General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How frequently are u supposed 2 change your engine oil?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2001, 07:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just wondering what some of your thoughts are ... it's coming close to the time that the dealer has suggested I change my oil ... but I'm thinking they're trying 2 bring me in as frequently as possible ... I'm using Mobil 1 5W30 Synthetic ...tkx guys!
Old 01-29-2001, 08:13 PM

Every 3k miles if you want to play it safe (specially if you rag on your car or have lots of mods)

Every 4-5k miles is probably fine also I suppose.

Personally I like to be safe.
Old 01-29-2001, 08:16 PM
The missing moderator

3-4k is a COMPLETE waste of money on synthetics... I've PROVED that you can run mobil 1 with OEM filter for over 7500 miles. look at my sig for information.

4-5k is still wasting money.

-Shing
Old 01-29-2001, 08:20 PM

I usually avoid reading posts about oil so I wouldn't have known that.

I will still change mine every 3-4k miles. 30-50 bucks for complete oil change, re-fill windshield wiper fuild, wash my windows, clean the carpet, change the oil filter.. etc.. It's worth it to me I need all of that stuff done every 3k miles anyway.

Originally posted by PeelBoy
Every 3k miles if you want to play it safe (specially if you rag on your car or have lots of mods)

Every 4-5k miles is probably fine also I suppose.

Personally I like to be safe.
Old 01-29-2001, 08:28 PM
MaxirmaSE

shops recommends 3k miles or 3 months,which ever comes first.

Old 01-29-2001, 10:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Shing ... will Nissan not raise a fuss if n e thing does happen 2 go wrong if I ....

change my oil @ the intervals u suggest?

Originally posted by Shingles
3-4k is a COMPLETE waste of money on synthetics... I've PROVED that you can run mobil 1 with OEM filter for over 7500 miles. look at my sig for information.

4-5k is still wasting money.

-Shing
Old 01-30-2001, 04:10 AM

boy, we must see this almost every month!

Originally posted by ohboiya
Just wondering what some of your thoughts are ... it's coming close to the time that the dealer has suggested I change my oil ... but I'm thinking they're trying 2 bring me in as frequently as possible ... I'm using Mobil 1 5W30 Synthetic ...tkx guys!
and no one ever budges on their opinions! lol...

i do mine every 3k w/ mobil 1 synthetic. i do it all myself, so it costs me less than $25. that's inluding the factory oil filter. (3k is about every 5 weeks.)

i know shing, i can go much longer, but i want to feel OVERLY secure
Old 01-30-2001, 05:22 AM

Hey Peel I think you need a new tire, before you get your oil changed. :o) n/m

Old 01-30-2001, 05:59 AM

well..

You can comfortably get 12 - 15,000 with Mobil 1, probably more.

Legally, extended oil change intervals won't have any impact on your warrantee.

On the other had, if your dealer is doing the oil changes and knows you are using extended intervals, you are probably better off changing the oil every 3,000 miles, and saving $$$ by using regular oil.
Old 01-30-2001, 06:59 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Let me repeat myself

Originally posted by MI2KSE
You can comfortably get 12 - 15,000 with Mobil 1, probably more.

Legally, extended oil change intervals won't have any impact on your warrantee.

On the other had, if your dealer is doing the oil changes and knows you are using extended intervals, you are probably better off changing the oil every 3,000 miles, and saving $$$ by using regular oil.
for the millionth time....

MI2KSE and Shing (and doug, of course to a point) are right. 3k on Mobile 1 is a complete waste of money.....4-5k on Mobile 1 is a waste of money. 10k minimum on Mobile 1 and the OEM Nissan filter DOES NOT harm the engine. ULX-110 (a conventional oil) for 10,400 miles on a Mobile 1 Oil filter DOES NOT harm the engine. Shing and myself have posted our findings, although I have not made my Excel spreadsheet with these findings publicly available. I will try and do so today through .org or some other means.....

In the interim, using the handy search feature in the upper right hand corner and searching for "Amsoil" will reveal many posts on the subject of oil intervals, etc. Following my links below in my sig are informative as well. It is a good start to learning more about the dumbing down of America and convincing people that changing your oil more often is better for your car. In reality, reducing drain intervals doesn't offer any better protection. It just causes you to spend more money and makes the stockholders happier.

I know a lot of guys here won't be happy with these comments, but Shing and myself have put our money where our mouths are and have paid $18/analysis to generate these findings. It turns out our suspicions were founded, as we have lab proven Mobile 1 and ULX-110 are both capable of 10k oil intervals on the same filter. So, in conclusion:

3k is a waste of money.
Old 01-30-2001, 07:54 AM

Who CARES why are you guys making such a fuss about this stupid crap. Do you honestly care how people spend their $25 bucks every few months? My god!!!!!!!

They are right. It's probably safe to drive 7-10k miles on the car using Mobil 1...

I have PUT 5k miles on my car between oil changes before and the car does not drive near as smoothly after that long (for me). The car drives fine all the way up until about 4k miles and then I can start noticing a difference. Maybe others don't have the same experience as me? I don't care. I will still change my oil every 3-4k miles. I think I can freakin afford $25 every few months. If that bothers anybody here then uhm......The are pathetic.

Originally posted by doug
when the oil light comes on
Old 01-30-2001, 08:18 AM

I'm tired of the prevailing

Who CARES why are you guys making such a fuss about this stupid crap. Do you honestly care how people spend their $25 bucks every few months? My god!!!!!!!

They are right. It's probably safe to drive 7-10k miles on the car using Mobil 1...

I have PUT 5k miles on my car between oil changes before and the car does not drive near as smoothly after that long (for me). The car drives fine all the way up until about 4k miles and then I can start noticing a difference. Maybe others don't have the same experience as me? I don't care. I will still change my oil every 3-4k miles. I think I can freakin afford $25 every few months. If that bothers anybody here then uhm......The are pathetic.

attitude that if you don't change your oil at 3k or soon thereafter, then your car is going to blow up or something. That's just plain nonsense.

Jeremy,

I appreciate your input on this, I just see too many others here act like the car is going to burst into flames because it's been longer than 3k between oil changes, or some money-hungry dealer or quick-lube place scare them into doing so.

Having used synthetics for a while I've never noticed such "performance" or "driveability" differences past a certain point (in your case 4k). Both of my Maxes have performed the same regardless of the oil mileage.....

Statistically, your wasting money on such frequent oil changes. But if your dyno butt tells you something is missing, then there's nothing wrong with what you're doing.
Old 01-30-2001, 08:39 AM

Well.. Shing is a smart guy so I trust what he says. I went and read his webpage since I didn't really read any of this oil stuff before (so I really didn't know how many miles was "safe")..

I just personally don't think my car drives the same after 5k.

Just my experience.

Laters

Old 01-30-2001, 08:47 AM
I'm needing a caw

My standard reply now, if you guys change your oil every 3k on synthetics, you had better change your tires when only 1/3 worn also. Make sure to change your platinum plugs every 20k also.
Old 01-30-2001, 10:08 AM

And since you get so offended over something as stupid as this you might as well start getting offended at every little thing read. In fact why don't you stop having fun in life all together. You might as well eh? You know.. Since little things like this bother you so much and all..

Originally posted by Jeff92se
My standard reply now, if you guys change your oil every 3k on synthetics, you had better change your tires when only 1/3 worn also. Make sure to change your platinum plugs every 20k also.
Old 01-30-2001, 10:13 AM
The missing moderator

Thanks for the compliment Jeremy.

There's certianly nothing wrong with changing oil at 3k if that makes you feel better. Thing is, it doesn't make economical sense to me for two reasons: 1) I put 700-800 miles a *week* on the maxima and 2) the oil is ok after 3000 miles. I used to feel that my car drives different after 3-4k. But in reality... nothing changes. MPG doesn't go up or down, power doesn't go up or down. If I were to change oil ever 3k, I'd be doing it every month.

Certainly $25 a month every 2-3 months is fine, but $25 a month every month is a little much. Yeah $25 is nothing... but to me it's about the value of what I am spending the money on. Since the oil is perfectly ok after 3k miles, it doesn't make sense to change it. BUT, that's me... if one feels more comfortable changing at 3k, by all means do it.

I think Bill, Jeff, and myself are only trying to make the point that you DO NOT have to change you oil every 3K. Jiffy Lube's marketing department needs to be given an award for what I believe to be the BEST brainwashing ever. I asked my brother one day(his 16, getting ready to get a car and is interested in cars) "how often do you need to change the oil", he said "every 3,000 miles." I asked him... "why, where did you hear that?" "Jiffy Lube commercials".

Can nissan void your warranty? No... they have to PROVE that what ever the problem is was infact cause by extended drain.

NOW, here's something VERY important to keep in mind. All this extended drain applies to synthetic oil, specifically Mobil 1. I would say that almost all if not all semi-decent synthetics can last 5000-7500 miles without problems.

If you are running regular oil, I would not recommend 7500 miles. Regular dino juice will break down a lot faster then synthetics in the high temp situations. ULX-110 is a highly refined dino oil and is designed more or less with extended drain in mind. Do NOT use your local kmart $.79 bottle of oil and expect to go 10k. If you do... I am not responsible.

-shing

Well.. Shing is a smart guy so I trust what he says. I went and read his webpage since I didn't really read any of this oil stuff before (so I really didn't know how many miles was "safe")..

Just my experience.

Laters

Old 01-30-2001, 10:17 AM
I'm needing a caw

Who's says I'm offended? I just said it's my standard reply now. It seems that's the level of intelligence people around here understand(auto-wise) so that's about the only analogy that gets anyone to think about it. Posting real data and test results don't seem to do much. Let me ask you this, most here will change their oil every 3-4k right? But will wait until their tires are worn down past the wear bars to change their tires. Which do you think would put their car in more danger? Bald tires or waiting another 2-4k more inbetween oil changes?

And since you get so offended over something as stupid as this you might as well start getting offended at every little thing read. In fact why don't you stop having fun in life all together. You might as well eh? You know.. Since little things like this bother you so much and all..

Old 01-30-2001, 10:23 AM

Oh boy....

Peelboy,

You really haven't been around here much lately and witnessed the deluge of this same question over and over and over....

Jeff never said he was offended, he was just giving his standard reply, which is accurate. Whether you agree or not can be stated yourself in a constructive manner, and not on a personal level. It won't be tolerated in this forum under my watch.

In conclusion, Jeff is TIRED of this, not offended.
Old 01-30-2001, 10:26 AM

Aye. I see what you are saying. Oil definatly does not need to be changed every 3k miles. My oil still looks clean when I get it changed. In reality I usually put about 4.5k miles on my car between changes because I am a lazy bastard.

I don't really put all that many miles on my car so I can get anywhere form 1 to a few months between changes, specially now that I got my bike.

I just think some of you are taking this a bit too seriously The worlds not gonna end because people change their oil every 3k miles lol. Do most people even use synthetic oil? And when they do.. Do they use a GOOD synthetic oil? Perhaps that is why 3k miles is still the standard. People will get confused if you say "You can put 3k miles on this oil. 4k miles with this oil. 5k miles with this oil......" etc etc.. It's easier to just say 3k miles.

There's certianly nothing wrong with changing oil at 3k if that makes you feel better. Thing is, it doesn't make economical sense to me for two reasons: 1) I put 700-800 miles a *week* on the maxima and 2) the oil is ok after 3000 miles. I used to feel that my car drives different after 3-4k. But in reality... nothing changes. MPG doesn't go up or down, power doesn't go up or down. If I were to change oil ever 3k, I'd be doing it every month.

Certainly $25 a month every 2-3 months is fine, but $25 a month every month is a little much. Yeah $25 is nothing... but to me it's about the value of what I am spending the money on. Since the oil is perfectly ok after 3k miles, it doesn't make sense to change it. BUT, that's me... if one feels more comfortable changing at 3k, by all means do it.

I think Bill, Jeff, and myself are only trying to make the point that you DO NOT have to change you oil every 3K. Jiffy Lube's marketing department needs to be given an award for what I believe to be the BEST brainwashing ever. I asked my brother one day(his 16, getting ready to get a car and is interested in cars) "how often do you need to change the oil", he said "every 3,000 miles." I asked him... "why, where did you hear that?" "Jiffy Lube commercials".

Can nissan void your warranty? No... they have to PROVE that what ever the problem is was infact cause by extended drain.

NOW, here's something VERY important to keep in mind. All this extended drain applies to synthetic oil, specifically Mobil 1. I would say that almost all if not all semi-decent synthetics can last 5000-7500 miles without problems.

If you are running regular oil, I would not recommend 7500 miles. Regular dino juice will break down a lot faster then synthetics in the high temp situations. ULX-110 is a highly refined dino oil and is designed more or less with extended drain in mind. Do NOT use your local kmart $.79 bottle of oil and expect to go 10k. If you do... I am not responsible.

-shing

Just my experience.

Laters

Old 01-30-2001, 10:38 AM

I know, but since people have some much fun making analogies back fire when I use them I thought I would do the same for you

I say if people want to be stubborn.. Let 'em
It's not big deal really.

Who's says I'm offended? I just said it's my standard reply now. It seems that's the level of intelligence people around here understand(auto-wise) so that's about the only analogy that gets anyone to think about it. Posting real data and test results don't seem to do much. Let me ask you this, most here will change their oil every 3-4k right? But will wait until their tires are worn down past the wear bars to change their tires. Which do you think would put their car in more danger? Bald tires or waiting another 2-4k more inbetween oil changes?
Old 01-30-2001, 10:44 AM

Re: Oh boy....

I know. I figure I missed something 'big'.. No reason to get worked up over it now though It's just a simple question that needs a simple answer.. Nobody here is arguing with what Shing said.. I don't think? So no reason to bring it all back up

I think the question was answered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bill99gxe
[I]
Old 01-30-2001, 10:49 AM
The missing moderator

Nah, I'm not taking it serious. To be completely frank with you, I could care less how someone else treats their car. But my point is and has always been about mis-information and I 100% sure that's the same way Jeff and Bill feels. I don't like to see mis-information be treated as truth. Plus, it's not like we are getting paid by some one to say this stuff... hell, I've spent my own money to come to test scientific conclusions.

-Shing

Aye. I see what you are saying. Oil definatly does not need to be changed every 3k miles. My oil still looks clean when I get it changed. In reality I usually put about 4.5k miles on my car between changes because I am a lazy bastard.

I don't really put all that many miles on my car so I can get anywhere form 1 to a few months between changes, specially now that I got my bike.

I just think some of you are taking this a bit too seriously The worlds not gonna end because people change their oil every 3k miles lol. Do most people even use synthetic oil? And when they do.. Do they use a GOOD synthetic oil? Perhaps that is why 3k miles is still the standard. People will get confused if you say "You can put 3k miles on this oil. 4k miles with this oil. 5k miles with this oil......" etc etc.. It's easier to just say 3k miles.

-shing

Just my experience.

Laters

Old 01-30-2001, 10:51 AM

Welp. Sorry for posting the mis-information lol. I didn't know any better.

Nah, I'm not taking it serious. To be completely frank with you, I could care less how someone else treats their car. But my point is and has always been about mis-information and I 100% sure that's the same way Jeff and Bill feels. I don't like to see mis-information be treated as truth. Plus, it's not like we are getting paid by some one to say this stuff... hell, I've spent my own money to come to test scientific conclusions.

-Shing
Old 01-30-2001, 10:59 AM

Re: Re: Oh boy....

I know. I figure I missed something 'big'.. No reason to get worked up over it now though It's just a simple question that needs a simple answer.. Nobody here is arguing with what Shing said.. I don't think? So no reason to bring it all back up

I think the question was answered

Peelboy,

I understand what you're saying......but we're dealing with a small problem here on .org, with 80% of the posters here wanting to freeload on what the other 20% of the posters do/post here without so much as clicking Mr. Mouse over to the handy "search" feature and doing something on their own. Intelligence is becoming more scarce around here, and we're all suffering for it.....

Jeff, myself, and Shing are offended, so to speak, that an unwillingness for relative newbies to TRY and learn things on their own instead of just "Tell me everything...NOW!" posts that this place is deluged with every single day....especially on this oil stuff.....

[Edited by bill99gxe on 01-30-2001 at 01:04 PM]
Old 01-30-2001, 11:18 AM

Re: Re: Re: Oh boy....

lol. It's always been like that man

I guess people think the search button is over rated

Originally posted by bill99gxe
Peelboy,

I understand what you're saying......but we're dealing with a small problem here on .org, with 80% of the posters here wanting to freeload on what the other 20% of the posters do/post here without so much as clicking Mr. Mouse over to the handy "search" feature and doing something on their own. Intelligence is becoming more scarce around here, and we're all suffering for it.....

Jeff, myself, and Shing are offended, so to speak, that an unwillingness for relative newbies to TRY and learn things on their own instead of just "Tell me everything...NOW!" posts that this place is deluged with every single day....especially on this oil stuff.....

[Edited by bill99gxe on 01-30-2001 at 01:04 PM] [/I]
Old 02-14-2001, 08:42 AM

what about user manual ?

What about the user manual that came with my 2000 SE?
It says right there that <B>depending on your driving habits</B> you can change your oil (regular, not synthetic) from 3000 to 7500 miles. ( sorry don't have the manual next to me , but pretty sure that those figures are correct ).
They probably know what they are saying.
Old 02-14-2001, 09:01 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: what about user manual ?

Yup depending on the driving habits. 3000 would be for extreme conditions that 99.9% of us probably never encounter. 7500 is for the best coditions that again 90% of us probably never encounter. It's most likely something inbetween. Nissan is just covering their *** by putting the 3000 mile mark in there. This is for non-synthetics that really isn't the jist of most of this thread.

Originally posted by Teser
It says right there that <B>depending on your driving habits</B> you can change your oil (regular, not synthetic) from 3000 to 7500 miles. ( sorry don't have the manual next to me , but pretty sure that those figures are correct ).
Old 02-14-2001, 09:09 AM

Like Jeff said

Originally posted by Teser
The owners manual is nothing more than a cover your *** handbook for Nissan....It helps them avoid paying when stuff goes wrong with the Max.....They can site the owner's manual that specifically says not to do something or to do something in a certain fashion. This gives them legal grounds to not pay for certain repairs in THEIR eyes, etc....

And whoever at Nissan recommends only changing an air filter every 15k - 30k is insane......unless you drive inside a chip fabrication "clean-room" all the time.....
Old 02-14-2001, 09:10 AM

The fact of the mattter is that after 3000 miles, hell after a day after changing your oil your oil might "look the same" but it is not the same as the day that you put in fresh oil. It's gonna get dirty no matter what, am I right? Why doesnt everyone just do what they want to do?? Sounds like a damn infomercial board than a helpful one. If 3000 is too short and 7500 is too long for you..change it in between. Its your Maxima, do with it what ever YOU want to do. I change mine every 5000 on regular penzoil 10W-30 since I bought the car. That was 5 years ago with 170,000 on the odometer now. No problems what so ever, but now I use Mobil1 since installing the S/C and change it every 7500....not because you said so, my mechanic said so, because I want to.
Old 02-14-2001, 09:19 AM
The missing moderator

I don't think the user manual is of any help on this topic. It's been proven that you can go over 7500 miles on Mobile 1 synthetic on what the manual would consider sever usage... In the manual sever usage = 3000 change.

-Shing
Old 02-14-2001, 09:26 AM
The missing moderator

Emm, why is it that everyone chooses to ignore the facts? No, I can care less if you want to change you oil every 100 miles. The reason we post is to present the facts, which is Mobile 1 synthetic is good for over 7500 miles. What's with the attitude anyways? It's attitude like yours that makes people not want to help... thus making the forums useless.

No one here is force feeding you to change you oil every xxxx miles. Only thing we are pointing out is you don't have to do it every 3000. What's so bad about that?

Originally posted by TBag
The fact of the mattter is that after 3000 miles, hell after a day after changing your oil your oil might "look the same" but it is not the same as the day that you put in fresh oil. It's gonna get dirty no matter what, am I right? Why doesnt everyone just do what they want to do?? Sounds like a damn infomercial board than a helpful one. If 3000 is too short and 7500 is too long for you..change it in between. Its your Maxima, do with it what ever YOU want to do. I change mine every 5000 on regular penzoil 10W-30 since I bought the car. That was 5 years ago with 170,000 on the odometer now. No problems what so ever, but now I use Mobil1 since installing the S/C and change it every 7500....not because you said so, my mechanic said so, because I want to.
Old 02-14-2001, 09:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well, as I see it, when they were designing the car and testing it, one guy didn't just roll the dice and figure out the figure 3,000. If the factory says to use that, it's obviously for a reason, they have nothing to gain by you changing your oil every 3,000 miles if it's unnecessary. Years of research and design go into every engine so I'm pretty sure they've gone through all the trouble of seeing what's the best and what sucks. Not trying to flame anyone here, just stating my opinion.
Old 02-14-2001, 09:56 AM
I'm needing a caw

Gee maybe your mechanic and I(including Shing and Bill) are on the same page then? Wouldn't that mean him and us are telling you the same thing? As many have said before, color is NOT an accurate way of determining oil condition(that's a fact) "Does it get dirty no matter what?" No it doesn't. I've posted many links to state why oil can last longer. But I have not seen even one legitimate link posted to prove otherwise. Maybe you can help me here??

On the other hand, you state that oil gets dirty even after 3k right? But you still change it 5k?? And now at 7.5k w/ Mobil 1? What exactly is your point? Not to listen to us but to take our advice anyway? I really don't care what people do with their cars. But I would be a shame to see someone take the WRONG advice. I've seen some people "want" to do some pretty dumb things to their car on this board. If people like Shing, Bill etc.. DIDN'T speak and and advise them maybe they shouldn't do that particular thing, some people might have ended up w/ some screwed up cars.

Old 02-14-2001, 10:02 AM

hehe.....

BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

Old 02-14-2001, 10:04 AM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by Ants97SE
Well, as I see it, when they were designing the car and testing it, one guy didn't just roll the dice and figure out the figure 3,000. If the factory says to use that, it's obviously for a reason, they have nothing to gain by you changing your oil every 3,000 miles if it's unnecessary. Years of research and design go into every engine so I'm pretty sure they've gone through all the trouble of seeing what's the best and what sucks. Not trying to flame anyone here, just stating my opinion.
Yes it's called to CYA, cover your ****. Standard coporate practice

Anyways, it's obvious that facts are on no importance...

Let me just ask you this... how long has the 3000 mile thing been around? atlesat 10-15 years that I can remember. So then we are going by something that was tested and designed some 10+ years ago....

-Shing
Old 02-14-2001, 10:21 AM

1000 mile oil changes were the norm....

when I was a kid. But there were gas stations with lube racks on about every other corner too. Also, the spin on oil filter didn't come into use until the 60's. Before that you had to replace an oil filter cartridge. Oils are far better today allowing extended change intervals.
People had to stop in the middle of trips to have the oil changed.
I'll go back to my nap now. :-)
Old 02-14-2001, 11:04 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by ohboiya
Hey English teacher, learn proper spelling and grammer yourself. If you can't do it, don't correct other people.

Old 02-15-2001, 06:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff92se
[I]Gee maybe your mechanic and I(including Shing and Bill) are on the same page then? Wouldn't that mean him and us are telling you the same thing? As many have said before, color is NOT an accurate way of determining oil condition(that's a fact) "Does it get dirty no matter what?" No it doesn't. I've posted many links to state why oil can last longer. But I have not seen even one legitimate link posted to prove otherwise. Maybe you can help me here??

On the other hand, you state that oil gets dirty even after 3k right? But you still change it 5k?? And now at 7.5k w/ Mobil 1? What exactly is your point? Not to listen to us but to take our advice anyway? I really don't care what people do with their cars. But I would be a shame to see someone take the WRONG advice. I've seen some people "want" to do some pretty dumb things to their car on this board. If people like Shing, Bill etc.. DIDN'T speak and and advise them maybe they shouldn't do that particular thing, some people might have ended up w/ some screwed up cars.

My point is I change my oil when I feel I need to, I've been doing this for years. I've never even read your facts about engine oil and when I started using Mobil1, 7500 miles was my own interval change, not because I read your post. Don't use the analogy about if you change your oil using synthetic oil at less than the interval YOU specified that you might as well change your tires at 1/3 tread. Friends on this forum take you and everyone as being a smart ***. Post your facts and leave it be, how difficult is that?? Your help is appreciated more than you'll ever know, but just post the facts and leave it be. Can you point me to the link about engine oil not getting dirty? I'd like to read that. No hard feelings brother....but the fact remains is that I change and do service on my vehicle when I know in my heart that my Max will appreciate it. I still dont have any complaints from her...and can you find anyone else on this board that has a S/C and 170,000 miles with the same engine and transmission off the showroom floor. *knocking on wood* hehehehe
It's all good man.

Peace.

Tim
Old 02-15-2001, 06:43 AM

Emm, why is it that everyone chooses to ignore the facts? No, I can care less if you want to change you oil every 100 miles. The reason we post is to present the facts, which is Mobile 1 synthetic is good for over 7500 miles. What's with the attitude anyways? It's attitude like yours that makes people not want to help... thus making the forums useless.

No one here is force feeding you to change you oil every xxxx miles. Only thing we are pointing out is you don't have to do it every 3000. What's so bad about that?

Ma'bad man...no attitude...thanks for your facts and your opinion. But can I ask at what point you think we should change our oil? All the facts you present say that we dont have to change the oil at the national specified intervals, but how about you fellas, when should I change my oil? I dont have access to a Lab here and I sure as hell hate chemistry, so I cant check the contents of my engine oil.
Just curious. No hard feelings man, you've helped me plenty of times....

Tim
Old 02-15-2001, 06:45 AM

Re: hehe.....

BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

YADA YADA YADA

Quick Reply: How frequently are u supposed 2 change your engine oil?