General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Man, when it rains, it pours...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 11:23 PM

Man, when it rains, it pours...

I swear, when things go wrong, it all goes wrong at once. I haven't driven my car in over a month now and it all started so innocently.

As you all know, I cracked my front bumper a while back. When I finally took it to the shop, it was supposed to take 3 days to get it repaired. Then it turns out that I had bent both fenders when I cracked the bumper, so 3 days turns into 2 weeks. Then I get the car back, and 10 minutes from home, my car makes this horrible banging sound. I pull over on the highway and it turns out that one of my Toyos had tread separation and the tread had whipped off and cracked my front bumper again. On a side note, Toyo's suck. I had 4 Toyos, and 2 blew out from sidewall cracks and the other 2 both had tread separation problems, all in a year with no abnormal wear otherwise.

So I end up starting work on my stereo to get it ready for a big show. Next thing you know, only 2 of my 4 amps shows up. So we had to rework the whole system temporarily around that. And I borrow Ming's Volks for the show. Everything is good now...

The morning of the show, I start the car up and while idling, it makes a funny sound. I immediately shut it off, and pop the hood. What do I find? Belt dust everywhere because the damn SC belt decided to shred itself right then. So after 5 straight days of working 18-20 hours to get the car ready, it does this.

But hopefully now things are turning around. Vortech finally gets me my new 3.125 pulley 12 days later even though I paid for 2 day air. They did 2 day air it, just a week and a half after I actually ordered it. So if everything goes well, in 3 days, my car should be up and running with a 3.125 pulley, redone interior, and 2300 watt stereo. And if Holley decides that they want to work something out with me, then a DPI kit will replace the 5124 NOS kit I have now. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong. Because I miss my car so much right now.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:31 PM

Re: Man, when it rains, it pours...

Originally posted by Shadow
I swear, when things go wrong, it all goes wrong at once. I haven't driven my car in over a month now and it all started so innocently.

As you all know, I cracked my front bumper a while back. When I finally took it to the shop, it was supposed to take 3 days to get it repaired. Then it turns out that I had bent both fenders when I cracked the bumper, so 3 days turns into 2 weeks. Then I get the car back, and 10 minutes from home, my car makes this horrible banging sound. I pull over on the highway and it turns out that one of my Toyos had tread separation and the tread had whipped off and cracked my front bumper again. On a side note, Toyo's suck. I had 4 Toyos, and 2 blew out from sidewall cracks and the other 2 both had tread separation problems, all in a year with no abnormal wear otherwise.

So I end up starting work on my stereo to get it ready for a big show. Next thing you know, only 2 of my 4 amps shows up. So we had to rework the whole system temporarily around that. And I borrow Ming's Volks for the show. Everything is good now...

The morning of the show, I start the car up and while idling, it makes a funny sound. I immediately shut it off, and pop the hood. What do I find? Belt dust everywhere because the damn SC belt decided to shred itself right then. So after 5 straight days of working 18-20 hours to get the car ready, it does this.

But hopefully now things are turning around. Vortech finally gets me my new 3.125 pulley 12 days later even though I paid for 2 day air. They did 2 day air it, just a week and a half after I actually ordered it. So if everything goes well, in 3 days, my car should be up and running with a 3.125 pulley, redone interior, and 2300 watt stereo. And if Holley decides that they want to work something out with me, then a DPI kit will replace the 5124 NOS kit I have now. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong. Because I miss my car so much right now.
damn thats too bad. but it does look like things are lookin up. good luck.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn....can you say that..a little slower next time! =( Best of luck to ya!
Old 07-13-2002, 12:41 AM

Sorry to hear about all that Shadow, you have one of the tightest 4th generations around. Good luck.
Old 07-13-2002, 03:08 AM
i SeE what you did therE

wow...

the weather over here has been kinda rainy too..

but nothing like your downpours..!!
Old 07-13-2002, 03:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

And if Holley decides that they want to work something out with me, then a DPI kit will replace the 5124 NOS kit I have now. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong. Because I miss my car so much right now.
Wow, that sucks.

When did you get N02!?!? Did you build up your engine or anything in preperation!?!?

Anyway, once i get my boost problems fixed, and run for a few months with no problems, I'm thinking of a 5124 kit, if I'm sure the engine can handle it.

IanS
Old 07-13-2002, 10:26 AM

Cross your fingers

Hope all goes well!

Oh, get your shipping back? (2-day to 12-day)
Old 07-13-2002, 10:58 AM

Look at it this way enough bad things have happen, now it's for some good thing to happen....and they will!!
Old 07-13-2002, 11:04 AM
Ford Only.

Sorry to hear bro. But your car is still damn sweet.