5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

01 maxima SE rear beam install.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 07:13 PM

01 maxima SE rear beam install.

I've been working on my 2001 Maxima SE rear beam for about a month now. I pressed out the old pivot arm bushings and pressed in new Super Pro pivot arm bushings. I sanded it down. Wiped it with grease remover and primed it with Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. Then painted it with Rustoleum Gloss Black Enamel. The bushing install went well as the old ones just popped right out with a 3" socket and a 3-ton press. The bushing install was similar as I just centered up the bushing with the ridge of the pivot arm. It's obvious once you look at how they centered the old bushings. After that, I used copper anti-seize on all the bolt threads and nuts. Install was easy after I broke all the bolts loose days prior and anti-seized those in preparation for the beam swap. Not much else to say. This completes the majority of my suspension redo. In recap, I have all Moog front end minus anti-roll bar bushings. BC Racing BR type coilovers with the extreme low option. and Super Pro rear pivot bushings. Feels good now I just need tires that are worth a damn. Be sure to check out the attached movie and thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails 01 maxima SE rear beam install.-rear-beam-painted-2-.jpg   01 maxima SE rear beam install.-rear-beam-pained.jpg   01 maxima SE rear beam install.-rear-beam-primed-2.jpg   01 maxima SE rear beam install.-rear-beam-primed.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
rear beam installed (1).mov (4.69 MB, 28 views)
Old 12-02-2017, 06:48 PM

look nice but your brake dust shield is pretty bent up. I had my cleaned up and painted with chassis paint which keep from rust forming and it came out very smooth and clean.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Father of the 00 VI

I just saw this thread,i don't usually go in the general forum. Do you have any more tips or pictures of the bushing install?
I am going to do the same thing to my 01 rear soon.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Thread moved to 5th gen forum.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:01 AM

how do the new bushing feel?