Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Accessories (All Generations) (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-accessories-all-generations-47/)
-   -   GI: Black Roof Vinyl Overlay (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-accessories-all-generations/611444-gi-black-roof-vinyl-overlay.html)

nissandrvr98 04-22-2010 04:23 PM

Oh thanks.
Had my wife....er.... had I not 'yelled' she may have stuck around to help and it would've been not so bad ;)

I do like it more each day now and once I clean it all up it'll be good to go

IHAVEA2KMAXIMA 04-24-2010 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by nissandrvr98 (Post 7526426)
alright...done with some modification.
im not gonna say it was easy-the sunroof was a PITA and i just could not get it to stick down at the top of the rear window.

I personally thought it was easier with the moonroof.

Originally Posted by nissandrvr98
well as i said, that was obviously the goal, until i realized the pass side was kinda crinkled from shipping and in trying to fix it i f'd it up and really had no other option but to trim it in on both sides.

I'm sorry to hear part of it got wrinkled. Was the tube smashed or damaged? I checked for any visible defects before I rolled it up and shipped it out.

DEADBOLT 04-25-2010 12:27 AM

I'm sorry, but i'm gonna have to burst your bubble bro:

You effort in getting a product out at a cheaper price is definitely appreciated, however, when it's done at the expense of others, that's just sneaky and dirty. If you want to promote your product, its features, price savings, etc is one thing, but to simply put another vendor's product down just so yours can sell, that shows how you do business. Respect is earned, not given. Maybe you should learn that before doing business.

Every auto parts website, seller, vendor, supplier, etc mentions their products info and pros... but none will put another seller down to promote themselves. It seems like somethin that'd happen with politicians to be selected in office, which is still down right dirty. You should edit your first post to say what kind of vinyl you sell, how it comes, what cars its made for, price (with/without shipping) and how to contact you, not to call out another vendor's product and its imperfections.

Good luck with your business venture, but remember how to gain respect.. not buy it with sneaky ways.

IHAVEA2KMAXIMA 04-25-2010 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by 04MAXXXFreak (Post 7530378)
I'm sorry, but i'm gonna have to burst your bubble bro:

You effort in getting a product out at a cheaper price is definitely appreciated, however, when it's done at the expense of others, that's just sneaky and dirty. If you want to promote your product, its features, price savings, etc is one thing, but to simply put another vendor's product down just so yours can sell, that shows how you do business. Respect is earned, not given. Maybe you should learn that before doing business.

Every auto parts website, seller, vendor, supplier, etc mentions their products info and pros... but none will put another seller down to promote themselves. It seems like somethin that'd happen with politicians to be selected in office, which is still down right dirty. You should edit your first post to say what kind of vinyl you sell, how it comes, what cars its made for, price (with/without shipping) and how to contact you, not to call out another vendor's product and its imperfections.

Good luck with your business venture, but remember how to gain respect.. not buy it with sneaky ways.

I think you misunderstood me. Never have I tried to "put down" BlueBat's products if that's what you were implying. I was merely just describing the differences about it. If anything, I admire BlueBat's products. I actually got his tail overlays if you didn't know and they are EXCELLENT quality stuff. The only thing that I said was about his customer service. I was a customer and I think I am entitled to weigh in some of my opinions and if you read my feedback towards him, you will see I wasn't truly satisfied but I was being understanding about it. I would never badmouth and make false accusations about someone just for my own personal benefit. I try my best to do business from a customer's point of view and treat others as how I would like others to treat me. I do not know where you got the feeling that I was pushing my products out on the expense of others. I explained everything clearly in my posts and if there was any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them. I have nothing to hide and if there is any problems on my end, I will man up about it. I hope this would clear up some of misunderstandings.

DEADBOLT 04-25-2010 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA (Post 7530388)
I think you misunderstood me. Never have I tried to "put down" BlueBat's products if that's what you were implying. I was merely just describing the differences about it. If anything, I admire BlueBat's products. I actually got his tail overlays if you didn't know and they are EXCELLENT quality stuff. The only thing that I said was about his customer service. I was a customer and I think I am entitled to weigh in some of my opinions and if you read my feedback towards him, you will see I wasn't truly satisfied but I was being understanding about it. I would never badmouth and make false accusations about someone just for my own personal benefit. I try my best to do business from a customer's point of view and treat others as how I would like others to treat me. I do not know where you got the feeling that I was pushing my products out on the expense of others. I explained everything clearly in my posts and if there was any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them. I have nothing to hide and if there is any problems on my end, I will man up about it. I hope this would clear up some of misunderstandings.

I'm not tryin to bust your balls or anything bro, I'm just explaining how things CAN be perceived when they read the way you compared the products. Look at any vendor in the GD section... none will say "this vendor's product is this... mine is that" That's becuz those are things you just don't do. You might admire blue bat for his products, however, a person that doesn't know neither of you will get the wrong image or misunderstand your meaning when they see that you basically compare the 2 side by side with their differences, etc... simply to promote yours. I'm not saying you're bad at doing business, but i am saying that a side by side comparison should come from buyers, not sellers. Do you see what i'm saying?

I apologize if you understood that i'm judging you as a person.. that's not something i'll do becuz I don't know you to judge you. I'm just clearing up a picture that any stranger might understand wrongly when he reads what you said in your advertising post. It's basically a heads up, that's all. Don't mean to whore up your thread, but I thought you should be aware what the misunderstading might lead up to. A similar thing happened on NICO club, and a couple other places where a vendor was saying something similar to what you said, and that turned into a big issue. Either way, I do hope your product is just as good as BB, if not better.

:)

IHAVEA2KMAXIMA 04-25-2010 02:08 PM

^^^ Gotcha bro. Thank you for your input. I guess I was a bit misleading but by no means was I trying to talk down my "competition". BlueBat is the original vinyl guy and I'm not trying to get my hands into the business, because if I were, I would get my name out on other forums too. I'm simply doing this to help the ORG find alternative cheaper ways to mod. Nonetheless, I see where you coming from. I shouldn't have compared his product against mine :)

J2FRESH 04-26-2010 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nexus67 (Post 7527014)
It's actually not that bad at all (esp for a first). Also, you could easily 'add-in' more vinyl strips whenever. However, lol, you got me kinda nervous to do it on my own.

And the biggest worry of mine would actually be the sunroof:D

i think the sunroof wouldnt be that bad jus open it & then lay the vinyl on it then you can trim the sun roof section out, well that seems like a easy way to me but what do i kno:D

o yea BUMP!!!

03VIPMAX 04-27-2010 08:34 AM

im getting mine done in the 3m carbon fiber wrap im paying 200 but that includes installation im always wrapping my roof spoiler and grill and lip and interior trim pieces but one at a time haha ****s pricey but good luck guys!!

nissandrvr98 04-27-2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by J2FRESH (Post 7531575)
i think the sunroof wouldnt be that bad jus open it & then lay the vinyl on it then you can trim the sun roof section out, well that seems like a easy way to me but what do i kno:D

o yea BUMP!!!

i thought of doing it and cant remember why i didnt now.

Jim-its all good man, no the tube was not damaged but it was the edge that hangs over so it woulda been trimmed anyway (unless you wanna send me another so i can do it right :wall:)

hornepirate 05-14-2010 10:43 PM

plan on doing a run of these still?

IHAVEA2KMAXIMA 05-17-2010 11:36 PM

I'll probably get it going again after I finish with my finals and jury duty (LOL) which should be some time in early mid June. I thought about the 3M CF vinyl but they only come in matte finish and I heard they are really expensive.

To nissandrvr98: I'm willing to work something out :) Been a bit busy but I'll definitely keep you posted bro!

Nexus67 05-17-2010 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by J2FRESH (Post 7531575)

o yea BUMP!!!

Fears alleviated lol...

but now I gotta wait til there's more. I would KILL for the carbon fiber. For a sheen I'd gloss it myself.

Any thoughts on how expensive they are?

Nexus67 05-18-2010 07:01 AM

Just checked on the carbon fiber...it's a little on the dull side (as far as shine is concerned) but it's nice. Would probably go well w/ some carb fiber pillars

But I think I'm back on board w/ the regular vinyl

Nexus67 07-05-2010 05:30 PM

Update?