Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   Newest member of the FI team =) (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/220927-newest-member-fi-team.html)

meccanoble 04-06-2004 10:52 PM

Newest member of the FI team =)

OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, i have finally been exposed to boost! I have been holding this secret for a minute and now that its finally here, it feels so good to let it out my chest.

Meccanoble aka noob numba 1 has a V2 supercharger pushing 10 psi, possibly even 11. I spent the entire day driving like crazy to break this bad boy in, and after putting 150 miles in one day, i finally did my first push, and was amazed to see 10 - 11 psi before the rev limiter kicked in. This thing pulls like nothing i have ever seen.

This is honestly the happiest day of my life...sort of reminds me of when i first got my super nintendo. So much to say, so little time. Pics and video's will be coming soon :)

liqidvenom 04-06-2004 11:06 PM

damn even u went boost? i feel really slow now. i must save money now.

liqidvenom 04-06-2004 11:09 PM

i think ive seen ur car on campus a couple of times. For some odd reason i thought u were white and i keept on seeing the cefiro on a max at school and seen this black guy hop out and i never thought it could have been you. Aim me if u head up to school i wanna see the blower and drool in person.

meccanoble 04-06-2004 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i think ive seen ur car on campus a couple of times. For some odd reason i thought u were white and i keept on seeing the cefiro on a max at school and seen this black guy hop out and i never thought it could have been you. Aim me if u head up to school i wanna see the blower and drool in person.

got class early :) i sent you an IM. I remember seeing your car around too

happyricefob 04-06-2004 11:30 PM

lol mecca... congrat :thumbsup:

time to change your sig! :D

MrGone 04-06-2004 11:52 PM

All I can say is its about damn time :thumbsup:

I always had a feeling I'd see you on the list ;)

optimus310 04-07-2004 12:06 AM

damn mecca! thats awesome... congrats on that big mod, I will be there someday :D

meccanoble 04-07-2004 12:28 AM

thanks guys, BTW, this sh!t is quiet as balls! Maybe cause its a new blower (yes not rebuilt but new :)), the blitz BOV is super quiet, i have to like shift high just to get a good PUSH sound out of it. JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!!!!!! WOOT!

metallic97gxe 04-07-2004 03:28 AM

sweet man congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaximaGXE93 04-07-2004 03:35 AM

Good ****. I hope you don't end up selling your S/C to get a Turbo instead :P

Confused 04-07-2004 04:46 AM

Congrats!! :naughty:

meccanoble 04-07-2004 04:55 AM

woot, and it starts. I just got 01 14 code: Fuel INJ Sys Right bank:rich. For now i'll take that as be easy on car but can someone tell me what this means? new higher end injectors needed?

MaxedOutOfCash 04-07-2004 05:09 AM

oh man...finally!!!
i was just about to spill everything i know about this project in OT!!!

j/k...i wouldn't say nothing.....

you better be at the GSP meet on the 25th !!!

Max4Speed 04-07-2004 05:18 AM

Alriteeeee.. You will def enjoy it until you get your ars kicked by a SCed Z28 :-( and then you might end up selling it.

Sprint 04-07-2004 05:24 AM

so you have a twin turbo kit and a supercharger :eek: :eek: :bowdown:

meccanoble 04-07-2004 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by MaxedOutOfCash
oh man...finally!!!
i was just about to spill everything i know about this project in OT!!!

j/k...i wouldn't say nothing.....

you better be at the GSP meet on the 25th !!!

u guys are funny. I got work that day :(. Dam, i may be able to stop by at night :). Oh, whats up wit the prasat guy? u think he'll be down for a little one on one combat? ;)

JAY25 04-07-2004 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by meccanoble
woot, and it starts. I just got 01 14 code: Fuel INJ Sys Right bank:rich. For now i'll take that as be easy on car but can someone tell me what this means? new higher end injectors needed?

Get a SAFC and dyno tune that thing. I got that code when I first installed my blower. Clear it away, you may get it two more times and it wont come back so relax. Your running very rich in the midrange RPMs.

Question, is Arnauds BOV louder then yours? You both have the same BOV:confused:

ilumo 04-07-2004 07:03 AM

Yea... like Jay25 said. You probably ARE rich, so get to a dyno with an AFC, do the runs, get the graphs, and see where your AFR is really low. Then lean those areas out with the AFC. Now if you need an AFC, I have a brand new afc2 for sale ;) Congrats and enjoy the boost!! :grinno:

liquid: need a S/C.. I got a shiny new one right here if you're interested ;)

nupe500 04-07-2004 07:13 AM

wow...MEcca joins the ranks...congrats...must be nice to have the $$$ for a SC...ok..:thumbsup:

meccanoble 04-07-2004 07:38 AM

rich? does that mean i can be even faster?! HOLY SH!T!!!!

yo jay thanks for clearing that up, i thought i would need new injectors. MY BOV is quiet as hell. I think its probably the same loudness as Arnaud's but his car is just in general louder than mine, most likely cause he has carbon fiber hood so you can hear the charger working louder.

I cleared it away and it hasnt come back yet. Also what i seen happening was when i'm going real fast and i just throw car in neutral (hate down shifting to slow down and i hate keeping it in gear when i slow down) car seems to cut off as if i put car on ON. I just push start (throw it in gear) and it starts back up...did this a few times. Normally what does this mean?

Conrad283 04-07-2004 07:52 AM

:worthless:

Congrats Mecca

gtr_rider 04-07-2004 08:01 AM

So where are the pics?

:festive:

MaximaPolak 04-07-2004 08:04 AM

CONGRATS MAN. Wait until you see some 5.5 gens with turbo.....:devil:

jesse 04-07-2004 08:11 AM

niiiiiiiice, get those pics and vids up, cant wait to see! :)

MaximaRider 04-07-2004 08:52 AM

Congrats Mecca, we'll have to go at it when I get back to NJ ;-p

ohannon7 04-07-2004 09:01 AM

lucky bish...........

C MAX 04-07-2004 09:01 AM

congrats and welcome to fI :bowdown: what pulley are you running 3.125, if you are you need to get 370 injs and some sort of computer management lke jwt. but get used to it with fI you'll be seeing a lot of codes especially after 9lbs i just got a purge valve code, they said it cant handle over 10lbs i dont know, so be prepared cause your pushing some good hp.

meccanoble 04-07-2004 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by C MAX
congrats and welcome to fI :bowdown: what pulley are you running 3.125, if you are you need to get 370 injs and some sort of computer management lke jwt. but get used to it with fI you'll be seeing a lot of codes especially after 9lbs i just got a purge valve code, they said it cant handle over 10lbs i dont know, so be prepared cause your pushing some good hp.

scaring me dawg :). Well the code hasnt showed its ugly face again. I tend to smell fuel though. I just changed my wheel bearing and my car is so quiet. I just took two small video's and i swear from inside u cant even tell i have a SC. I do have the 3.125 pulley but i dont see 10-11 psi until i'm at like redline...i guess its the mevi helping me out? :gotme:

Maximarider, you have better setup than me (i dont have cold air setup) plus your car is lighter :(. I'm not beating you :shy:

but i'll still love to race :grin:

meccanoble 04-07-2004 10:28 AM

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...1_386_full.jpg

here's a pic. Working on videos but have nowhere to upload :(

JAY25 04-07-2004 10:39 AM

scaring me dawg :). Well the code hasnt showed its ugly face again. I tend to smell fuel though. I just changed my wheel bearing and my car is so quiet. I just took two small video's and i swear from inside u cant even tell i have a SC. I do have the 3.125 pulley but i dont see 10-11 psi until i'm at like redline...i guess its the mevi helping me out? :gotme:

Maximarider, you have better setup than me (i dont have cold air setup) plus your car is lighter :(. I'm not beating you :shy:
but i'll still love to race :grin:

cut that out. SImple you need to find a place that sells mandrel bend pipes. Buy a 3 inch Ubend and hack it in half. Go to NAPA and buy a 10 inch 3 inch Heater hose for a 18 wheeler. Go to this website www.hotrod-offroad.com
and tell them you want a KN filter RU3530. I paid $35 shipped for my KN for the CAI

NT2SHBBY 04-07-2004 11:31 AM

congrats fellow blunted member......

my 3.5 will still own joo tho... ;) :nod:

liqidvenom 04-07-2004 02:50 PM

i saw his car and im very jealous.

meccanoble 04-07-2004 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
congrats fellow blunted member......

my 3.5 will still own joo tho... ;) :nod:

yea, i heard you beat don's 2004 honda accord 2 door 6 speed with CAI and pulley :rolleyes:

joke :) thanks.

Well i'm not in a rush for more boost just want to make sure things are running properly. Will SAFC do the job of tuning?

erty67 04-07-2004 05:41 PM

:shock: sweet! I want boost:(

NickStam 04-07-2004 06:09 PM

IB it's broken in 2 weeks

deezo 04-07-2004 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by NickStam

:laugh:...................

jesse 04-07-2004 07:42 PM

haha

looks awesome man, im jealous!

meccanoble 04-07-2004 07:57 PM

dont jinx me :deezo:

NT2SHBBY 04-08-2004 05:17 AM

yea, i heard you beat don's 2004 honda accord 2 door 6 speed with CAI and pulley :rolleyes:

we never ran......I want him to come out to LI, where I know the roads and am confident we could get a sweet run, but he wants to run out in Jersey, of which I am not confident about

either way, its well known the maxima has MUCH more down low power than any honduh ever will have. Topend tho, should be interesting :naughty:

one of these days......

MaxedOutOfCash 04-08-2004 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
we never ran......I want him to come out to LI, where I know the roads and am confident we could get a sweet run, but he wants to run out in Jersey, of which I am not confident about

either way, its well known the maxima has MUCH more down low power than any honduh ever will have. Topend tho, should be interesting :naughty:

one of these days......

those things are really quick man... my ex gf has a v6 auto and it runs sweet... should be interesting to see you two run....
but take it to the track instead of the streets :thumbsup: