Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   Who do you tend to let in on the highway? (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/334770-who-do-you-tend-let-highway.html)

TheGame 12-23-2005 06:41 AM

Who do you tend to let in on the highway?

I have always wondered if people are as weird as me. When you are on the highway and someone is trying to merge on are you more likely to let anyone , a nissan, a maxima of any year, your specific generation max, or do you hate everyone equally. I have noticed that other 6th gens tend to let me in more often then other gen's. Altima's gennerally never let me in and seem to challenge me and then I'm forced to get in front of them and spray them with exhaust vapor...lol I'm just curious as to what everyone else does.

Chris

Iron Scimitar 12-23-2005 06:44 AM

i hate anyone and everyone on the road.

TXT-1 12-23-2005 06:59 AM

I let eveyone on equally. What is the point of trying to block someone out? They will either cut you off to get in or someone else will let them in. Life is too short to play those kinds of games IMO.

And this is a stupid poll.....

Metal Maxima 12-23-2005 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by TXT-1
I let eveyone on equally. What is the point of trying to block someone out? They will either cut you off to get in or someone else will let them in. Life is too short to play those kinds of games IMO.

:sprint:

Why risk it?

Ludxima 12-23-2005 07:09 AM

I agree with the two previous posts

TheGame 12-23-2005 07:23 AM

Then you should have just passed it by.......

I didn't mean that you'd go out of your way to block someone out, just that you make an "extra" effort or go out of your way to let someone in. Here in NYC some drivers are rough and make a sport of not letting you in.

GBAUER 12-23-2005 07:37 AM

In MD, it doesn't matter if you "let them in" or not, if they want in, they'll get in! And, the part that blows my mind, after they cut you off they always give what I call the MD wave. It's a normal wave, but given in such a mannor as to say, "sorry I just nearly took out your front bumper to squeeze my 8 ton SUV into traffic, but, you know, I waved so you forgive me, right?". Stupid soccer moms!

chernmax 12-23-2005 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by GBAUER
In MD, it doesn't matter if you "let them in" or not, if they want in, they'll get in! And, the part that blows my mind, after they cut you off they always give what I call the MD wave. It's a normal wave, but given in such a mannor as to say, "sorry I just nearly took out your front bumper to squeeze my 8 ton SUV into traffic, but, you know, I waved so you forgive me, right?". Stupid soccer moms!

Yeh but I give them the New York Wave back...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/chernmax/0545.jpg

Normally I do let anyone merge for safety, nothing is worth getting my car dinged. That's why body shops in New York never go out of business...:chuckle:

naijai 12-23-2005 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Iron Scimitar
i hate anyone and everyone on the road.

same here no one get in my way cause they are usually moving out of it

Deckdout2 12-23-2005 08:44 AM

Anyone that know's how to use a signal, and anyone that knows how to merge without breaking my stride.

btw, no one here is as weird as you......kthnxbye :D

NmexMAX 12-23-2005 08:49 AM

:thread:

:topic:

97SEdriver 12-23-2005 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX

I think you're avatar should read, most negative postwhore.

I think most drivers of the same car are slightly more friendly to one another, jeeps, vettes, bikes it's a given.
2.5 Altima people do seem to want to challenge you, the others I don't see a difference.

AscendantMax 12-23-2005 09:14 AM

this should go in the OT forum...

anyhow, i let everyone in. there's no point in risking the chance of them TRYING to squeeze in and damaging your car. or imagine you're trying to merge onto traffic, i'm sure you would like someone nice enough to let you in.

Nismotic 12-23-2005 09:15 AM

If i see that drivers didn't cut on the left lane and speed all the way up to the top and try to cut in, ill most likely let them in. Also, it depends if they ask to jump into the lane as well. A lot of assssholes in PA try to turn on their blinkers and jump in. I hate that.

Northern Maxima 12-23-2005 09:43 AM

There is only one 4 lane highway in my town and I never drive on it but whenever I'm in another city on the highway I tend to let everybody in equally.

Jime 12-23-2005 10:43 AM

Cars that don't have signal lights I don't let in. Those include, BMW's, Mercedes, Caddie's, etc. Funny all the cheaper cars come with signal lights.

Nismotic 12-23-2005 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jime
Cars that don't have signal lights I don't let in. Those include, BMW's, Mercedes, Caddie's, etc. Funny all the cheaper cars come with signal lights.

High End cars drive like fcuking idiots where they feel they own the road, so they think you're suppose to let them in.

DrKlop 12-23-2005 10:51 AM

To me it doesn’t depend on the vehicle. If I see that he/she will not make me slow down and there’s a sufficient room, or if I see that someone really needs to get in front of me than yes. If someone jumps around from one lane to another and cuts everyone off, there’s no way that guy is getting in front of me. Also, if there’s enough room but I see that person switching lanes very slowly and at speed slower than mine I usually don’t brake until the last moment (given that there’s no cars behind me) – which usually never happens because that guy gets scared by the fact that I’m not slowing down and jumps back to his lane.

LedFut 12-23-2005 11:32 AM

If you bother to use your signal, I'll let you in every time...

MDeezy 12-23-2005 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nismotic
If i see that drivers didn't cut on the left lane and speed all the way up to the top and try to cut in, ill most likely let them in.

I agree. Usually let most people in, sometimes I dont see them till its too late, but I'll usually drive extra slow to give them time to jump in.

There are a few roads where there is only one lane going straight, and another turning lane. People will ride the turning lane all the way to the light, then stop block the people behinnd that want to turn, and put on their signal hoping to get in front of everyone else whos been waiting for a while. . . . Bastards.

vansskaterfreek 12-23-2005 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima

Why risk it?

LOL at his signature...........i really dont let anyone in....but if they are gonna be an ******* about it.. i definately wont.. i ran a pickup off of the road because he was being an ******* riding up along the lane that was gonna end.. he was pushing near me and i didnt move..... then there was no shoulder and he went into the grass!!!

Northern Maxima 12-23-2005 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by vansskaterfreek
LOL at his signature...........i really dont let anyone in....but if they are gonna be an ******* about it.. i definately wont.. i ran a pickup off of the road because he was being an ******* riding up along the lane that was gonna end.. he was pushing near me and i didnt move..... then there was no shoulder and he went into the grass!!!

Something about those truck drivers always trying to squeeze in...a couple weeks ago I had a pickup pass me and another car on the righ shoulder beside me in a snowstorm! I was so mad I was hoping he'd get run off into the ditch.

DrKlop 12-23-2005 04:22 PM

I'd let that guy in, if there's a empty lane why not use it. :chuckle:

ramberg 12-23-2005 06:13 PM

I let them in. I don't want them to hit my car.

ramberg 12-23-2005 06:17 PM

That takes brains. You both could have been fu*ked up. You have alot to learn about driving young man.

blacmax02 12-23-2005 06:33 PM

I don't know about drivers on the east coast, but on I-5 in cal you tend to get a line of cars on the left passing one slow truck on the right. Invariably, some guy decides to fly past on the right and cut in right before they slam into the trailer. Those are the guys I don't let in. Anyone else, hey, if you can go faster than my Max, you're welcome to come in!

James92SE 12-23-2005 07:11 PM

I generally let hot chicks and MILF's in :gotme:

konak85 12-23-2005 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX

party pooper:chairshot

Glude 12-23-2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE

Very nice 3gen.

vansskaterfreek 12-23-2005 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ramberg
That takes brains. You both could have been fu*ked up. You have alot to learn about driving young man.

well if there is an empty space behind me to slide in.......he has brakes.....but when the lane has about 30 more feet and you are still beside me......im no tmoving over.... learn to use the brakes!!!!! slide in behind me man..im not gonna waste my time and my energy to hit my brakes and say...go ahead illl let you cut me off and fling rocks and **** into my windsheild when you hit the shoulder of the highway!

Originally Posted by James92SE

he he.......only sometimes and only if they are in maximas.....screw civics..LOL:hide:

ramberg 12-24-2005 02:52 AM

[QUOTE=vansskaterfreek]well if there is an empty space behind me to slide in.......he has brakes.....but when the lane has about 30 more feet and you are still beside me......im no tmoving over.... learn to use the brakes!!!!! slide in behind me man..im not gonna waste my time and my energy to hit my brakes and say...go ahead illl let you cut me off and fling rocks and **** into my windsheild when you hit the shoulder of the highway!

I understand what you are saying, but take it it from a old man. Its not worth it if you get hurt. Be a better man and let the as*holes in.

Warren

njmaxseltd 12-24-2005 05:24 AM

:sprint: Couldn't have said that any better myself. If everybody would drive like that the roads would be much more fun to drive on.

|Bijan| 12-24-2005 07:41 AM

People who I think deserve to merge, get to merge....

Usually if they have their blinker on, and are patient, I'll be the 1 to let them in. Regardless of what car....but yea Ive favored Nissans above others.

vansskaterfreek 12-24-2005 08:26 AM

i was in my mom's car yesterday and some 80 year old lady flipped me the hell off!!!!! ............it was pretty funny and yeah i did let her in.. i was laughing too hard.. iwish i had a camera there!

Metal Maxima 12-24-2005 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by 97SEdriver
I think you're avatar should read, most negative postwhore.

:thread: :thread:

Wisky97SE 12-24-2005 10:11 AM

I dont care if they drive a Lexus, or a Nissan. If they look like they are driving like an *******, and im in an edgy mood, I might give them a hard time. I wish I could just not care and never get angry or annoyed at anyone on the road, I wouldn't be as stressed and annoyed on the road.

Maxima lover 12-24-2005 10:29 AM

I will normally let just about anyone in that uses their signal and are actually going the speed of the traffic on the highway when they merge. I do seem to make in extra effort to let Maximas in. I have noticed most Maxima drivers do the same back. I seem to make the extra effort for some other Nissans too like the 350Z.

Haibert88 12-24-2005 11:18 AM

Yea I tend to let Maximas in more than other cars...they didn't say anything about that in driving school :hs:

2 Da Max 12-24-2005 10:30 PM

i love to rear end ppl and exit off as quickly as possilbe

Vlasic 12-24-2005 11:47 PM

I dont speed up and not let them in, but I dont slow down either, if someone wants to merge in then they either need to speed up or slow down. Its not my job to change my speed to accomidate them. When you are getting on to a freeway you are suppose ot be going fastr then the flow of traffic.