Why does Maxima.org suck so bad now? - Page 2 - Maxima Forums

General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Why does Maxima.org suck so bad now?

Old 03-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #41  

Well not to the same extent, but I would say the BMW forum went downhill and it was once pretty good. Today, when there's a rumor that the 2019 3 Series won't have a stick available in the USA, 1/2 the people say good riddance. How sad or pathetic is that??
Frank Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:37 PM   #42  

I weep at the fact this thread is hot.
04BlackMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:20 AM   #43  

dang youre really bugged about this banner thing.

pretty much what has already been said. social medial has been making forums die off the last couple years. the internet is evolving.

my biggest gripe on this site would be the dead links and pictures (thanks photobucket). makes it harder to find what you're looking for.
cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #44  

Leave the banner alone...the 8th gen is well...fugly as hell. I mean seriously...that thing is an abomination. Looks like a Rogue had sex with a Passat. And it wasn't good sex...it was ugly and painful.
TableRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #45  

This forum doesn't at all suck. There are knowledgeable folks and a ton of history that covers just about everything. Just got to use the search feature and not rely on being spoonfed answers to your queries.

I think the dwindling activity in car forums (of all makes) has more to do with makers not wanting car owners to DIY their stuff. There is not much to talk about if the answer is usually "take it to the dealer!"...
IP Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #46  

Yeah It's lost a bit of luster but we who are here need to step it up! The 3 Maxima(s) I own are putting on miles except for the 3rd gen about to equip it with JWT VG cams...Hard to find 3rd and 4th Gen cars in the LKQ yards since they're nothing but recyclers...One's got to hit the smaller yards to find the good stuff....Ran across a 4th Gen with what appears to be new motor in one of these smaller junk yards. It was even equipped with a 5 speed manual...I just cringe evertime I see the Junkyard littered with 5th Gens...Just makes me wonder what was the problem that result in the car ending up in the boneyard? Mine is still expressive performance wise...I know the next main vehicle will be an Infiniti Q40 or Q50...
CMax03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #47  
Grading On A Curve

TBH .. I don't even own a Maxima anymore, I'm with the Altima crowd now.

And most forums have migrated to FB Groups, so that kind of took away most of the forum crowds.
NisMoN00B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #48  
Super Moderator

#deletefacebook
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #49  
I'm nutty for Nissans

Too many FB posts contain stupid memes, simple yet overly repeated questions or terrible grammar that makes your head hurt. It's a good deal of useless chatter. Much is for instant gratification.

Even when someone asks a legit question, chances are it's answered with opinions or misinformation and not facts. Those who get spoon fed the correct information don't seem to get it anyway.

Keep the org's content useful. I'd rather see a few good posts a day here than countless posts of, " Hey, look at my car filling up with gas!"
JSutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSutter View Post
Too many FB posts contain stupid memes, simple yet overly repeated questions or terrible grammar that makes your head hurt. It's a good deal of useless chatter. Much is for instant gratification.

Even when someone asks a legit question, chances are it's answered with opinions or misinformation and not facts. Those who get spoon fed the correct information don't seem to get it anyway.

Keep the org's content useful. I'd rather see a few good posts a day here than countless posts of, " Hey, look at my car filling up with gas!"
Prophecy99 liked JSutter's post
Prophecy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax03 View Post
Yeah It's lost a bit of luster but we who are here need to step it up! The 3 Maxima(s) I own are putting on miles except for the 3rd gen about to equip it with JWT VG cams...Hard to find 3rd and 4th Gen cars in the LKQ yards since they're nothing but recyclers...One's got to hit the smaller yards to find the good stuff....Ran across a 4th Gen with what appears to be new motor in one of these smaller junk yards. It was even equipped with a 5 speed manual...I just cringe evertime I see the Junkyard littered with 5th Gens...Just makes me wonder what was the problem that result in the car ending up in the boneyard? Mine is still expressive performance wise...I know the next main vehicle will be an Infiniti Q40 or Q50...
dude i am with ya on the Q50, kinda looking at newer WRX's too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels View Post
Prophecy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #52  

Maybe this place will pick up as people flee from ****book and watching ****erberg talk to congress. #DeleteFacebook
04BlackMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #53  
Former Sponsor

This forum is pretty dead and we have had multiple threads moved/deleted in a dead forum. You would think moderators would encourage the few vendors left here and adjust rules and be flexible.

Notifying IB right now. SMH.
Vossen Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #54  
Newbie - Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgtr2000 View Post
Alot of us also moved on to different cars and so we went to those forums as well. I like to peek in here and there because those were the good years. Still in the back of my mind to get another 4th gen and turbo it, but I'm enjoying awd goodness right now so...lol.
awd madness!!!!
Kidquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #55  
Got Retrofit?

This is still one of the best forums when it comes to content. It's just that the community has changed and it's not just Maxima.org...

I wish we could go back to the old days. I love this place.
ChrisMan287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMan287 View Post
This is still one of the best forums when it comes to content. It's just that the community has changed and it's not just Maxima.org...
pretty much. just alot of people that knew their stuff like CapedCadaver, BenMax, etc for the older gens left. Facebook/Reddit are complete trash where everyone is a certified YouTube seal mechanic
chrome91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome91 View Post
Facebook/Reddit are complete trash where everyone is a certified YouTube seal mechanic
Haha! I had a fake facebook account just for car groups. I couldn't even handle that. Complete trash indeed.
I have not been here long, but I hope forums in general make a comeback. I have an '02 and '03 Max, and this place has been a gold mine for me.
NotYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:17 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Haha! I had a fake facebook account just for car groups. I couldn't even handle that. Complete trash indeed.
I have not been here long, but I hope forums in general make a comeback. I have an '02 and '03 Max, and this place has been a gold mine for me.
i had Facebook back when i was a mechanic then when i moved to working in law enforcement i had to get rid of social media for the job, best thing i ever did. mechanic/car groups there are garbage. best time i had on here was 8-9 years ago when we had some 3rd gen group buys going on and other stuff then it got quiet lol

chrome91 is offline   Reply With Quote