75K miles warranty, registration was little over $100 and there was like $270 processing fee or something.

Overall Little less than 29K (The navigation was extra $1900 if thats what you have.

Still, $35K is a bit high but then again, if you can afford it and you like the car WHY NOT. DUDE, enjoy the CAR
Depends on where you are. I've bought cars in Maryland, North Carolina and New Jersey and the one with the least amount of miles was NJ at like 19. If you brought your car in BK then that explains the low miles. They don't risk driving as much in the city. But they also don't test drive them before ownership.(most of the time)Good deal on your car though. I got mine same options for 29k. How the heck did your bro get one with navi for 26.8k? There must be alot of holdback in these cars...
Old 06-19-2006, 11:08 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

this one also has the bluetooth, the drivers preferred package and the power sunroof...all that adds up....the extended warranty was 1700.....2,000 just in taxes....599 dealer fee.....
When I said it has everything except NAVI i ment it has everything except navi...the sunroof, drivers preferred package, bose premius stereo, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah is what I ment everything, oh yeah I have that too hehe

The ONLY missing thing was the NAVI unit which I am fine with especially now. At first it didn't sit with me well as it would bump my financing by 19 bucks a month only but now - for $1090 you can have Street Pilot 7200 from Garmin and that has way more option than NAVI option that came with my brother's car (05 MAX) And yes, it does have 7" screen
Old 06-19-2006, 11:15 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by Hotnikks
Depends on where you are. I've bought cars in Maryland, North Carolina and New Jersey and the one with the least amount of miles was NJ at like 19. If you brought your car in BK then that explains the low miles. They don't risk driving as much in the city. But they also don't test drive them before ownership.(most of the time)Good deal on your car though. I got mine same options for 29k. How the heck did your bro get one with navi for 26.8k? There must be alot of holdback in these cars...
I bought it at Bayridge Nissan (Brooklyn, NY) and don't get me wrong the finance advisor will try to rip you off. I was so pissed at the guy because even thou they gave me a low price they were trying to rip me off on some bogus charges I said "F" this I can't afford it because originally you told me this much and now with all these bs charges its way more. I got up and left, they called me back when I was at the door and dropped all the nonsense.

It works every time. Just get up and leave and if they don't call you back right then and there, they will call your house within a week. GUARANTEED!

"How the heck did your bro get one with navi for 26.8k?"

I said everything but NAVI....see one up
Old 06-19-2006, 11:18 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by xoomer.com

"How the heck did your bro get one with navi for 26.8k?"

I said everything but NAVI....see one up

Sorry for misreading...

I got mine for 26.8 SE with all except navi

His was about 28.8 - SE with all no exceptions and the dealer threw in the clear bumper guards.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
You'd be suprised what teens who work alot, save, and leve at home can afford to drive, heh heh.

Sorry son, 24years old is not a teen
Old 06-20-2006, 07:51 AM

Hi guys! Maybe I can settle the mileage puzzle. It is possible for a car to have 0 miles. I work for a bank and run the contracts from dealers that we approve. I have to a lot of times enter in VIN's and mileage as well. Quite frequently the odometer statement says 0, but for the most part 10-35 is the norm. Just a little FYI!

-Mary