Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   The unveiling of Supa MAX!!!!!(PICS) 56k beware (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/261895-unveiling-supa-max-pics-56k-beware.html)

SPiG 11-08-2004 10:00 AM

The BMW black on chris's car is a lot darker than kh3. Hopefully with 7 coats the paint will be a little bit more resistant to scratches and chips. My paint is probably a little faded being about 10 years old, but chris's black just looked incredible.

black on black crime :lol:

Today I am going to go get much needed tint. 20% all the way around with 5% band on windshield. It will be much better than the purple, bubbly, and blurry sh*t that I have on there right now. I can barely see out of my back windshield b/c it is so blurry.

Anyway I can't wait to see what your car will look light with the 5.5 HIDs and the BBK. Are you going to try to get the rear BBK?

MaximaOnDaRize 11-08-2004 10:04 AM

man thats beautiful. what springs do u have thats its too low

PearlWhtMaX2000 11-08-2004 10:07 AM

car looks Great!!! but i think it stood out, and looked a bit better before though.

chris'smax 11-08-2004 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by h2kSPiG
The BMW black on chris's car is a lot darker than kh3. Hopefully with 7 coats the paint will be a little bit more resistant to scratches and chips. My paint is probably a little faded being about 10 years old, but chris's black just looked incredible.

black on black crime :lol:

Today I am going to go get much needed tint. 20% all the way around with 5% band on windshield. It will be much better than the purple, bubbly, and blurry sh*t that I have on there right now. I can barely see out of my back windshield b/c it is so blurry.

Anyway I can't wait to see what your car will look light with the 5.5 HIDs and the BBK. Are you going to try to get the rear BBK?

Nah no rear bbk, just saving up for headers right now. I wanna check out the tint sometime this week. Lets meet up wednesday night.

Zero Deuce SE 11-08-2004 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by jkklim
thats a hot looking car man

It's really going to get hot in the sun. :grinno:

Prophecy1 11-08-2004 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by chris'smax
I don't understand how painting the car black makes it look like a show car, but hey it's cool if it does. I changed it because i just wasn't a fan of sterling silver and i have always loved black cars so i just went with what i liked. Thanks for the honest criticism though

Your miss reading me.. Prolly my fault. Your previous color looked more unique and I thought would be more succesfull in shows. I dunno I see alot of modded black maxes and its nice to see sterling mist looking all sexy. The body kit looks good, man my next max will be in some local shows and your car made me consider sterling mist for my next car.

Anyways you should work on that interior ahhhhhhhh

Proph

theblackmax455 11-08-2004 01:13 PM

SHIFT_INEEDATOWEL

Nice car man!!

icelandmaxima 11-08-2004 01:26 PM

Gorgeous!!

ohannon7 11-08-2004 02:49 PM

wow, so much nicer. the Lip is a big improvement. black looks awsome when its kept clean, especially such a quality color black, good work!!

any plans to do a 5speed swap?

chris'smax 11-08-2004 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Prophecy1
Your miss reading me.. Prolly my fault. Your previous color looked more unique and I thought would be more succesfull in shows. I dunno I see alot of modded black maxes and its nice to see sterling mist looking all sexy. The body kit looks good, man my next max will be in some local shows and your car made me consider sterling mist for my next car.

Anyways you should work on that interior ahhhhhhhh

Proph

Thanks for the compliments, i probably just misread what you said. Although the sterling mist may have been unique, i guess i just got tired of it. I have always had black cars so i guess i was missing it. Yeah i am going to do a few interior accents but nothing to serious. I go to LSU so i don't want to have to deal with hoping people don't jack my tv's and all that mess. Most of the things i have right now would take a skilled mechanic to take off quick.

chris'smax 11-08-2004 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by ohannon7
wow, so much nicer. the Lip is a big improvement. black looks awsome when its kept clean, especially such a quality color black, good work!!

any plans to do a 5speed swap?

Thanks bro, no plans for 5 speed swap. If the tranny goes, which i hope to god it doesn't, there will deffinetly be a regeared bullet proof tranny made to put in this beast. I have to drive this car everyday in stop and go traffic so right now the 5 speed is not worth it.

chris'smax 11-08-2004 04:36 PM

i would just like to thank everyone for the compliments and critcism. And for those who don't like :sprint2: . HAHA Just kidding

vsamoylov 11-08-2004 06:51 PM

i like it. they painted the inside of the doors also? how much it run you? kinda stinks thought they didnt paint the engine bay. black looks better though and rims look nice also. maybe a 5 speed later? and a black interior? u want a dash from a 2k2 max? lol i got one for sale also with a carpet and roof linear and all the palstic pillar covers. basically everything except the seats and door panels nad rear deck. let me know.

liqidvenom 11-08-2004 07:19 PM

your car is lookin really nice..is your sc intercooled?

Chris91SE 11-08-2004 07:29 PM

yummy..... BMW colors rock! :wall:

BLKMAX005SPD 11-08-2004 08:32 PM

hey if you don't mind me asking...how much did it cost to roll your fenders?
looks awesome

SPiG 11-09-2004 08:07 AM

To get a maxima that low you have to have coilovers. Chris you have Toser or something like that right. Very rare coilovers.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hlight=headers

Chris get a 3" exhaust, Please!!! get it custom if you have to

or you can just make it easier for me to be the fastest Black maxima in Baton Rouge, which is fine

chris'smax 11-09-2004 08:33 AM

To get a maxima that low you have to have coilovers. Chris you have Toser or something like that right. Very rare coilovers.

or you can just make it easier for me to be the fastest Black maxima in Baton Rouge, which is fine

How bout this? we'll just do both. Today i am going to call warpspeed to check and see if i can get him to make me custom 3" y pipe and i will order the rest of the pieces for the cat back. Then around christmas i can get the headers. That way you can keep staring at my beautiful taillights :hide:

carnal_c30 11-09-2004 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by chris'smax
In my opinion when seeing a side by side comparison, this bmw jet black puts the stock nissan black to shame.

you are correct :D

only trouble is now you have to keep that bish clean and swirl free!!!

looks awesome man

chenzarino 11-09-2004 10:29 AM

oooo shiny.

chris'smax 11-09-2004 03:08 PM

Spig i just solved the 3" exhaust problem. Check this link out. Credit IceY2k1

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

SPiG 11-09-2004 10:57 PM

Yeah that cutout is boost activated. That actually may be a good setup for a SC. I would get a 3" y pipe and then the cutout and then the b pipe and muffler that you have now. Turbo can use a 3" always b/c the better flow helps it spool faster. With a SC you would loose some torque while you are not boosting with a 3" I would think. Another option is an electric cutout. I would also be careful of that exhaust cutout hitting the ground with you being so low.

If you really want the headers just get them. Personally I would rather this:
http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/gr...s/gt40r-01.jpg

chris'smax 11-10-2004 06:31 AM

If you really want the headers just get them. Personally I would rather this:
http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/g...rs/gt40r-01.jpg

To me it looks like a turbo

Ninos_Maxima 11-10-2004 06:47 AM

How much did it cost, I want to change the color of my car too,

rob van dam 11-10-2004 01:43 PM

looks good. If i wouldve gotten a color change i personally wouldve gone with a more "custom" looking color that would make the car stand out WAY more. black is pretty plain...looks good though.

Wisky97SE 11-10-2004 03:19 PM

Looks great with the new front lip - but it looks as good as it does black as it did silver.

95bkackmax18s 11-10-2004 06:28 PM

looks really nice, in like it, but for some reason, i like the 'old' look of your max, but over all, sweet.

DieselFX82 11-11-2004 02:32 PM

IMHO I liked the car before. Everyone has the Aero lip and your car stood out alot more.

chris'smax 11-11-2004 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by DieselFX82
IMHO I liked the car before. Everyone has the Aero lip and your car stood out alot more.

I know sometimes i loved it and most of the time i thought it looked kinda ricey. I guess i am just trying to give my car the more refined look.

panda_1 11-11-2004 09:30 PM

its simply georgeous, i have always loved the beamers pure black. congrata on the change!!!