Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Need some advice on detailing the inside of my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 02:25 AM

Need some advice on detailing the inside of my car

Ok, well I got some issue in my ride now, I had this car super clean when I first got it, and now its a mess.

These are the problems I want to fix:

Minor little scratches on my dark brown dash, caused mostly by my g/f heels when she kicks up her legs or moves around. What can I do to make them go away.

Carpet got wet during a flood, vaccumed it out, had no problem, then a large water bottle spilled in the back seat (i didnt know about it) now the car smells like wet dog. How do I go about clean that **** out?

Seats seem a bit dark gray, my car is tan cloth interior, any brand of spray or method I can use to clean this seats out? Same goes for carpet.

Also for the panels is there any brand of cleaner than can take out all the grim from the panel??? I mean I had this all in one cleaner that could be used inside and out of the car, and I noticed when I let the cleaner settle in the panel, once wiped off, it would leave a brighter cleaner tan color than the original tan.

Any advice would help, I could check the stickies, my computer would send me to some search engine, saying site not found, thanks
Old 05-31-2004, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by NISMOMAXMAN
Also for the panels is there any brand of cleaner than can take out all the grim from the panel???
Try the Mister Clean magic eraser. Miracle workers!
Old 06-04-2004, 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=NISMOMAXMAN]Ok, well I got some issue in my ride now, I had this car super clean when I first got it, and now its a mess.

These are the problems I want to fix:

Minor little scratches on my dark brown dash, caused mostly by my g/f heels when she kicks up her legs or moves around. What can I do to make them go away.

First- move the party to the back of the vehicle.

Second- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, I told the org about it as far as i Know, and everyone now swears by it.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:35 PM

the magic eraser works so good, made my tan interior look brand new. for the carpets, use RESOLVE spot magic, it works soooooooooooo good, it made me carpets look brand new. check out some auto stores and see if they sell any upholstery cleaners with one of those foaming brushes, be prepared for a fun day of cleaning and a few days of the car airing out and drying.