Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   How bad are your roads? (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/401818-how-bad-your-roads.html)

bwinter7 07-11-2007 11:13 AM

How bad are your roads?

I noticed the other day that the roads around Albany are really beating on my baby, I need a new ball joint, struts, and now a new tire because one of them got popped by a nail stuck in a stress fracture in the road. I realize that I live in the North, and the roads are probably much worse here, than in the South. I have driven in NC, and they didn't seem to be that much better. I hear everyone complain that the roads suck where they are, but does anyone have "good" roads for the most part?

Greeny 07-11-2007 11:32 AM

Tennessee has just about the best roads i have ever seen in any state..

http://info.tnanytime.org/tngov/?p=592

The Wizard 07-11-2007 11:33 AM

How is this Maxima related ?????? This belongs in OT.

IBTL

VIP Maxima 07-11-2007 11:41 AM

LOL I-5 CA ranked #4 worst highway in the states. not surprising, you get on that thing, you're itching for damage

bwinter7 07-11-2007 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
How is this Maxima related ?????? This belongs in OT.

IBTL

Yeah, Maybe you're right, but the roads around here is the direct cause of me needing to repair my maxima, I thought that counted...:hide:

ouzo99max 07-11-2007 11:48 AM

no way that list can be true. Massachusetts has the worst streets and roads. Every road is crappy. Pot holes, bumps, grooves that totally dominate your car. EVERYWHERE. granted there are a lot of good roads coming out now as they are re-surfacing them and they are re-surfacing a few of the highways. but the big dig i think has maybe taken away from the rest of the state in terms of maintence and upkeep.

The Wizard 07-11-2007 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by bwinter7
Yeah, Maybe you're right, but the roads around here is the direct cause of me needing to repair my maxima, I thought that counted...:hide:

I knew you were going to say that:laugh:

Greeny 07-11-2007 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by ouzo99max
no way that list can be true. Massachusetts has the worst streets and roads. Every road is crappy. Pot holes, bumps, grooves that totally dominate your car. EVERYWHERE. granted there are a lot of good roads coming out now as they are re-surfacing them and they are re-surfacing a few of the highways. but the big dig i think has maybe taken away from the rest of the state in terms of maintence and upkeep.

What list?

machinehead131 07-11-2007 12:42 PM

I was just in downtown albany this weekend and that shiz dominated my car. I think i need an alignment now

KsuMax 07-11-2007 12:42 PM

Kansas has great roads for the most part(besides random country roads)

AceofSpds 07-11-2007 05:58 PM

Louisiana has the worst in the states from what i understand. Has soemthing to do with the land always settling so when they lay the pavement/concrete, it will just crack after the weight of the road starts to compact the soft ground.

KRRZ350 07-11-2007 06:09 PM

Massachusetts has the worst streets and roads

that is the truth

NiSmOVQ35 07-11-2007 06:14 PM

nyc has the WORST road, i go thru suspension parts faster then oil changes.. tires are like filling up gas.

bwinter7 07-11-2007 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by chopstix2nrz
Louisiana has the worst in the states from what i understand. Has soemthing to do with the land always settling so when they lay the pavement/concrete, it will just crack after the weight of the road starts to compact the soft ground.

Interesting, that makes sense, but I've never heard that before. I guess you learn something new every day

A33 VQ30DEK 07-11-2007 06:18 PM

EVERYWHERE in san francisco is really bad... the freeways aren't that great either.

CoolMax 07-11-2007 06:23 PM

everyone says their roads are THE worst.:rolleyes:

Teufelhunden 07-11-2007 06:38 PM

i wouldnt say its the worst. but now im lowered, and i bottomed out few times . so i have to be real careful when i drive sometimes.

M&M 07-11-2007 08:01 PM

I noticed the other day that the roads around Albany are really beating on my baby, I need a new ball joint, struts, and now a new tire because one of them got popped by a nail stuck in a stress fracture in the road. I realize that I live in the North, and the roads are probably much worse here, than in the South. I have driven in NC, and they didn't seem to be that much better. I hear everyone complain that the roads suck where they are, but does anyone have "good" roads for the most part?

yeah Albany roads are really crappy. Even worse then the ones here in Utica.:tard:

SilverGLE 07-11-2007 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Tennessee has just about the best roads i have ever seen in any state..

You're kidding me right? Where do you live? I'll admit around Nashville/Murfreesboro they're pretty good, but in Cookeville, Knox County... And especially any non-interstate undergoing road construction... sheesh! I know they're not the worst, but I've hit some damn nasty potholes in Knoxville and Cookeville...

SR20DEN 07-11-2007 08:39 PM

Just released....

http://www.reason.org/ps360.pdf

Greeny 07-11-2007 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by SilverGLE
You're kidding me right? Where do you live? I'll admit around Nashville/Murfreesboro they're pretty good, but in Cookeville, Knox County... And especially any non-interstate undergoing road construction... sheesh! I know they're not the worst, but I've hit some damn nasty potholes in Knoxville and Cookeville...

I don't mean ALL the tn. roads dude:rolleyes:

Sure their are bad roads everywhere,but over all, the Tn. road system is one on the best i've ever seen,and i've driven alot of roads.;)

I'll start from west to east...California/arizona/utau/colorado/NM/texas /oklahoma/arkansas/miss./alabama/georgia/florida/SC./NC./virginia/W.virginia/KY./illinois/ohio/etc..

What other states have you lived/driven in?

MidwestDSM 07-11-2007 09:43 PM

Illinois is pretty rough...lots of hot/cold weather kills the asphalt and creates potholes everywhere. I blew an AGX in my DSM a couple years back just driving down my street :(

SilverGLE 07-11-2007 10:25 PM

^ My older Bro lives around The Windy City... Driving through Chicago would scare me if I took my Max up there.

SilverGLE 07-11-2007 10:26 PM

I don't mean ALL the tn. roads dude:rolleyes:

Sure their are bad roads everywhere,but over all, the Tn. road system is one on the best i've ever seen,and i've driven alot of roads.;)

I'll start from west to east...California/arizona/utau/colorado/NM/texas /oklahoma/arkansas/miss./alabama/georgia/florida/SC./NC./virginia/W.virginia/KY./illinois/ohio/etc..

What other states have you lived/driven in?

I've driven my Max through TN, AL, SC, and FL. Rural roads in AL and SC can be pretty bad, and the damn concrete on I59 in northern AL between Chattanooga and Birmingham/Montgomery can be annoying (and loud, especially right around the cities). I actually just got back on Sunday from driving through AL...

MorpheusZero 07-12-2007 03:59 AM

There are a bunch of really nice roads around Santa Barbara. We have our share of crappy ones but usually nothing too serious.

Goes well with the weather. :cool:

Rydicule 07-12-2007 04:13 AM

From the places I have been, I think my opinion is:

VA Roads = CT Roads > RI Roads > MA Roads > Albany Roads.

My suspension got destroyed by Albany roads on my 99 Max. I avoid that place whenever possible.

ouzo99max 07-12-2007 12:37 PM

What list?

^ that one

SR20DEN 07-12-2007 01:55 PM

That list is old, the one I provided is new.

Greeny 07-12-2007 01:59 PM

I dunno,i might be blind today but i'm not seeing Massachusetts on the list anywhere.:gotme:

maximadave 07-12-2007 02:00 PM

The 91 freeway is the worst freeway I've driven so far, uneven bridges and pavement is ruining my suspension. The roads in Riverside County aren't that much better IMO

gunny11218 07-12-2007 02:07 PM

all ive got to say is minnesota..well we have ****ty city roads but the freeways are amazing. concrete and ultimate for flossin.

Greeny 07-12-2007 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
That list is old, the one I provided is new.

Posted by Transportation on Monday, December 18th, 2006
Doesn't seem that old too me.:gotme:

Professor 07-12-2007 10:31 PM

Come drive through Pennsylvania where your car bottoms out on potholes, rims bent to hell, sewer projects that make the streets a living hell, dirt roads because the concrete wore away, I live in a coal region, its bad.

96MaximuzGXE 07-13-2007 05:49 AM

Well to add to all the bad roads i live in St.Johns,Newfoundland(Canada) and the roads here have cause me to replace axles,couple ball joints,bushings,sway bar link kit, and now i need all new struts and i try to avoid the bumps,potholes anything to damage my car i try to avoid but even though i try look what still happens.

MaximusX 07-13-2007 06:07 AM

Road conditions vary a lot in the areas I drive around. Some are smooth as butter (usually due to a fresh paving) or pocked so bad I'm afraid of popping a tire.

Ammi 07-13-2007 06:59 PM

Detroit roads need major repairing

Strontium 07-13-2007 07:11 PM

Interesting, that makes sense, but I've never heard that before. I guess you learn something new every day

Try driving down I-10, through Louisiana, with a 1,000 lb trailer hooked to the back of your car. It was not a fun experience.

niceguy 07-13-2007 07:23 PM

I've bent a few steel wheels around ghetto fab Memphis, and not on the Nissan mind you. This happened more than once in my '94 Grand Voyager that runs 15", 70 series sidewall tires....

Memphis stinks.....

Jeremy

Vlasic 07-13-2007 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by A33 VQ30DEK
EVERYWHERE in san francisco is really bad... the freeways aren't that great either.

Yup. Ive bent one rim, ripped open one tire and destroyed a stage 1 LTB.

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
LOL I-5 CA ranked #4 worst highway in the states. not surprising, you get on that thing, you're itching for damage

Whats wrong with the 5? its seemed fine to me everytime Ive driven up and down it.

AceofSpds 07-14-2007 02:56 AM

In AL and FL the roads around the gulf coast ive been on are really nice. Esp I-10 and Hwy 98