General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Mass airflow sensor gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 08:20 AM

Mass airflow sensor gasket?

Hello. I recently purchased a 95 Maxima. A few days after the purchase the check engine light came on so I hook up the OBD reader. THe code indicated the MAF sensor was bad so I'm in the process of replacing the sensor.

As I removed the old sensor I noticed there was what seemed to be a rubber gasket on the end of the sensor that does into the throttle body. I've done several searches but have been unable to find a replacement and was hoping someone would point me in the direction of where I can purchase a new one.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:02 AM

I never seen a gasket for one but I have heard of it. You might wanna check see if the new MAF sensor comes with a rubber gasket. otherwise, try AutoZone, Advance or NAPA see if they carry the gasket itself.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:43 PM

There is a o-ring or seal (whichever you want to call it).

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
I never seen a gasket for one but I have heard of it. You might wanna check see if the new MAF sensor comes with a rubber gasket. otherwise, try AutoZone, Advance or NAPA see if they carry the gasket itself.
Or you could try the dealer you know. OEM Part # 22683-16V00 and its a whopping $2.40.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by UTmaxima82
There is a o-ring or seal (whichever you want to call it).
+ 1 ... no "gasket" but an o-ring.

See the green o-ring?