General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New Max buyer questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Max buyer questions?

Hello guys, been a member on the site since 2006 when we bought our first max back then. Since then we went with the pathfinders and muranos however I am contemplating getting a new platinum max in place of my 15 pathfinder and had some questions for you owners...

I am looking at getting a platinum and going with the standard SR aluminum wheels with the eagle tires as I want those rims but want the ride and options of the platinum. Are the 19 inch eagle tires a good tire for the rain/snow as compared to the continental tires that come on the platinum with the 18 inch wheels?

Also wondering if the max has a subwoofer for the factory bose like my 15 pathfinder does?

Thanks for the help....
Old 04-10-2017, 04:09 PM

I would either visit at NissanUSA.com or your local dealer to get some ideals since I can not tell you what it comes with depends on the trims, as far as tires, I would doubt what makes the different as long as it's All season tires, or mark as M+S on the sidewall of the tires.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:54 AM

In my opinion no GY tires work as well as Conti's in snow and ice, assuming you will be getting all season tires. My 17 MAX SL has a type of sub-woofer right smack dab in the middle of the dash. Not totally sub-woofer only but can sure be made to act like one with the right settings.