Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   Which Maxima Generation is the Best and the Worst (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/701329-maxima-generation-best-worst.html)

Austin Gilson 05-01-2018 11:22 AM

Which Maxima Generation is the Best and the Worst

1 Attachment(s)
Hi You All
Just curious I just bought 2003 for $800 and it seems to run fine and its got 154 K on it.And i see tha their could be a lot of Issue's with these cars but if something arise's would it be worth fixing and what would a limit be on expense.

Thanks Austin

Attachment 57996

Prophecy99 05-02-2018 04:53 AM

there has been many debates, and your question in the thread title, turns 360 into what should i look for on my newly purchased car, which you already started a seperate thread in the proper place with the same question, what should I look for on my newly purchased car.

it was a police auction car, sounds like u know your way around, do some research, and start checking things out/ figure out your priories, and proceed.

vebong 05-20-2018 10:00 AM

In terms of body style...I still favor the 5.5 gen the most, then 4th and 7th after that...Also, that's a great deal for 5.5

04BlackMaxx 06-06-2018 08:11 PM

The 6th was the worst, avoid.

Fishlet 06-07-2018 03:37 PM

That's a very subjective question

As far as styling is concerned, I think the current (8th) gen blows them all away. By every other metric, I'm sure there's lots to love about the previous generations too. Based on the number of posts, I'd guess the 4th gen had the most fans... or maybe that is just because there was a time before Facebook

krismax 06-09-2018 07:57 AM

4 gen was the most reliable . saving money that makes it the best.

Turbobink 06-09-2018 09:55 AM

I think you’ll find ... in terms of owner loyalty ... those generations that were true imports are most highly regarded, and for good reason.

Nothing against an American-made product, but the Maxima, and all other Nissan products, took somewhat of a nose-dive once manufacturing was relocated to the US.

Quickywd01 06-12-2018 09:12 PM

I'd probably have to say 4th gen. Power to weight ratio especially once the power starts to go up and the weight can go down. '02; 3.5 and 6 speed came out so that's a really nice setup. Even better when you put that combo in a 4th gen and if you start doing things to it, it starts to get wild. But if you have the funds I'd say get a nice new ('16+) one and stick a 6 speed on it. I saw a white platinum with the nice seats... perfect for a 6 speed. This year with the snow messed up plans but maybe one day...

Flybye 07-24-2018 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Quickywd01 (Post 9177249)
.... But if you have the funds I'd say get a nice new ('16+) one and stick a 6 speed on it. I saw a white platinum with the nice seats... perfect for a 6 speed...

People have yanked out the CVT and converted to a manual?