Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   General Maxima Discussion (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion-1/)
-   -   MOTM for July (https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/96757-motm-july.html)

JoesMAX 06-24-2002 07:10 PM

MOTM for July

I nominate Jeff (Maximus75) for MOTM for July... he was at the meet in jersey city, and im sure most of the people who attended saw his car. who else thinks so?

MAX420 06-24-2002 07:27 PM

Re: MOTM for July

Originally posted by JoesMAX
I nominate Jeff (Maximus75) for MOTM for July... he was at the meet in jersey city, and im sure most of the people who attended saw his car. who else thinks so?

I agree......His car should get nominated for MOTM for July.... a very sweet car!

nymjayjay 06-24-2002 09:23 PM

I also strongly agree with his car for MOTM, beautiful car and good mechanic.;)

Jay

CorvetteKid 06-24-2002 10:34 PM

Originally posted by nymjayjay
I also strongly agree with his car for MOTM, beautiful car and good mechanic.;)

Jay

I dont think he should be nominated...i think he should win...:D His car is incredible...i had a quick ride through second gear the other day...WOW! is all i can say...And yes, he is a great mechanic and great person too...if you read this Jeff, i think you should put your boat in there too....:laugh: Good Luck

black019 06-25-2002 03:47 AM

i vote dnl933

Ghost face Max 06-25-2002 05:19 AM

Yes, he should, he has a nice ride!!!!!

i999Maximagirl 06-25-2002 06:34 AM

Jeff aka Maximus75 :D

delio 06-25-2002 07:29 AM

Jeff's car is very purty...

:goofy: :laugh: :kiss:

Chris91SE 06-25-2002 08:26 AM

i agree...Jeff wins :D

gtr_rider 06-25-2002 08:42 AM

Re: MOTM for July

Originally posted by JoesMAX

damn it.. his mine already!:mad:

N34JZ 06-25-2002 08:42 AM

yeah agreed

Originally posted by Chris91SE
i agree...Jeff wins :D
his car is nice, and he's a good guy.

NickStam 06-25-2002 08:51 AM

ok, I'll allow it. Give it to him.

JoesMAX 06-25-2002 09:19 AM

Originally posted by NickStam
who died and made you the administrator? :goofy:

Deac 06-25-2002 10:43 AM

Grrrr...

Hmmph!!! A brother gets no love! :mad:

Deac

N34JZ 06-25-2002 10:56 AM

Re: Grrrr...

Originally posted by Deac

Hmmph!!! A brother gets no love! :mad:

Deac

your car is hot too but I like Jeff's more

maximus75 06-27-2002 04:31 PM

How the hell did I miss this thread!:) MOTM would be nice;)

N34JZ 06-27-2002 04:35 PM

Originally posted by maximus75
yes it would, Ill be calling you soon to install some more goodies:)

CorvetteKid 06-27-2002 04:40 PM

Originally posted by maximus75
Can i be in the picture? AND I SAT IN HIS CAR TODAY...ALL I DID WAS PUT UP THE WINDOWS, and pretend i was driving...:D

black019 06-27-2002 04:58 PM

i still nominate dnl933

Donkey® 06-27-2002 08:45 PM

MOTM is a bullsh#t! There are some Max's out there that are way better than some of these recently posted MOTM.

gtr_rider 06-27-2002 10:01 PM

I shun this thread:smash: :D

Deac 06-28-2002 12:01 AM

Re: Re: Grrrr...

Originally posted by N34JZ

your car is hot too but I like Jeff's more

Hmmmm... 5th Gen haters??? :mad: Who is Jeff and what the heck do I have to do to win this dmn thing?!? Oh by the way did I mention I had a "HOVER-CONVERSION" done a-la Back to the Future... bet I'm the only Max with that!?!? :naughty:

Deac

Y2KevSE 06-28-2002 12:24 AM

Originally posted by look2me40
MOTM is a bullsh#t! There are some Max's out there that are way better than some of these recently posted MOTM.
O really? Like who?

What happened to you wanting it? Hmmmmmmm?????

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE TRY TO BE FAIR: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=110384 IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY/OUR DECISION, GO CRY ON ANOTHER FORUM. YOU WANT MOTM... GOOD LUCK IN THIS LIFETIME.

AznWontonboy 06-28-2002 12:54 AM

breathe kev.. breathe :)

Y2KevSE 06-28-2002 01:26 AM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
breathe kev.. breathe :)
Bill taught me to rule with an iron fist. :kiss:

maximus75 06-28-2002 05:02 AM

:)

Blu 06-28-2002 05:25 AM

well i nominate deac he has put a lot of effort and money in his car so flame me if you want but thats what i think:)

NickStam 06-28-2002 05:31 AM

Don't worry people, winning MOTM isn't equivalent to the Nobel Prize

Blu 06-28-2002 05:34 AM

i know but MOTM is way above the nobel prize its in the same league as the metal of honor:laugh:

Don't worry people, winning MOTM isn't equivalent to the Nobel Prize

Donkey® 06-28-2002 05:40 AM

Maxima of the Month

Kev...

I do not WANT Maxima of the month nor do I EVER want Maxima of the month on this biased forum. Your post to this thread only further lets me know that the system is flawed and I am not the only one that thinks so. My whole point in saying that 'MOTM is bullsh#t' is the fact that these MOTM threads about 'I nominate so and so' or 'So and so should win MOTM' are totally useless and a huge waste of storage space.

Lime 06-28-2002 05:43 AM

wow this is scary!! :eek:
My birthday is coming up soon; you guys should give me MOTM as a present! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA totally kidding. Sorry, I just think this is all funny.

Donkey® 06-28-2002 05:46 AM

One last thing...

Kev...

Next time you start a thread wanting us to vote for you on something to 'represent the Maxima community', remember how you talk to people, you might get more votes.

bill99gxe 06-28-2002 06:02 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Bill taught me to rule with an iron fist. :kiss:

http://www.boostedmaximas.com/images...s/thumbsup.gif

bill99gxe 06-28-2002 06:14 AM

Re: One last thing...

Kev...

Next time you start a thread wanting us to vote for you on something to 'represent the Maxima community', remember how you talk to people, you might get more votes.

A) Do you like looking like a dumbass? And did you bother reading the post Kev linked?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=110384

That is why the MOTM "voting" is no longer. Kev selects a candidate, and the moderators approve/disapprove. At one time, Kev took nominations, but (as usual) members here chose to b!tch about Kev's selection rather than the opportunity to help participate.

You really should be p!ssed at the other members who participated in that thread, not Kev who actually exercises effort to get the MOTM out the door every month. But that requires effort and knowledge that you do not or seem to want to have.

B) It is extremely rare for Kev to be that bold, but many members here insist on pushing buttons with moderators and think they can get away with it, and we should bend over and take it with a smile. Guess what? That's not reality.

C) You're welcome to choose whether to pay attention to Kev's posts or not. Our world here will not suffer if you leave or stop posting. Rather, it would suffer if Kev left. So, guess who's side everyone will be on?

D) If you continue to be argumentative with Kev, then I will turn certain members here loose on you (without moderation), and you will regret ever logging on in these forums. That isn't a threat, it's a promise.

Hopefully you have learned:

1) To construct your posts more respectfully
2) Lay off Kev
3) Suffer major consequences if you continue to diss on one of our best members here.

The ball is in your court.

:) Have a nice day. :)

Blu 06-28-2002 06:23 AM

no flames but is there no way to pick like 5 maxes and make it a poll only thread were you can't post anything just vote once. just my opinion moderators but not really sure whats possible

bill99gxe 06-28-2002 06:28 AM

Originally posted by TRUblu2K2
no flames but is there no way to pick like 5 maxes and make it a poll only thread were you can't post anything just vote once. just my opinion moderators but not really sure whats possible
No, that was the source of the problem. Too many complained about the ones NOT in the poll.

You have to remember the respectful, intelligent members in this forum are in a minority. So when trust is extended and then p!ssed on by other members, it's simply revoked. Either way they complain, so illustrating consequences for actions is the only way to get through.

It's unfortunate. :(

maximus75 06-28-2002 06:31 AM

We should have a MOTM for each gen because it does mean a lot for some people and we only have 12 months and 5 gens. It may not be the like winning the gold metal but it shows that people have noticed all the hard work we put into our cars and they appreciate it. Just a thought.:)

Blu 06-28-2002 06:35 AM

i understand about the poll but the MOTM for each generation would be cool but just a thought:)

Donkey® 06-28-2002 08:27 AM

Kev, your beloved leader, got loud with me when I thought I brought up a good point. I READ the thread he posted and yes, back when that happened, maybe there was a lot of arguing and bickering...but maybe we should open a discussion (once again) on the subject? That was my intention. Bill, refrain from your 'dumbass' comments because that will do nothing but start static. If you need to resort to calling people names...then maybe the word is more suited for you? Your promises, threats, words have no effect on me. I don't care if Kev is the Almighty himself...there was no need for him to get loud with ME. Just as there is no need for the words that you are throwing in my direction. I could care less what you think of me or my threads...believe me, I have seen way dumber subjects. (Lights around the tailpipes?) I also could care less if I am banned or become an outcast. If that is what happens to people who make their opinion known so be it. So, Bill, release the hounds...do your worst. The only wake up call I am getting out of this is the fact I did know there were so many jerks with Maximas. Another thing I am learning is the Moderators need to moderate their own statements every once in a while.

bill99gxe 06-28-2002 09:19 AM

Kev, your beloved leader, got loud with me when I thought I brought up a good point. I READ the thread he posted and yes, back when that happened, maybe there was a lot of arguing and bickering...but maybe we should open a discussion (once again) on the subject? That was my intention.

You made zero effort to articulate that point at the appropriate time in your original post. Therefore, we have to treat such comments as a lack of effort on the thread instigator's part. It's the nature of our business.

Bill, refrain from your 'dumbass' comments because that will do nothing but start static.

I'm the moderator, you are not. I call them as I see them, especially when you are coming down on a moderator. It is politely asked in the rules for you to take grievances up with that moderator privately, not in the General Forum as it doesn't belong here. Because that procedure was not followed, comments and judgments from moderator(s) are beyond reproach.

If you need to resort to calling people names...then maybe the word is more suited for you?

See prior response.

Your promises, threats, words have no effect on me.

You're correct.....at least not until I follow through with them.

I don't care if Kev is the Almighty himself...there was no need for him to get loud with ME.

Let's review the content of your original post, shall we?

and then this one:

I do not WANT Maxima of the month nor do I EVER want Maxima of the month on this biased forum. Your post to this thread only further lets me know that the system is flawed and I am not the only one that thinks so. My whole point in saying that 'MOTM is bullsh#t' is the fact that these MOTM threads about 'I nominate so and so' or 'So and so should win MOTM' are totally useless and a huge waste of storage space.
Tell me how your post(s) was/were:

A) Respectful of Kev's efforts
B) Appropriate for a public forum
C) Construes an ioda of maturity on your part

Words mean things. Your abuse of language caused my abuse of language towards you. The problem lies with the person you see when you look in the mirror.

Kev isn't the Almighty, but he is a RESPECTED leader BY EVERYONE. Cuts at him WON'T BE TOLERATED HERE. You are nothing.

Again, you should have handled it privately or through the Feedback forum or stated your case in a mature manner instead of the way you initiated the flame war.

Just as there is no need for the words that you are throwing in my direction. I could care less what you think of me or my threads...believe me, I have seen way dumber subjects. (Lights around the tailpipes?) I also could care less if I am banned or become an outcast. If that is what happens to people who make their opinion known so be it.

No, but being an outcast is what you become when you don't respect the leadership here, other member's rides, and try to portray yourself as a sweet, innocent little member who is being "oppressed" by moderators. That crap gets you nowhere on these forums.

So, Bill, release the hounds...do your worst.

You really have no clue what you are asking for.....

The only wake up call I am getting out of this is the fact I did know there were so many jerks with Maximas.

I'm also understanding that there are more rather than less members who would prefer to b!tch and moan about every little thing rather than contribute and help. But, oh well that does require more effort than saying the MOTM is bullsh!t.....

Another thing I am learning is the Moderators need to moderate their own statements every once in a while.
Not when someone else instigates the flaming.