Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   turbo 1/4 mile track time ... AMAZING! (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/82447-turbo-1-4-mile-track-time-amazing.html)

turbo97SE 04-13-2002 05:50 PM

turbo 1/4 mile track time ... AMAZING!

So I am sure many of you are dying to hear what my track time was at Bandimere. It was .......

18.9s! :D

I am not kidding! :(

I set the boost to 9.3 psi and vrrroooooooommmmmm! Stood absolutely still! Launched at 2500 rpm ... my clutch slipped from 3000 rpm to red line! It was so sad! I was too embarrassed to run again!

Getting my JWT clutch soon. I'll be BACK! :mad:

costcowholesale 04-13-2002 05:54 PM

:laugh: :laugh: what was likr 60' time? :goofy:

dmontzsta 04-13-2002 05:55 PM

That is pretty bad, but I am sure you can do much better. 9.3psi and 350hp WOW! I need a turbo.

Sprint 04-13-2002 05:59 PM

better than my 23 second run with 10 PSI SC Max :wall:

Vyrus 04-13-2002 06:05 PM

Haha my N/A auto is faster than your turbocharged 5spd!!!
:wall:
I know, I know... NOT FOR LONG!!!
-Cyrus

turbo97SE 04-13-2002 06:29 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus
Haha my N/A auto is faster than your turbocharged 5spd!!!
:wall:
I know, I know... NOT FOR LONG!!!
-Cyrus

I'm too ashamed! Don't think I can post here any more! :bawling:

Vyrus 04-13-2002 06:34 PM

Originally posted by turbo97SE

I'm too ashamed! Don't think I can post here any more! :bawling:

You shoud know... despite your horrendous times, so many Maxima enthusiasts look up to your car as an icon. I mean, how many other turbocharged Maximas do we know so much about? Your car rocks, even if it is slow... for now. :D
-Cyrus

tifosiv122 04-13-2002 06:40 PM

All I can say is....

ouch!

Erik

JoJo428m 04-13-2002 06:45 PM

wow, My 92 SE Auto is probably quicker than that. But I gotta give you yo props man. You've got a turbo, one thing I'll never have on my Max:D :bawling: :mad:

deezo 04-13-2002 07:19 PM

Re: turbo 1/4 mile track time ... AMAZING!

So I am sure many of you are dying to hear what my track time was at Bandimere. It was .......

18.9s! :D

I am not kidding! :(

I set the boost to 9.3 psi and vrrroooooooommmmmm! Stood absolutely still! Launched at 2500 rpm ... my clutch slipped from 3000 rpm to red line! It was so sad! I was too embarrassed to run again!

I guess that is pretty sad. Better luck next time.

JAY25 04-13-2002 07:53 PM

Re: Re: turbo 1/4 mile track time ... AMAZING!

Originally posted by deezo
I guess that is pretty sad. Better luck next time.

18.9's dont worry, once you tune your a car a bit youll be happy. To make you feel good and better check this out, I have supercharger and my best time was 14.9, the first time I went to the track with the supercharger I was running mid 15's:( . Mardigrasmax was surprised to see how slow my car was. I was also with lighter stock 15 inch wheels and Yokohama tires. The probem with my car was that the shaft was not seated correctly and it kept on cutting my differential oil seal. Went to the track with my wife last week and ran a 14.6 with my 18 inch wheels. I didnt even deflate my tires. but 14.6 is better then mid 15's. I ll go again April 27 and see if my times improves with lighter wheels. So I hope this makes you feel better. I admire you as a person to have a car like ours with a Custom Turbo.

MardiGrasMax 04-13-2002 08:12 PM

LMFAO!

Welcome to the world of one thing leads to another... get a new clutch, need stickier tires... got stickier tires, need a better clutch... got a better clutch, need better axles... got better axles, need cryo'd trans... got cryo'd trans, need more power... :p

celica 04-13-2002 09:33 PM

:laugh: o well u tried but your clutch wasn't willin towok with ya. you'll definitely do better next time wih a better clutch so dn't worry bought it. for a sec i thought u was in 12's:wall: already.

Nealoc187 04-13-2002 11:42 PM

haha, thats hilarious man. Don't worry, I still envy your turbo'd maxima, but your post was really funny. when you get the clutch and tires your car will haul ***.

VQdriver 04-13-2002 11:51 PM

Re: turbo 1/4 mile track time ... AMAZING!

I was too embarrassed to run again!

practice makes perfect. at least you had the balls to run that machine unlike some people who just like to talk about their Gtech'ed timed runs and think they're awesome at drag racing lol. improve your technique and fix the machinery and you'll be among the elite (boosted maximas) :p please keep us posted.

RS Motorsports 04-14-2002 12:14 AM

Re: Re: turbo 1/4 mile track time ... AMAZING!

Originally posted by VQdriver
practice makes perfect. at least you had the balls to run that machine unlike some people who just like to talk about their Gtech'ed timed runs and think they're awesome at drag racing lol. improve your technique and fix the machinery and you'll be among the elite (boosted maximas) :p please keep us posted.
Ya i didn't get to see his run cause he was a few cars behind be, but you shoulda kept it a 5.5 psi damnit, you were gettn a little greedy there nigel :), anyway think of it this way man. you can only improve from here on out, plus our track is at 5830 ft. so that kinda hurts us colorado maximas. don't worry man you'll be in the low 14's soon.
Ryan