General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

C/F hood and trunklid

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Zog

Originally Posted by FLAVOR247
Broaner

The reason I say Paradox is I feel they have a better customer service with a quicker turn around time.
Jose is hard to get a hold of, as MaxMoJo (screenname) responds rather quickly.
At this time, I am not too happy with Ionic.

Why would anyone do that??????
Old 09-15-2004, 07:17 PM

Sorry but i'm not going to paint them....maybe the outer edge but not the whole thing.....

And for the headlights and taillights..it will have to wait when i'm done with my friends project car....

My Stillen type II wing modifications are almost done...soon to be reinstalled.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Bacon Lover

The reason I say Paradox is I feel they have a better customer service with a quicker turn around time.
I'll remember that...
Old 09-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Flavor247 - Thank you for your comments. I do try to respond to people as soon as possible.. I don't know if this is a sign of good customer service or just too much free time on my hands

The CF trunk lids are hand made, and have an average turn around time of approximately 2 weeks. To get the process started, I would require a non-refundable (only to avoid someone ordering one and cancelling after its already been made) deposit of 50% up front and the rest upon delivery.

I will say this however, quality is very important, if something is not right after being manufactured and we catch it, it will be taken care of. If you catch it upon delivery, we will take care of it then as well. This may delay the process but I feel its more important to get a quality product to the customer.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

jose will get your stuff like i told u he is busy he is in the process of moving this store and warehouse u will get your stuff. he is the only one that make products such as these we should thank him for all the stuff he makes.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:36 PM

just wondering r u happy with hte trunklid???????
Old 09-16-2004, 02:41 AM
brotherhood of tq

i like the car and im glad that u like your tails. go altezzas!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by krmaxima
just wondering r u happy with hte trunklid???????
The trunklid has many imperfections beginning with the wavy weave pattern to bigger gaps compared to factory.. And lately..after it's been under the sun for a few days...the underskeleton pattern can be slightly seen from above.... i even had to sand down the underskeleton to make things look better under... and resprayed it w/ black paint.

honestly i've seen his other work (and the main reason i order from him) and had better quality than what i got...

Eric
Old 09-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by krmaxima
jose will get your stuff like i told u he is busy he is in the process of moving this store and warehouse u will get your stuff. he is the only one that make products such as these we should thank him for all the stuff he makes.

That may be, but he should stay in contact with his customers and keep them updated . I was told I would recieve my items in 4 weeks. Its now been 6 weeks and counting.
Jose may be a good guy, im not stating hes not. What I am saying is his customer service needs work. When im told my items are ready and will be shipped out and then dont because they forgot, thats not good business.
Especially when they dont call me and let me know, but I am the one who has to make a long distance call to find out where my items are is even worse. They should take the responsiblity and keep me notified of the situation.
Ive already spent a "g" with ionic and I know for a fact Ive sent him some business. I was the first one with the CF lip and to post it. My car is on his site.Many have asked me about the lip and where to get it both online and in person. I have no doubt I will get my items. The question is when.
I emailed him again last night stating my disatisfaction and have heard nothing. Good business is built on having happy customers.
It only takes one unhappy customer to spread word of mouth to hurt business as you can se in this thread I am not the only one having issues.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:00 AM

ok i know what happen to him and its a setback. i really cant say until he tells everyone but he did have a misfortune. Anyways. good luck, im meeting him next week hopefull if eveything is ok with him.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Just got an update, looks like my items still havent shipped due to a misfortune Jose was in, me giving him the benifit of doubt that it is true.
So now Im going on 7 weeks before I recieve my items. GREAT!
Ralph: You may be right that my customer service needs a little more attention but your manners also have to be something that you have to pay attention to. It seams like you are forgetting some things that made your order "special". In the first case I didn't have the 95-96 rear valance molds available for CF manufacturing, but after numerous emails from you I had a new set of mold made specially for your order. Since we didn't have time to make them I had another shop do the tooling for us, that took some time. You also ordered a spark plug cover from us at the same time and you asked for a discount on top of the GD price, and I agreed to that.

You make all of this sound like you ordered something that I have listed on my site advertised as "ready to ship" on "in stock", all of your parts will be shipped as soon as I can and remeber I went out of my way to make a new set of molds so you could have a set of CF rear valances..

And even though I explained exactly what happened to me (the car jacking, robbery) you still go on line and post this hat you are going on 7 weeks and still waiting for your items.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:42 PM

EZEMaxima,

Here is a very ("ROUGH") idea of what your trunk & tail lights could look like. Keep in mind the word ("Rough") I only spent about 5 minutes on this photo & i did it in friggin Microsoft paint. I don't have Photoshop @ the pad or I could have done a extremely professional job for you.
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...&id=4143609274

Also, I was wondering how your vehicle would look with the roof painted either black or possibly airbrushed to simulate the CF look. That way your CF them is more of a solid stripe down the center of the car. Personnally I thought it looked best with everything the custom blue color. The car just doesn't look broken up into segments that way.

And for who ever is molding these CF trunk lids, you may want to consider making 2 molds for the them (1 with tail lights, 1 without). It would probably look 100x's cleaner with just the outter tail lights anyway.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:43 PM

Other than the tailights, the car looks hot. You have excellent taste.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by nostrixoxide
EZEMaxima,

Here is a very ("ROUGH") idea of what your trunk & tail lights could look like. Keep in mind the word ("Rough") I only spent about 5 minutes on this photo & i did it in friggin Microsoft paint. I don't have Photoshop @ the pad or I could have done a extremely professional job for you.
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...&id=4143609274

Also, I was wondering how your vehicle would look with the roof painted either black or possibly airbrushed to simulate the CF look. That way your CF them is more of a solid stripe down the center of the car. Personnally I thought it looked best with everything the custom blue color. The car just doesn't look broken up into segments that way.
Nostrixoxide,

Hehehe....don't like that black inner and color matched outer taillights look you did.

I already considered the idea of placing real C/F on the roof and along the pillars...i like it but i don't have the time right now and i just got my car painted (if i found the place to buy the raw C/F materials before painting then it's a different story). The sidemirrors are next after the wing and is easier and doesn't require too much downtime since i drive my car everyday rain or shine....

Nathan...the tails will be taken care off soon.

If i ever source a cheap dash...I'll be doing that too along with a custom centerconsole......in C/F too. If you want too see a dash (toyota tacoma..we all know nobody makes a C/F dash for it) that my friend did..email me at EZEMaxima@aol.com..i'll send you a pic of the dash...

I'll keep you guys posted!!!!
Eric
Old 09-18-2004, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by EZEMaxima
Nostrixoxide,

Hehehe....don't like that black inner and color matched outer taillights look you did.

I already considered the idea of placing real C/F on the roof and along the pillars...i like it but i don't have the time right now and i just got my car painted (if i found the place to buy the raw C/F materials before painting then it's a different story). The sidemirrors are next after the wing and is easier and doesn't require too much downtime since i drive my car everyday rain or shine....

Nathan...the tails will be taken care off soon.

If i ever source a cheap dash...I'll be doing that too along with a custom centerconsole......in C/F too. If you want too see a dash (toyota tacoma..we all know nobody makes a C/F dash for it) that my friend did..email me at EZEMaxima@aol.com..i'll send you a pic of the dash...

I'll keep you guys posted!!!!
Eric
No problem, just thought you would want to see what the Skyline mod might look like on your ride. Best bet would probably just be keep the chrome outters & use some CF inners to match the deck lid. Otherwise Red/Clear...
Old 09-19-2004, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by nostrixoxide
No problem, just thought you would want to see what the Skyline mod might look like on your ride. Best bet would probably just be keep the chrome outters & use some CF inners to match the deck lid. Otherwise Red/Clear...
I have the red/clear tails sitting someplace around my house....too plain for my taste....It will be the same tails i have on now just modded to better compliment the C/F trunk...
Old 09-20-2004, 11:18 AM
2060lbs and falling...

So you don't want the R/C's? Are they brand new and not scratched. I'll take them off your hands. Give me a price range and I'll give you mine.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:25 PM

i was wondering if anyone has ever done the skyline taillight conversion on the maxima yet...nice job, taillights are cool but not my style..
Old 09-20-2004, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Broaner
So you don't want the R/C's? Are they brand new and not scratched. I'll take them off your hands. Give me a price range and I'll give you mine.

Do you just need the outer tails? I need to check it then i'll let you know...give me an offer considering the shipping will be more.

Eric
Old 09-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I did get my CF lip and engine cover from Jose a few weeks back. I didn't mind the wait as long as the parts are good.