Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   do any of you guys race your maxima's? time slips??? (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/7414-do-any-you-guys-race-your-maximas-time-slips.html)

vtec killer 11-17-2000 02:20 PM

i race my altima and it hauls ***.last time i timed it at the track i got 15.8 since then i added header,ecu,cai,.here's my mods:place racing cai,bored throttle body,jacobs pro-street ignition,hot shots 4-1 header,dyno max cat back with 2 1/4" piping,unorthodox udp,clutch masters stage 1 clutch,jwt ecu,stillen short shifter,stillen brake upgrade.gc coil overs,kyb's,sus.tech.sway bar,matrix stb.
i race my friends 96' maxi all the time and kill it.just wondering what maxima's can really do.they arent slow so i dont sleep on them!!

ZuMBLe 11-17-2000 02:51 PM

Wow, I think you're pretty much faster than any maxima out there. Good job..

ZuM

Originally posted by vtec killer
i race my altima and it hauls ***.last time i timed it at the track i got 15.8 since then i added header,ecu,cai,.here's my mods:place racing cai,bored throttle body,jacobs pro-street ignition,hot shots 4-1 header,dyno max cat back with 2 1/4" piping,unorthodox udp,clutch masters stage 1 clutch,jwt ecu,stillen short shifter,stillen brake upgrade.gc coil overs,kyb's,sus.tech.sway bar,matrix stb.
i race my friends 96' maxi all the time and kill it.just wondering what maxima's can really do.they arent slow so i dont sleep on them!!

Dany 11-17-2000 03:01 PM

Are you talking about Auto or 5-speed?

Chris91SE 11-17-2000 04:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZuMBLe
[I]Wow, I think you're pretty much faster than any maxima out there. Good job..

ZuM

umm....4th gens run that fast if not faster on the 1/4...modded ones run low 15's and then theres jeff k with mega max that ran 14.2 ish....

are you talking stock? auto 5spd?

ZuMBLe 11-17-2000 04:34 PM

I would disagree.. No maxima can come close to the 15.8 that guy posted before.. And now he has even more mods.. Just don't race Altimas guys.. Get with the program.

ZuM

MaxRod33 11-17-2000 05:12 PM

HAHA, sarcasm is a beautiful thing:)

Joe_R 11-17-2000 05:14 PM

Why is it that they make headers for the Altima and not the Max?

Confused 11-17-2000 05:16 PM

space

Originally posted by Joe_R

ZuMBLe 11-17-2000 05:17 PM

4 cylinder headers are generally cheaper to make than 6 cyinder ones. Easier to design. Plus, the KA24DE is from the 240SX. You can probably use the same top piece of a 240 header and turn the bottom piece 90 degrees.

ZuM

1MAX2NV 11-17-2000 09:06 PM

Maxima needs two hearders because it's a

V6. It will be twice as much. We are talking in the $1K range. There is no market for it.

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
4 cylinder headers are generally cheaper to make than 6 cyinder ones. Easier to design. Plus, the KA24DE is from the 240SX. You can probably use the same top piece of a 240 header and turn the bottom piece 90 degrees.

ZuM

AntGVR4 11-17-2000 09:25 PM

it's in my sig..

Ant

Dave B 11-17-2000 10:02 PM

A 15.8 at what mph?

My Maxima runs consistent 14.9-15.0s in the 94-95mph range with horrible 2.3-2.4 60 foots. I think that will change very shortly since I got some new rubber and the weather is cooler. I figure 14.5s are within reach with a little traction.

No offence to you or your Altima, but I'm not too scared. My wife's got an Altima GXE automatic and it's rather sluggish. I can't imagine the 5 speed would be A LOT quicker. I've never come up against a strong running Altima yet. A turbo Altima would be pretty cool though. I really like the 2K Altima SEs.

Dave

vtec killer 11-17-2000 10:12 PM

DAVE,DAVE,DAVE, YOU KNOW IM THE KILLER MAN,DONT KNOW IF YOU WERE ON THE ALTIMA BOARD OR IF YOU LEFT BUT I ACTUALLY MET UP WITH A COUPLE OF INTEGRA OWNERS AND KICKED THEIR ***@@!! MY CAR IS MADD FAST NOW.ELUSIVE RACING AND NIZMOBABE'S HUSBAND KEN.(MALICELS) THATS COOL THAT YOU GOT A Y2K MAXI.I'D LOVE TO RACE YOU.MY MPH WAS LIKE 86?CANT REMEMBER.IN THE MID-UPPER 80'S.MY FRIEND HAS A 96 MAXIMA AUTO WITH INTAKE AND EXHAUST AND I KILL HIM ALL THE TIME!

emax02 11-17-2000 10:15 PM

14.5 Stock is crazy

I am not saying you can't or that you won't but that seems way to fast for a stock max,I mean 14.9 seemed to be too quick allready but with in reason.But if you do run a 14.5 stock then you either should be a race car driver or your Max was built better then most.

vtec killer 11-17-2000 10:19 PM

SMART ASSES!!!

Dave B 11-17-2000 11:21 PM

Re: 14.5 Stock is crazy

Originally posted by emax95
I am not saying you can't or that you won't but that seems way to fast for a stock max,I mean 14.9 seemed to be too quick allready but with in reason.But if you do run a 14.5 stock then you either should be a race car driver or your Max was built better then most.
My little "stock" quote is sarcasm and that's why the happy face is there. I'm not stock. I've got a y-pipe, intake, RT cat and B-pipe plus lots of other suspension mods and stuff. Sorry if I thru you off. I don't think a stock 4th gen could come close to 94-95mph trap speeds.

Dave

ZuMBLe 11-17-2000 11:43 PM

86mph!? Hmmm With that trapspeed.. You'd be beat by a maxima on the highway. Sorry.. Stock or not. Anyways... Yeah, you're very fast.. What was the point of all this?

ZuM

DAVE,DAVE,DAVE, YOU KNOW IM THE KILLER MAN,DONT KNOW IF YOU WERE ON THE ALTIMA BOARD OR IF YOU LEFT BUT I ACTUALLY MET UP WITH A COUPLE OF INTEGRA OWNERS AND KICKED THEIR ***@@!! MY CAR IS MADD FAST NOW.ELUSIVE RACING AND NIZMOBABE'S HUSBAND KEN.(MALICELS) THATS COOL THAT YOU GOT A Y2K MAXI.I'D LOVE TO RACE YOU.MY MPH WAS LIKE 86?CANT REMEMBER.IN THE MID-UPPER 80'S.MY FRIEND HAS A 96 MAXIMA AUTO WITH INTAKE AND EXHAUST AND I KILL HIM ALL THE TIME!

emax02 11-17-2000 11:55 PM

That makes a lot more sense then

you had me going there for a minute haha.

bullseye 11-18-2000 02:22 AM

My best e/t so far is 14.89 @ 94 mph. I think my 60' time on that run was 2.1 ~ 2.2. I race with the stock 15" wheels on the front shod with BFG Drag Radials inflated to 24-lbs. I pump up the rear tires to 40-lbs+ so they roll easier.

madmax2k 11-18-2000 07:17 AM

Re: Re: 14.5 Stock is crazy

Originally posted by Dave B

Originally posted by emax95
My little "stock" quote is sarcasm and that's why the happy face is there. I'm not stock. I've got a y-pipe, intake, RT cat and B-pipe plus lots of other suspension mods and stuff. Sorry if I thru you off. I don't think a stock 4th gen could come close to 94-95mph trap speeds.

Dave

With traction and some good tires, I dont see why a 4g or 5g Max couldnt hit 14.50's. My 5g with just the Y-pipe and CAI runs 14.75-14.80 @94-95 mph consistently with mid to upper 2.2 second 60 foots on the stock 17" wheels and tires. A switch to lighter wheels and stickier rubber would net 14.50's easily with just the 2 mods Ive got. A 4g car more heavily modified in the engine and suspension department like Dave's should also do 14.50's with the appropriate traction. The suspension mods pay off big time in launching the car. A friend of mine has a 4g Max with a full suspension and cuts 2.09-2.10 60 foots on 17" street tires and the same track that I struggle to get 2.25's on with my stock suspension and wheels/tires. That 0.15 sec shaved off the 60 foot will show up in at least a 0.25 sec ET reduction at the end of the track.

CoolMax 11-18-2000 08:15 AM

vtec killer...

SMART ASSES!!!
Dumb ***. :)

vtec killer 11-18-2000 05:53 PM

ummmmm okay.