Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Don't go to Dependable Auto in Brooklyn NYC....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2000, 11:02 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

My bro was looking or a car, so we saw an add on the net about a 95 SE loaded, 87k miles 9,500$ whatever, so we decided to check it out.
We came there, we started looking at it, 1st of all, it wasn't an SE, when we asked the salesman he was like, yes it is. Then we asked to start it, hear how it runs, he gave us the key, he started running all around us , we were about to start it and he was like , oh it might not start, someone left the lights on and the bettery died, he was like, no problem I'll give u a new battery (oh yeah!) so we asked to jump start it, as we started it, the thing barely cranked up then the engine started to make a lot of ticking noise even after like 10+ minutes, then he was like, its a nice car, blah blah, pointing out the sunroof and leather, so as we opened the hood, it looked like they tried to clean it inside but did a bad job, there was rust in several places, the inside of the left fender was painted very cheap. then I got in and gave it a bit of gas, try to rev the engine, the salesguy is like, u dont have to do that, its good. but I did it another few times consecutively and he almost freakin jumped on me, he was like thats enough, stop it!!! I was like, damn. Ok, the engine sounds horrible as u rev it, he was like what do u have to worry about anyways, it has a warranty. Then my bro moved the shifter back and forth a few times and the dude started *****ing again talking about how the car is gonna roll backwards and we are going to hit the car that was right behind it. WTF? (by the way) The shift from Park to reverse was very slow and clunked.
THe body was OK, but then the drivers side door looked weird, If u feel under it, there is a good dent right under the car, so we mentioned it to the sales ******* and he began saying thats nothing, when asking about the history of the car, he said it is one owner, highway miles, and other dealer bull****. Car is very nice inside, but looked as if it was in an accident, the engine sounded weird and engine well was dirty and rust was all over. Me and my bro are just standing there discussing it and the guy is right there listening, what an *******. He is like, I'll give it to you for 9 grand, its a great car, u get a warranty.
We mentioned a test drive and he said we cant because we cant move it out since there is 3 cars right behind it, cars on all sides and a gate in front of it.

We then looked at a 98' Mazda 626 and that **** was definately hit and entire rear was painted, there was a gap when u shut the trunk, again, salesman goes into the warranty and how perfect the car is and how we can never beat that price.

Basically, we were interested in the 626 at first, we called him on the phone before and asked for the VIN on it and he gave it to us, title is clean but car is definately suspect.

******* dealership, they probably fish these cars out of the water, buy them beaten down and fix them, (do a bad job at it too) I can't believe how crazy he went when i reved it a little bit, he said i would damage the car.

Buying a used car in Brooklyn off a private dealership is never safe period. We ended up getting a 99 Corolla with 40k for 8,500$ from a cool place in Staten Island.
Old 11-24-2000, 11:04 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

This place is located on Ave Y, between Mcdonalds ave. and East 1st.

Old 11-30-2000, 11:13 PM

I must agree that Brooklyn is not the place to get a used car..
but if you wanna buy new...or certifited..Jag and Inf in brklyn are VERY GOOD.

Old 12-01-2000, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by Mikeb120
I must agree that Brooklyn is not the place to get a used car..
but if you wanna buy new...or certifited..Jag and Inf in brklyn are VERY GOOD.

I agree. A good place to purchase cars in NY is Queens, Hillside ave. I brought my MAX 1/99 A 96 GLE for $13,000. It was marked at a much higher amount but I had a receipt with me from another Dealer who screwed me.I put down $6000. on a 96 GWE no leather or Bose but the interior still looked sporty. It was a blue beauty. I went back the next day and the owner said the car was taken by the bank because they didn't have the paper work on premise.So I told him give me my cash back so I can shop around. He showed me some more vehicle's but I wasn't satisfied. So I went looking around and my wife actually notice a Green 96 having the radio replaced. I thought it would be a bad idea but I took a chance.They wanted about 14,000. and droped the price for me and the car runs like a Plane.(SMOOTH)The name of the place is Planet Motors ask for Arturo and he'll definitly work with ya. That's if your looking in the NY area. You still have the Marshall's auctions but it can take months to find what your looking for.