General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

So I've been thinking of coming back to the Maxima community...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 02:44 PM

So I've been thinking of coming back to the Maxima community...

...What would some of you "verterans" have to say about that? Its kinda sad when you think that i have owned back to back Maximas (92 Max & 99 Max).

For all the new people who care, i ended up getting a 01 S4 but decided its not worth the payments. I was paying (no im not going to mention the exact $$$) but I will say it was roughly $9XX for 4 years with a pretty good sized d/p. The high APR rates for loans didnt help either and nor does my high insurance premiums.

Since I am letting the S4 go, I have been looking into the WRX but the 02 Max has still been sitting in the back of my head. Anyone want to help me learn more towards the Max?
Old 05-06-2002, 02:48 PM

SuDZ
Old 05-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: So I've been thinking of coming back to the Maxima community...

Originally posted by Synki
Since I am letting the S4 go, I have been looking into the WRX but the 02 Max has still been sitting in the back of my head. Anyone want to help me learn more towards the Max? [/B]
2002 Max dude!

255HP - 6 Speed

Old 05-06-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm needing a caw

$9XX per month for 4 years!? wow.
Old 05-06-2002, 02:55 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Here are a few things i'd do if I were you, Synki:

1)Buy a 1995 Maxima superblack SE 5spd, with low milage. That way you could have enough money for:

1)Diamond Clears
2)5% tint
3)clear/red tails
4)Rims
5)Suspension
6)Stillen Body kit
7)Home grown mesh grille
8)Painted calipers
9)Downpipe, headers, catback single or duals
10)Pacesetter STS
11)Nigel Turbocharger putting down 350+ TQ&HP

________

Option 2: Go domestic. Get yourself a z28, Firehawk, or Cobra. I know insurence would be as high as the s4 probubly, but it would be totally worth it IMO. Put some rims, tint, exhaust, and your set with a awesome sounding raw power machine.

Option 3: 2k2 Maxima 6-speed. Although fast as sin, IMHO more of a luxary sedan car than a speedy little sports sedan. It's styling and bigness, while definatally sexy, just doesn't give me that hustler vibe.

Theres what i'd do if I were you. Good luck
Old 05-06-2002, 02:55 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

with just a few necessary options, sunroof and maybe LSD.. get the 6spd max for like 24 grand and return to the Maxima community Payments will be a ****load of $ less than the S4 and you can be one of the few hardcore 2k2 owners, joining the ranks of dmbmaxima and emax YOU could be the fastest N/A Maxima
Old 05-06-2002, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
$9XX per month for 4 years!? wow.
Yep, since i am only a 22 male with little credit (i hate credit cards) so the rates were kinda high for me.

Not to mention my crazy NJ insurance. My insurance on my 99 (with 19 NJ points on it - $200 extra per point you get) was roughly 4600 a year full coverage with Liberty Mutual. Liek many other adults I have bills to pay as well.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:20 PM
I'm needing a caw

Woah! Waay too much for any car. If I were you, I would try to find a car that's alot easier on the insurance but can be made fast. ie.. Audi A4 w/ the ARP stage III or whatever. You know, put your $ in mods instead of insurance and payments.

Depends on what you want out of the car. Ie.. must be FWD/RWD/AWD. Must have xxx or less miles, must be 99' or newer etc.....

I mean fast on a budget can be a 240sx and a turbo ka or sr. Fast AWD might be a Galant VR4 or Audi 1.8T awd. Of course kev is getting 300 fwd hp on his maxima.

Yep, since i am only a 22 male with little credit (i hate credit cards) so the rates were kinda high for me.

Not to mention my crazy NJ insurance. My insurance on my 99 (with 19 NJ points on it - $200 extra per point you get) was roughly 4600 a year full coverage with Liberty Mutual. Liek many other adults I have bills to pay as well.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:35 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Wow, that's one hellava payment Synki. Get a new max, return to the dark side...
Old 05-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Craig Mack
Here are a few things i'd do if I were you, Synki:

1)Buy a 1995 Maxima superblack SE 5spd, with low milage. That way you could have enough money for:

1)Diamond Clears
2)5% tint
3)clear/red tails
4)Rims
5)Suspension
6)Stillen Body kit
7)Home grown mesh grille
8)Painted calipers
9)Downpipe, headers, catback single or duals
10)Pacesetter STS
11)Nigel Turbocharger putting down 350+ TQ&HP
________
Too MUCH Headache. Maintenance will not be fun.

Option 2: Go domestic. Get yourself a z28, Firehawk, or Cobra. I know insurence would be as high as the s4 probubly, but it would be totally worth it IMO. Put some rims, tint, exhaust, and your set with a awesome sounding raw power machine.
Rear Wheel Drive is always better than FWD. Right now, you are AWD. Your 60ft times must be less than 2 seconds!!! Extremely good in snow & rain. American cars will break sooner than you would like. An 02 Camaro SS limited edition or TransAm with some bolt-ons will smoke quite a lot of cars, including your stock S4.

Option 3: 2k2 Maxima 6-speed. Although fast as sin, IMHO more of a luxary sedan car than a speedy little sports sedan. It's styling and bigness, while definatally sexy, just doesn't give me that hustler vibe.
NA engine will give you MAXIMUM of 290 crank HP...and it is FWD! NO SC or Turbo yet available.

A WRX would've been an excellent choice but the damn glass transmissions just keep falling apart.

You could've gone with a A4 1.8T with APR Stage III kit or PES Stage III kit giving you 270 wheel HP on pump gas and 300wheel hp on race gas + All Wheel Drive.!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 04:03 PM
Cumalittle

g35...altho it's ugly off the a$$...wat it offer is wat everyone wanted in their max...

Old 05-06-2002, 04:06 PM

Come back stynki, come backkkkk
Old 05-06-2002, 04:18 PM

Found this on VW Forums

Here's is an excerpt from the VW Boys:
VWVortex Forum Link
------------------------------------
Here is some candy for those people wanting or waiting on APR Stg3.
Ran a little race gas yesterday for grins, we had a big Dub show yesterday so I was giving rides to the guys in our crew, who were interested. Anyway I raced a APR chipped S4 6spd who was feeling fast with his new software. I uterly destoyed him from a roll, I'm talking 6 car lengths worth of distance, @ 110 he was starting to look kinda small in the rearview if you know what I mean.
_______

'00 Golf GLS 1.8T Indigo Blue
APR Stg III
A brand new 2002 Jetta with 4 doors (or a wagon if you prefer) costs less than $20,000. ($18,533 invoice AND 3.9% APR financing). As much as I love my Maxima, NA motors with high compression engines are not for reliable power mods...
Old 05-06-2002, 04:29 PM

Yes Synki, come back to us!

350Z?
Old 05-06-2002, 04:40 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

Can I have a test drive before you let it go?

If your payments weren't so high I would trade ya....
Old 05-06-2002, 04:46 PM

do you really need to be convinced to come back to the maxima comunity after owning two maximas?
Old 05-06-2002, 04:51 PM

Re: Found this on VW Forums

Originally posted by dashingMax
Here's is an excerpt from the VW Boys:
VWVortex Forum Link
Here is some candy for those people wanting or waiting on APR Stg3.
Ran a little race gas yesterday for grins, we had a big Dub show yesterday so I was giving rides to the guys in our crew, who were interested. Anyway I raced a APR chipped S4 6spd who was feeling fast with his new software. I uterly destoyed him from a roll, I'm talking 6 car lengths worth of distance, @ 110 he was starting to look kinda small in the rearview if you know what I mean.
_______

'00 Golf GLS 1.8T Indigo Blue
APR Stg III
A brand new 2002 Jetta with 4 doors (or a wagon if you prefer) costs less than $20,000. ($18,533 invoice AND 3.9% APR financing). As much as I love my Maxima, NA motors with high compression engines are not for reliable power mods...
This is just my opinion, so don't get offended...I think everything Volkswagon is for chicks...The GTi's looks pretty nice for hatchbacks from the REAR, and the wheels are cool, but the front is G-A-Y. The front is the same that's on the cabrio, and that looks way to girly.

An american muscle car might break down more often, but that way you get to work on it more. And no import can beat it's down low power.

Synki, just be smart like your brother and get a damn lightning.
Old 05-06-2002, 05:11 PM

Go test drive the Maximas. You won't be disappointed with the 2k2. My favorite features are the HIDs, 17" alloys, and of course the 3.5L VQ engine.

Whatever you choose, best of luck with it in the future.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:25 PM

Id say get a 2k2 max... I was goign to get rid of mine mainyl cause its auto and got frustrating at times, but I waxed it yesterday and just couldnt stop staring at it..now getting wheels very very soon
Old 05-06-2002, 06:32 PM

And I thought I was the only one paying $9xx+ for 1 vehicle.

GC
Old 05-06-2002, 06:44 PM

Damn Synki, all that money spent for that car and you can't even have sex with it.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by deezo
Damn Synki, all that maney spent for that car and you can't even have sex with it.
What's 'maney'? Is it a word you invented?
Old 05-06-2002, 06:54 PM

What's 'maney'? Is it a word you invented?
I'm from Zimbabwe, what do you want?
Old 05-06-2002, 06:58 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: So I've been thinking of coming back to the Maxima community...

Damn man it has been a long time. Well, I will say before you choose, drive many cars. Getting a 2k2 Max I doubt will drop your payments much unless you go 6 yrs. The S4 worth is about 30k right now anyways used in good condition. Now if you get a WRX, or somethign smaller but more fun, yes its worth it. I recommend driving at least 5 cars before you decide.

1) Maxima 6spd (27k)
2) WRX (23k)
3) Acura CL-S 6spd (28k)
4) GTI 25TH ANNIVERSARY 6SPD 1.8T (fast), about (25k)
5) Wait a little bit and check the Mit. Evo, 0-60 4.6sec, its quick :P

...What would some of you "verterans" have to say about that? Its kinda sad when you think that i have owned back to back Maximas (92 Max & 99 Max).

For all the new people who care, i ended up getting a 01 S4 but decided its not worth the payments. I was paying (no im not going to mention the exact $$$) but I will say it was roughly $9XX for 4 years with a pretty good sized d/p. The high APR rates for loans didnt help either and nor does my high insurance premiums.

Since I am letting the S4 go, I have been looking into the WRX but the 02 Max has still been sitting in the back of my head. Anyone want to help me learn more towards the Max?

Old 05-06-2002, 07:23 PM

Do you absolutely need 4 doors? What about the 350Z? Can you wait for the G35 Coupe w/6-speed or the Mitsubishi Evo VII?
Old 05-06-2002, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by Confused
Can I have a test drive before you let it go?

If your payments weren't so high I would trade ya....:

I would have loved to do some pulls with jOO in that car. No more losing!
Old 05-06-2002, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Woah! Waay too much for any car. If I were you, I would try to find a car that's alot easier on the insurance but can be made fast. ie.. Audi A4 w/ the ARP stage III or whatever. You know, put your $ in mods instead of insurance and payments.

Depends on what you want out of the car. Ie.. must be FWD/RWD/AWD. Must have xxx or less miles, must be 99' or newer etc.....

I mean fast on a budget can be a 240sx and a turbo ka or sr. Fast AWD might be a Galant VR4 or Audi 1.8T awd. Of course kev is getting 300 fwd hp on his maxima.

I was thinking the samething Jeff.

I considered the Audi A4 1.8T but it just seemed like a wanna be S4.

I also considered a GTI VR6 and buying the HPA TT kit for it. It produces a "conservative" 425hp on 91 octane gas. I couldnt imagine what it would be like to drive a car that small with so much power.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:52 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

we don't want you back
Old 05-06-2002, 07:52 PM

Re: Re: Found this on VW Forums

This is just my opinion, so don't get offended...I think everything Volkswagon is for chicks...The GTi's looks pretty nice for hatchbacks from the REAR, and the wheels are cool, but the front is G-A-Y. The front is the same that's on the cabrio, and that looks way to girly.

An american muscle car might break down more often, but that way you get to work on it more. And no import can beat it's down low power.

Synki, just be smart like your brother and get a damn lightning.
You know, i actually feel the same about VW's. I just dont know why.

And its my cousin who has Lightning.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by Cisco
And I thought I was the only one paying $9xx+ for 1 vehicle.

GC
Nope. Your def not the only one man.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:57 PM

Re: Re: So I've been thinking of coming back to the Maxima community...

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Damn man it has been a long time. Well, I will say before you choose, drive many cars. Getting a 2k2 Max I doubt will drop your payments much unless you go 6 yrs. The S4 worth is about 30k right now anyways used in good condition. Now if you get a WRX, or somethign smaller but more fun, yes its worth it. I recommend driving at least 5 cars before you decide.

1) Maxima 6spd (27k)
2) WRX (23k)
3) Acura CL-S 6spd (28k)
4) GTI 25TH ANNIVERSARY 6SPD 1.8T (fast), about (25k)
5) Wait a little bit and check the Mit. Evo, 0-60 4.6sec, its quick :P

Those are def cars i had considered Russ.

I actually woudl pick the CL-S over the Max just because they are both as fast as each other but I just wanted somethign different ya know?

The GTI is still something i am looking at & the EVO, well, its still a DSM and pretty much the same DSM. I had a DSM and it was just a headache.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
we don't want you back
Nicky Boy:Smash:

And to think, I almost ended up working with you. Hehehe.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:18 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: So I've been thinking of coming back to the Maxima community...

Those are def cars i had considered Russ.

I actually woudl pick the CL-S over the Max just because they are both as fast as each other but I just wanted somethign different ya know?

The GTI is still something i am looking at & the EVO, well, its still a DSM and pretty much the same DSM. I had a DSM and it was just a headache.
True, DSMs are problem cars, but can be made fast. Drive, feel, see what u fall in love with, and put the money down. :P

Old 05-06-2002, 08:38 PM

I also considered a GTI VR6 and buying the HPA TT kit for it. It produces a "conservative" 425hp on 91 octane gas. I couldnt imagine what it would be like to drive a car that small with so much power.
I got Three words for you!
Front Wheel Drive
With all those ponies, you will only gain wheel spin. You will be sure to blow your tranny and engine unless you did some serious modifications to rebuild and fortify them both!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:00 PM

VR6 TT Beetle

Here's some more info on your VR6 Twin Turbo:
------------------
If you can dream it up, HPA can build it, and depending on which vehicle you begin with (a Beetle has neither a VR6 nor AWD; a GTI has a VR6 motor, but not AWD; a TT already has AWD, but can accept a V-6, etc.), mods can range from a simple $9800 VR6 engine install to the $50-55K full-tilt twin-turbo AWD V-6 terror you see here. This Beetle GT6 actually belongs to a generous and trusting HPA customer and carries an estimated out-the-door grand-total price of $65,000, including the donor Beetle.
------------------
HPA Motorsport Stage 3 for VW/Audi VR6
Old 05-06-2002, 09:15 PM

HPA Twin Turbo Video

For all you German speaking peeps. Here's a video on the VR6 TT.
Enjoy!
VR6 TT Video
-----------------
Found a perfect car for you Synki!
400+ HP Audi S4 on eBay.com
Old 05-07-2002, 06:16 AM

If i was in your place I would have a WRX in my driveway already. No doubt in my mind.
I'll tell you again
WRX
that is all.

Ant
Old 05-07-2002, 06:24 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

I was thinking the samething Jeff.

Well, If you want a MAXima, then you're left with 3rd gens or 97 to 99 GXE 5-speeds, or fairly stripped down 95 to 96 models. The '02 is still a Minima.....

We really need to know your budget......
Old 05-07-2002, 06:29 AM
Administrator

buy a CL-S
Old 05-07-2002, 06:31 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

SprintMax = Russ

Quick Reply: So I've been thinking of coming back to the Maxima community...