Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   Another Turbomaxima pops up on the scene (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/146938-another-turbomaxima-pops-up-scene.html)

Sprint 03-27-2003 04:52 PM

Another Turbomaxima pops up on the scene

:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.turbomaxima.com/Forum/php...topic.php?t=64

gtr_rider 03-27-2003 05:00 PM

http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~ctnewman...panelgauge.jpg :eek:

Jeff92se 03-27-2003 05:03 PM

Custom setup?

Sprint 03-27-2003 05:06 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Custom setup?
not sure.. it looks like hal's kit kinda.. but then it might not be..

Bags 03-27-2003 05:07 PM

Originally posted by gtr_rider
That is SICK

:cool:

Jeff92se 03-27-2003 05:08 PM

He give props to Hal so....

Originally posted by SprintMax

not sure.. it looks like hal's kit kinda.. but then it might not be..

Jason R 03-27-2003 05:08 PM

:ben:

yea, it does look kinda like Hal's setup.

KsuMax 03-27-2003 05:10 PM

I want one in my dash.

Sprint 03-27-2003 05:12 PM

maybe its the infamous white maxima in the video from NY that no one wants to talk about..

Sprint 03-27-2003 05:13 PM

Originally posted by bags533

That is SICK

:cool:

would be even sicker if he got the aluminum dash kit to match.. i like that setup.. but i am not down for biting someone's style..

DA-MAX 03-27-2003 05:16 PM

:Police: ....a full shot of the Y-pipe setup...I'm telling! :laugh:

looks good! :D

DA-MAX 03-27-2003 05:19 PM

for advice though...I think its totally custom, he thanks his welder in here-->

http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~ctnewman...res/thanks.txt

deezo 03-27-2003 05:19 PM

maybe its the infamous white maxima in the video from NY that no one wants to talk about..
:nervous:

redmaxpa007 03-27-2003 05:19 PM

or no one cares about.. :wall:

Sprint 03-27-2003 05:21 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

for advice though...I think its totally custom, he thanks his welder in here-->

http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~ctnewman...res/thanks.txt

maybe he copied Hal's setup :D

i know hal would flip if that kit was his and he did the full exhaust shot like that :D

DA-MAX 03-27-2003 05:22 PM

i know hal would flip if that kit was his and he did the full exhaust shot like that :D
:laugh: when I saw that pic I said "uh oh" in my head....somone is about to get smakced up for this!

gtr_rider 03-27-2003 05:23 PM

Yet, its blue..:kiss:

Bags 03-27-2003 05:23 PM

would be even sicker if he got the aluminum dash kit to match.. i like that setup.. but i am not down for biting someone's style..

yeah not biting his idea... but helped me with some thoughts about mine..lol

and BTW more pics to come this weekend IF it does not rain

deezo 03-27-2003 05:24 PM

I like that forum scheme Sprint.

joaquink 03-27-2003 05:35 PM

http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~ctnewman...panelgauge.jpg

:eek: :bowdown1:

Errr...ummm...where's the radio go now?

BC_95GLE 03-27-2003 05:45 PM

Not to sound like an idiot, but...what is that thing underneath the SAFC??? I've never seen anything like that before. Brian

Sprint 03-27-2003 05:56 PM

Originally posted by deezo
I like that forum scheme Sprint.
thanks deezo :D

Sprint 03-27-2003 05:57 PM

Originally posted by BC_95GLE
Not to sound like an idiot, but...what is that thing underneath the SAFC??? I've never seen anything like that before. Brian
i was wondering that too.. i am guessing it might be a Boost Controller

Sprint 03-27-2003 05:58 PM

Originally posted by MAXIN

Nah thats 'qnpark' with the white max in NY with hals kit.

ahhh...

Jepht20 03-27-2003 07:01 PM

Yet, its blue..:kiss:

check out the engine bay, looks like it was white before, then painted blue...

Maximamike 03-27-2003 07:02 PM

I understand Hal being ****ed if someone posted a pic of his setup but its just exhaust piping? Do you think Stillen would flip a lid if someone posted a diagram of the s/cer mount bracket? Prolly not. Oh well.

gtr_rider 03-27-2003 07:10 PM

Originally posted by Jepht20

check out the engine bay, looks like it was white before, then painted blue...

Oh, alright.. I didnt catch that. ;)

MaxWolf 03-27-2003 07:13 PM

Maybe he doesnt like tunes

johnvt1111 03-27-2003 07:29 PM

i like the wood, i think it could look even tigher if he found a way to fit the wood trim around the guages

Shadow 03-27-2003 07:38 PM

Ah, I can't wait to join you turbo guys, the SC just isn't doing it for me anymore. Give me 3 months. It won't be a kit either.

on_alert 03-27-2003 09:28 PM

its not a HAL ripoff

BUT he did help me alot, hals exhaust is better...

I didnt really know there were too many turbo maxes out there, so i just decided how to do it on my own.

the HU is going to go in the trunkfacing forward, with a little aluminum plate that goes around it, and will be accesible only in the rear seat (till i get a remote) you will be able to get to it by flipping down that trunk access door.

The pipes will are done with the coating so i am picking them up tommorow, i mentioned my whole setup in the turbo/super forum, if you guys are interested, thanks for the props, hope it all works out...

I pretty much just made everything on my own (i did all the preliminary welding, my buddy did the finish welding) the only thing that i bought that i could have made was the IC (im not good at welding aluminum), the flanges and gauge panel were all custom fab jobs i made at school.

Ill keep you guys updated on the performance, I gotta load up that y pipe with header wrap...

Dave B 03-27-2003 09:40 PM

Sweet. The pic of the full exhaust really helps me understand how everything is routed now.

Something for the turbo guys. It sure looks like the piping hangs VERY low. Aren't you worried about dragging it on certain surfaces? Another thing that would worry me in that a lot of the piping is close together and sure looks like it could introduce a lot of engine vibration and pipe "clanking".

Dave

on_alert 03-27-2003 09:51 PM

thats one of my problems.

hals kit doesnt cut ground clearance, mine does.

Next winter i will make some new, hopefully better pipes.
I did lose considerable ground clearance (1"-1.5"+), but i will get by for the time being. The clanking should not be too much of an issue, because it should torque (most of the time) away from the frame. Well see about that too, but i plan on getting poly motor mounts just in case, which will help a little.

Its kinda like a guinea pig, because im not sure exactly how it will behave, and didnt really know about other kits till i was well into the project.

Ill let you guys know on sunday how the test went...

thebigsadler 03-27-2003 10:04 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
Ah, I can't wait to join you turbo guys, the SC just isn't doing it for me anymore. Give me 3 months. It won't be a kit either.
:naughty: :D :wall:

hlh0501 03-27-2003 11:58 PM

maybe he copied Hal's setup :D

umm, I think you all mistake me for my competition, the one who will not allow any pics to be posted...

if you note in my compilation II video, it shows the undercar, and even in dafro's thread about turbo maximas, I posted THIS PIC on the org when asked for..

someone tell me when I didn't post pics? :confused:

oh and no he didnt copy, he had his kit setup done and then i gave him some help...

Sprint 03-28-2003 02:52 AM

Re: its not a HAL ripoff

thats you? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Originally posted by on_alert
BUT he did help me alot, hals exhaust is better...

I didnt really know there were too many turbo maxes out there, so i just decided how to do it on my own.

the HU is going to go in the trunkfacing forward, with a little aluminum plate that goes around it, and will be accesible only in the rear seat (till i get a remote) you will be able to get to it by flipping down that trunk access door.

The pipes will are done with the coating so i am picking them up tommorow, i mentioned my whole setup in the turbo/super forum, if you guys are interested, thanks for the props, hope it all works out...

I pretty much just made everything on my own (i did all the preliminary welding, my buddy did the finish welding) the only thing that i bought that i could have made was the IC (im not good at welding aluminum), the flanges and gauge panel were all custom fab jobs i made at school.

Ill keep you guys updated on the performance, I gotta load up that y pipe with header wrap...

Sprint 03-28-2003 02:55 AM

you never or anyone has ever posted pictures of how the exhaust leaves the engine. sure you showed pictures of the cat and catback and parts of the down pipe.

Originally posted by hlh0501

umm, I think you all mistake me for my competition, the one who will not allow any pics to be posted...

if you note in my compilation II video, it shows the undercar, and even in dafro's thread about turbo maximas, I posted THIS PIC on the org when asked for..

someone tell me when I didn't post pics? :confused:

oh and no he didnt copy, he had his kit setup done and then i gave him some help...

hlh0501 03-28-2003 04:48 AM

you never or anyone has ever posted pictures of how the exhaust leaves the engine. sure you showed pictures of the cat and catback and parts of the down pipe.

am i missing something?? look at my video comp II, here is the PICTURE LINK from it incase you didnt notice... i mean how much easier is the exhaust leaving the engine pic?? it's a reverse ypipe, the opposite of the nigel/pfi kit that routes the exhaust backwards like a typical ypipe and then u-turns it back forwards to the turbo....

i would post pics that i have of that too, but i dont think they(nigel/pfi) would like that, so ask them for it - they have yet to post on request though...

gtr_rider 03-28-2003 04:56 AM

Originally posted by hlh0501

am i missing something?? look at my video comp II, here is the PICTURE LINK from it incase you didnt notice... i mean how much easier is the exhaust leaving the engine pic?? it's a reverse ypipe, the opposite of the nigel/pfi kit that routes the exhaust backwards like a typical ypipe and then u-turns it back forwards to the turbo....

i would post pics that i have of that too, but i dont think they(nigel/pfi) would like that, so ask them for it - they have yet to post on request though...

How the hell did you screenshot a Video?:o

Blu 03-28-2003 05:17 AM

How the hell did you screenshot a Video?:o

a couple clicks of the mouse I'm sure:p hell I don't even know how to use damn photoshop:laugh: