Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   Armor All ; STP; or what? (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/136459-armor-all-stp-what.html)

T-One 02-01-2003 06:55 PM

Armor All ; STP; or what?

I've read that once you use Armor All on your dash, you have to keep using it. If you stop, over time the dash will dry and crack. Do you guys know if there's any other protectant that won't harm the dash?

Y2KSESteve 02-01-2003 07:24 PM

I've been using a Meguiars cleaner/protectant for about a year and I've had no problems yet. I like it because it doesnt leave it shiny and doesnt attract all that much dust.

Bluesbrekr 02-02-2003 05:54 AM

303 Protectant

is highly rated. It does not contain any silicone. Much better than Armor-All, IMO. I used Armor-All on my last car for over 5 years, and all the vinyl surfaces looks like crap. No cracking, but very dull and 'dry' looking.

The 303 is expensive, about $13 or $14, but worth it. I won't use anything else on my Max.

James12345 02-02-2003 12:45 PM

Re: Armor All ; STP; or what?

Originally posted by T-One
I've read that once you use Armor All on your dash, you have to keep using it. If you stop, over time the dash will dry and crack. Do you guys know if there's any other protectant that won't harm the dash?

Turtle Wax Formula 2001 is good stuff...

The main thing is you really want something with good UV ray protection.

The Meguirs is really good too. You just really want something with good UV ray protection though. My gripe with Armor All is it doesnt make a really good shine and tends to soak up the sun (even though they claim UV protection).

NickStam 02-02-2003 12:51 PM

Re: 303 Protectant

303 is very good.

slimer 02-02-2003 12:55 PM

Re: Re: 303 Protectant

Originally posted by NickStam
303 is very good.
I heard Klasse was really good too

Bluesbrekr 02-02-2003 01:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: 303 Protectant

Originally posted by slimer

I heard Klasse was really good too

Klasse on the dash?? :confused:

T-One 02-02-2003 01:13 PM

Thanks for the tip

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve
I've been using a Meguiars cleaner/protectant for about a year and I've had no problems yet. I like it because it doesnt leave it shiny and doesnt attract all that much dust.
Thanks for the tip with Meguires and 303. I don't like that shiny look either. I know what I'll be using from now on.

Thanks again:)

Green 2kSE 02-02-2003 01:28 PM

303 is good but I think Vinylex is a better value.

slimer 02-03-2003 06:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 303 Protectant

Originally posted by Bluesbrekr

Klasse on the dash?? :confused:

klasse has a whole interior system

funnylittlman 02-03-2003 06:12 AM

Re: Armor All ; STP; or what?

Originally posted by T-One
I have read and heard that Armor All (the ORIGINAL stuff) actually eats away at your dash and tires.

Straight Meguairs here (they have a UV Dash spray that works quite well and doesn't shine like a mirror)

Bluesbrekr 02-03-2003 06:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 303 Protectant

Originally posted by slimer

klasse has a whole interior system

I didn't know that.....I'll have to check it out!!