2003 6 speed P0335 code problem - Maxima Forums

Garage and Workshop This forum is for discussions of what goes on in the garage - "the tools, the techniques, the tricks" ...or something like that. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CAR HERE.

2003 6 speed P0335 code problem

Old 08-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
Newbie - Just Registered

2003 6 speed P0335 code problem

Lost a coil so I changed all six (car has 192,000 miles). It threw the crank position sensor on the test drive after the coil replacements. I picked one up at car quest and it threw the code again almost immediately. So get a Nissan sensor and no codes..... for about 50 miles, now it throws code with in a mile of a reset. I realize it's likely a harness problem or a bad ground problem. Need some help on where to look and what to look for. I have lots of electronic experience, just need some direction.
Tnx

Cal
calschantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:03 AM   #2

I'm sorry to hear that mines an 02 233xxx it had cyl 1 mis after the car stalled driving it so I changed fuel assy unit with filter solved stalling than changed all 6 ignition coil with plugs and the IC in 1 and 2 were melted I personally don't have experience in electrical but the obvious is to go over and check everything but how does it run I know it's deff common for grounds to go
Wakenbakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
Newbie - Just Registered

I removed and cleaned the grounds from the sensors ( under the engine bonnet and the main battery/engine and no improvement. Also sprayed all the plugs on theCPS sensors with DeOxit and excercied the plugs and still no help. Car starts well, runs pretty well (seems to be down a bit on power, does the sudden lurch occasionally when driving, but never stops. BTW replaced the clutch, pres. plate, flywheel and throw out bearing about a year ago, no problems after that job. Still looking for the magic bullet, any help much appreciated.

Last edited by calschantz; 08-15-2017 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 08-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
Newbie - Just Registered

Does the "sudden lurch" about once in 10-20 miles usually at low rpm in 5th or 6th gear.5
Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #5

Throttle positioning sensor mabye other than that I would look up wiring diagrams and follow the wiring back did you obd see what it says now
Wakenbakon is offline   Reply With Quote