Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Dealership and Vendor Experiences (https://maxima.org/forums/dealership-vendor-experiences-9/)
-   -   Defective factory chrome wheels.Not happy with Tischer Nissan (https://maxima.org/forums/dealership-vendor-experiences/639845-defective-factory-chrome-wheels-not-happy-tischer-nissan.html)

big dave 09-25-2011 07:37 AM

Defective factory chrome wheels.Not happy with Tischer Nissan

I bought my '07 Max brand new with the factory chrome wheels. For the past 2 years, the tires have been losing air. 1 tire right now is losing over 30 psi overnight. Another is losing 5 lbs every couple weeks. The other 2 are losing a couple lbs. a week. It was found that the wheels are corroding on the inside causing a sealing issue. The car was still under the factory bumper to bumper warrantee. In fact, I had purchased an additional wheel/tire warrantee, which they claim does not cover this particular problem. I would have to run off the road and damage the tire and wheel for that warrantee to kick in.:rolleyes:.

I complained to Nissan, and they sent in their area rep to investigate the problem. Their solution was to replace the wheels...but they want me to pay half. I don't think that should even be an option. What they are trying to charge me for the wheels is actually more than what I paid initially. They are saying half, but what they are doing is trying to get me to pay what it would cost them for the wheels.

In the meantime, that one tire has gone so flat that I can't even put air in it anymore. I had to remove it from the car and I'm now riding with the spare!:mad: It had me stranded at work earlier in the week forcing me to find another way to get home. This was my first brand new car in 20 years and I must say that this dealership experience has turned me off from Nissan!

It is shocking that regardless what kind of warrantee you have, the dealers will continue to screw you when they can.

I will continue to pursue this issue farther!

Bart86 12-27-2011 06:29 AM

damn dude that sucks. First they try to force you into warranties and then they do what they can to not cover stuff that should be without question. SCAMMERS

RichS 01-13-2012 04:39 AM

Maybe call your local news station. Where I live they have a reporter that investigates ripoffs like this, and the business always pays up in the end. Put 'em on TV and they'll changed their tune I bet. They won't want people to know the don't always honor the extended warranty.

gsjohnson 02-06-2012 07:17 PM

I suspect that your 07 Max is out of warranty (3 yr/36,000 miles)...thus the reason for the partial offer rather than an out and out warranty replacement. If you had a Ford or a Chevy, they would offer you no help and you'd be paying 100% of the bill. Are these factory chromies or dealer installed non factory chromies? That also plays into the manufacturers help versus the dealers help. Just looking at this from the inside out...