General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Why do you Orgers have such big heads?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:00 AM

Why do you Orgers have such big heads?

Not to start a fight...

but I've been coming here for over 2 years now (this is a new name and I read more than I post) and it seems most people reply to posts just to be an *** hole.

I realize it gets annoying when newbies don't utilize the search options - and the obvious ones should be ignored.

Sometimes though, there are those that appear to have searched but maybe just didn't find what they were looking for. Instead of offering simple advice, it seems like the majority jumps in to tell that person how stupid they are.

LOL WTF!?

Don't get me wrong sometimes the responses can get entertaining, but it seems to happen all too often.

Fact is some people really are stupid and do need their hand held. It happens.
Fact is some people really are ******** and do need to voice their hate. I know.

To offer a new perspective to members; just because there are old threads on a subject doesn't mean there are not new ideas on the subject, or new members that can offer that different perspective. Certain topics, yes, don't repeat, look that damn **** up.

Personally I think to help relieve some of the bull**** threads there should be some sort of HUGE sign showing newbies to USE THE SEARCH. It's apparent that the search option is not that obvious to new users.

I'm not complaining, ITS JUST AN OBSERVATION. I just think that the way a lot of people react here takes away from some of the credibility the boards have to offer. Killing the whole point of the site - which is to share information, right?

I have a feeling I'm gonna catch hate for this.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:08 AM

Thank You for this! im new and i feel slow at times because i cant find what im looking for and believe me i look, and from other responses i see on new member pages i get a bit intimidated to ask the question i need help with so that being said thanks for understanding us slow newbies as they call us
Old 06-17-2010, 09:17 AM

No doubt. As for someone like me, I know how to search to find my answers. Sometimes though there are some questions I can't find answers to, and to some would be a stupid question to ask, but I'm no mechanic just a Maxima enthusiast who seeks some friendly help from those who are more knowledgeable.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i agree and have been wondering this lately myself....i mean, we are all maxima lovers exchanging ideas and knowlege, yet you put people down and act like idiots?....I dont get it....so, to those of you who DO care, THANKYOU....and to the people who dont care....go to nissan club or some other site......
Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 AM

ill jump in before this gets locked.

just send a pm to thoes who YOU feel may have the advise you are looking for. or just do what TheMAXX does, READ, read till it hurts. the days of the super a--hole .org are gone this is just the days of people wanting to be spoonfed and ask redundant incoherent questions.

lots of of us old timers dont mind helping the new folks out, (really we dont). but when people are too lazy to read the FAQ'S,Stickies,Rules(all of which have been revised several times over) it makes us old timers really annoyed which is why help usually comes in the form of a foot in the ****.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally Posted by The MAXX
Fact is some people really are stupid and do need their hand held. It happens.
Fact is some people really are ******** and do need to voice their hate.
I take it you match the 2nd statement here.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Blackwind
lots of of us old timers dont mind helping the new folks out, (really we dont). but when people are too lazy to read the FAQ'S,Stickies,Rules(all of which have been revised several times over) it makes us old timers really annoyed which is why help usually comes in the form of a foot in the ****.
If you find a particular thread annoying, redundant, whatever, just stay out of it and let the mods take care of it if need be. Nothing good is accomplished by jumping down someones throat.

It takes a bit more effort to read a post and let it get under your skin than it does to simply ignore it and move on.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by tfunkadelic
If you find a particular thread annoying, redundant, whatever, just stay out of it and let the mods take care of it if need be. Nothing good is accomplished by jumping down someones throat.

It takes a bit more effort to read a post and let it get under your skin than it does to simply ignore it and move on.
are you talking directly to ME or just in general?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 AM

are you talking directly to ME or just in general?
You decide.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:08 AM

you dont know me.. you just gave YOURSELF the best advice a new member to this forum could ever give, wow! what a concept, IGNORE THE THREAD!! thank you for that bountiful pearl of wisdom.

you might want to spend some time learning things around this place before you go trying to call people out, it will make your membership here more pleasant.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:16 AM

why are you so combative? follow the advice as well an move on or are you going to start picking on me too?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:20 AM

ill jump in before this gets locked.

just send a pm to thoes who YOU feel may have the advise you are looking for. or just do what TheMAXX does, READ, read till it hurts. the days of the super a--hole .org are gone this is just the days of people wanting to be spoonfed and ask redundant incoherent questions.

Originally Posted by jav_Vela
why are you so combative? follow the advice as well an move on or are you going to start picking on me too?
show me where i was combative. then show me where i was picking on you. you should read my whole post, not just the latest update to the thread. like i said, i like to help the new folks out. but when they come onto the site acting like douche waffles NO ONE wants to help them!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:30 AM

I agree 1000% with The Maxx; if you are going to enter and view a thread just so you can make a dumb@ss comment or to start to pick a fight with the individual/s, DONT. It makes that person feel like crap, makes me not want to read the whole 30000 entries that will follow with incoherence going back and forth and it just creates unpleasantness.

I know some of you have been here for ages, but that does not mean you can be a dik to people and it's justified as "i'm a senior member here so learn how to use the search button". I for one, will post whenever I want about whatever question I might have as this is a public forum and being as such nobody should say otherwise (keep in mind, there are boundaries about what you can post and what you can not), I'm just hoping everyone here is a big boy/girl and can handle themselves professionally. At the end of the day, just like tjs said "we are all maxima owners who love exchanging ideas and knowledge"

Last edited by the macedonian; 06-17-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:34 AM

Mainly the people who tend to be d1cks about searching are the types who bought Maximas several years ago, put an intake/muffler on them, and took 1000s of pictures and started countless "washed my car" threads back in the day.

One thing I noticed though, is things keep changing as far as modding these cars go. So new(er) members, in spite of nooby questions like "What is the best intake?" don't have the same answers as they used to, so searching will give you some good background, but new users may not pick up on recent findings. Same with "What's the best cat-back" etc. Obviously there are some threads that are just dumb, the ones asking one simple (often yes/no) question that the OP will catch heat for, or in some cases where the OP tries to justify buying a 2.25" exhaust since they think more backpressure = more torque . In that case, man, it's just the internet, I wouldn't even blink once at someone getting upset because of a thread I made that may be percieved as nooby.

And for the people who like to "express their distaste", they probably know they have the option to move on. But when you sold your Maxima decades ago and are bored with no relevant information, what else are you supposed to do for fun?

Last edited by MoncefA33; 06-17-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:34 AM

you dont know me..
Is this a Jerry Springer taping?

you just gave YOURSELF the best advice a new member to this forum could ever give, wow! what a concept, IGNORE THE THREAD!! thank you for that bountiful pearl of wisdom.
Settle down, man.

you might want to spend some time learning things around this place before you go trying to call people out, it will make your membership here more pleasant.
I don't recall "trying to call people out." I made a general statement and you (predictably) decided it was a personal attack.

Try to understand that no one is making threads with the intent of pissing you off.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 AM

ok my badness chill and i didnt say you were picking on me, but when you say stuff like this:
"you might want to spend some time learning things around this place before you go trying to call people out, it will make your membership here more pleasant." it just seem to come at people all left that's all i dont know you and im not disrespecting just stating my opinion and what we are doing is trying to learn i've been on here less than a month in no way am i trying to make an enemy already so how about you give me some advice on my problem?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 AM

these guys get it.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM

show me where i was combative. then show me where i was picking on you. you should read my whole post, not just the latest update to the thread. like i said, i like to help the new folks out. but when they come onto the site acting like douche waffles NO ONE wants to help them!
I think he was referring to your off the handle response to my post.

There's nothing douchey in asking a "stupid" question.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:40 AM

these guys get it.
I hope you're being sarcastic, because they're disagreeing with you
Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 AM

subscribed/
Old 06-17-2010, 10:44 AM

I think he was referring to your off the handle response to my post.

There's nothing douchey in asking a "stupid" question.
let me give an example on the "douchey" thing

new member joins the site and ask about what mods are good for his 4th gen. gets no response, two hours later...starts a new thread. gets no response.....whitin that same day at lest 5 threads in different spots of the .org are started by the same guy asking the same thing. and THEN gets upset because no one answered any of his threads, when he is told where to go for the answers they get combative and angry then the flames start.

thats "douche like" behavior.

like i said before...im all for helping new folks out, but when stuff like that happens it makes people NOT want to deal with them.

jav_Vela- you may have took my post in the wrong contex.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 AM

I hope you're being sarcastic, because they're disagreeing with you
i didnt hit the quote button.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
I take it you match the 2nd statement here.

I think shiznit like this is the OP's entire point....!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 AM

Old 06-17-2010, 11:19 AM

Hi I was playing Pokemon yesterday and I found out a way you can get unlimited Master Pokeballs for free! Master Chief so has nothing on me, when I capture him with my unbreakable Master Ball he will be one of my powerful tools used to conquer the Pokemon world!

Click here to learn more!

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....96#post7604396
Old 06-17-2010, 11:39 AM

true MAXX it does **** me off, but at the same time I do agree with Blackwind

I've been a long time reader before registering and I should have done sooner.
I do search and search before asking, and when I did, even if it was dumb I got the answers I was looking for thanx to respectful ones.

I gotta say tho, the search engine can be annoying sometimes, especially trying to pinpoint some problems, it give you lots of threads and u gotta find your way in there... hence the stupid questions sometimes. Still doesn't justify the dumbas* answers we unfortunately read.

So discard the junk and only take in consideration the great help we have from the good members of the ORG.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
Hi I was playing Pokemon yesterday and I found out a way you can get unlimited Master Pokeballs for free! Master Chief so has nothing on me, when I capture him with my unbreakable Master Ball he will be one of my powerful tools used to conquer the Pokemon world!

Click here to learn more!

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....96#post7604396

i don't understand the pokemon references though.

and njmaxseltd -like i said, Im not whining, im not hating. Just wondering why OTHERS are acting like asses. thank you for being an example of my point.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:25 PM

This forum has a lot of members, some are more active than others. Of the active ones, there's going to be some douchery from senior members, and I think that's where this thread was directed. I've seen it; obviously from the many posts in this thread, other's have seen it.

Sure, everything can be explained away; provide enough backpedal, you can talk your way out of almost anything. Doesn't change the fact that there are some hostile exchanges from senior members here. What ticks me off is when you see Mod's take it to the douchery level. I had one change my avatar several times, I took it to PM and finally after several times back and forth with the avatar he let it go. It all came from a gang bang thread...where I stepped in to help out the loan OP, a job a Moderator should have taken on.

There is no overall community when a Mod participates in the buffoonery. A mod should take a mature stand, and ensure that the community stays strong, not bickers over stupid stuff...
Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 PM

i have to wear a 7 5/8's size hat.....i think i have a big head....

just sayin...

Old 06-17-2010, 02:11 PM

When you really consider what the OP and some of the 'more knowing' folks here are saying it's not that different.

I'm going to use an example here...
I use Linux - and well there is a very long very hard to read instruction manual that is available for all to read (and is included when you download the OS) - however, it's not always obvious where to find the solution for a particular issue within the 10,000 pages of text.
This site isn't much different than that manual - there is a TON of information for the Maxima owner here - however - I've used the search function and well, it's not the best, AND people don't always name the thread in a way that even makes sense to what the question they need answered truly is. So, we get what we have here, a failure to communicate.
The Linux guys (on various forums are great for telling you to RTFM (Read The F.... Manual) - amazing how so many here are so quick to tell you to SEARCH (which is just another way of saying RTFM)...

just my 2 cents on this whole thing.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:12 PM

cant we all just get along
Old 06-17-2010, 02:28 PM

Old 06-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If people are serious they will search! Ive searched at days end and have read so much on here without posting something and have found answers to very complex installs, issues etc. If I can find details on cams, PF TB installs, tuning, power valves etc,, i'm sure these people can find posts on simple intake, y-pipe, exhaust questions. Do your own research if serious about modding or learning about your car.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
You embarrass me.

Since I posted in the "pokemon" listed thread, here is my take:

Which would you prefer to have, a forum full of the same topics covered over and over again, or one that is moderated and contains valuable, unique info with every thread?

There are going to be people who have been members of a forum for a while and become uptight over seeing repeated topics. I'll try to help with info as I go along, but only if the OP doesn't expect to be spoonfed or is completely aware of how to search.

If you just joined the forums, you most likely searched on Google for a "maxima forums". Now that you've found the best resource for info, what is the difficulty of searching for your specific question "best intake" "headers" "car hesitates"...?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:12 PM

i do agree with zeead, but there are some folks on here that can get just plain insulting.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:28 PM

Old 06-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Maybe the search function would be more useful if we didn't have so many ****ty threads opening up everyday. That would eliminate a lot of the clutter when searching.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 PM

Don't worry crocodile! I will capture you with my Master Ball which I used a cheat to get an unlimited supply of, and FORCE you to join my minions! Then i will capture Flava 24/7 and use the brand new Hydro Pimp TM on him so he can flavorishly mod my car for me! Along with any car he attacks! Muahahah

Last edited by Leo_Koneval; 06-17-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 PM

we do it because we feel like it.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

I've been here 10 years and I agree with the OP. What old-timers who rarely need to search sometimes fail to realize is that the search function here is NEAR USELESS.

I've ran into this issue on some other forums I'm a member of - and in Max.org's defense, the newbie-hate here is nowhere near the level on some other forums. But like I've said in similar threads on said other forums, if you don't reply to a newbie's thread or dumb/redudant question, the thread will simply die a quick death on its own! What a miraculous concept..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do you Orgers have such big heads?