Go Back  Maxima Forums > Maxima.org > Feedback/Suggestions
Reload this Page >

15 post minimum before starting new thread rule needs to be reinforced

Feedback/Suggestions Let us know what you like about Maxima.org, its forums, or let us know what suggestions you may have! DO NOT POST YOUR CAR QUESTIONS HERE.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:52 AM

Seeing too many new threads by 1st time posters. These people are asking questions without doing any kind of search and spamming the forum.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:34 AM

Old 05-26-2014, 08:00 PM

as long as the threads arent with spam links to me i dont care. more threads on the site=more hits on search engines=more advertising revenue. this site isnt cheap to run
Old 05-27-2014, 06:17 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by smplyamzng View Post
Seeing too many new threads by 1st time posters. These people are asking questions without doing any kind of search and spamming the forum.
so you rather the new users spam the forum with nonsense until they get 15 posts?

i'm just happy new users are posting in the correct sections of the forum.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by chrome91 View Post
as long as the threads arent with spam links to me i dont care. more threads on the site=more hits on search engines=more advertising revenue. this site isnt cheap to run
Well i guess if revenue is the main concern here then it doesnt really matter. Ultimately though, if the content of the site is full of bs threads (most of which are common sense questions)then there will be nothing worthwhile coming here or searching for

Originally Posted by DanNY View Post
so you rather the new users spam the forum with nonsense until they get 15 posts?

i'm just happy new users are posting in the correct sections of the forum.
If new users would search for an answer for their question before creating a thread, they would find their answer and not need to have to post 15 times to find it. There is a difference with posting in a thread than creating one. Alot of these posters only post 2 or 3 times and then disappear.

Now granted this a free speech forum, but at the end of the day i dont see what the problem is or why you 2 feel the need to disagree with my suggestion. This is a stickied forum rule way before any of us even got here(well except danny lol), and it was created for a reason. Just saying

Last edited by smplyamzng; 05-27-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Well i guess if revenue is the main concern here then it doesnt really matter. Ultimately though, if the content of the site is full of bs threads (most of which are common sense questions)then there will be nothing worthwhile coming here or searching for

If new users would search for an answer for their question before creating a thread, they would find their answer and not need to have to post 15 times to find it. There is a difference with posting in a thread than creating one. Alot of these posters only post 2 or 3 times and then disappear.

Now granted this a free speech forum, but at the end of the day i dont see what the problem is or why you 2 feel the need to disagree with my suggestion. This is a stickied forum rule way before any of us even got here(well except danny lol), and it was created for a reason. Just saying
well there's the problem...people don't want to search...trust me...majority of ppl don't want to go through the effort. even if i put back the 15 post rule...all i see is people posting random stuff like "oh that's cool" or "great job" or some other random nonsense bumping a thread 3 years ago just so they can create their own thread since their problem is "different" than everyone else's. we had the 15 post rule on...and it was on for a LONG time and for years the new people complained about why they can't make a new thread. they said they searched and came up with nothing that relates to their issue (we all know that's probably not true) but at the end of the day i rather they post a new thread rather than come in here and throw in nonsense and/or complain about the rules so they can hit the 15 mark.

well technically no...this is not a "free speech" forum. this is a forum that's owned by a corporation, there's no free speech about it. it has rules that are posted on the forum and members are expected to follow them. you are welcome to post your feedback and i do appreciate that...but we tried it the other way and it didn't work for us. we'll see...if it gets really bad then we can always flip it back on but for now it'll stay the way it is.

like i said earlier...i'm just happy they found the right place to post. i used to see all the noobs go to the garage and workshop section and post their problems there...i mean did they not read the section description?!? you think these same people will go through the effort of searching?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY View Post
well there's the problem...people don't want to search...trust me...majority of ppl don't want to go through the effort. even if i put back the 15 post rule...all i see is people posting random stuff like "oh that's cool" or "great job" or some other random nonsense bumping a thread 3 years ago just so they can create their own thread since their problem is "different" than everyone else's. we had the 15 post rule on...and it was on for a LONG time and for years the new people complained about why they can't make a new thread. they said they searched and came up with nothing that relates to their issue (we all know that's probably not true) but at the end of the day i rather they post a new thread rather than come in here and throw in nonsense and/or complain about the rules so they can hit the 15 mark.

well technically no...this is not a "free speech" forum. this is a forum that's owned by a corporation, there's no free speech about it. it has rules that are posted on the forum and members are expected to follow them. you are welcome to post your feedback and i do appreciate that...but we tried it the other way and it didn't work for us. we'll see...if it gets really bad then we can always flip it back on but for now it'll stay the way it is.

like i said earlier...i'm just happy they found the right place to post. i used to see all the noobs go to the garage and workshop section and post their problems there...i mean did they not read the section description?!? you think these same people will go through the effort of searching?
Thanks for clarifying things. It makes sense now..The rule works in theory, just not in reality lol
Old 05-27-2014, 07:11 PM

Thanks for clarifying things. It makes sense now..The rule works in theory, just not in reality lol
pretty much. like he said with the 15 post rule people would just go to random old threads and reply neat, cook, amazing, weird, etc to get their 15 posts within 5 minutes