Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

5th Gen Led Mirrors - headcount

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:46 PM

5th Gen Led Mirrors - headcount

After much time and labor, I found someone who is willing to sell us Led mirrors at a reasonable price. The price is stated below:

10+ people - $145.00
20+ people - $125.00
30+ people - $115.00
40+ people - $105.00

The led's mirrors are sameones Custom Maxima sells on their website. I can't reveal the name of the contact/business yet, most of us have purchased from him before so it will not be a credibilty issue. He does a lot of business with Custom Maxima and he doesn't want to cause any conflict by selling the same product at a cheaper price. Once I get a headcount I will contact him and he will tell me how he wants you to contact him. Let me know. Thanks Mo.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 5th Gen Led Mirrors - headcount

Originally posted by ICULookN
After much time and labor, I found someone who is willing to sell us Led mirrors at a reasonable price. The price is stated below:

10+ people - $145.00
20+ people - $125.00
30+ people - $115.00
40+ people - $105.00

The led's mirrors are sameones Custom Maxima sells on their website. I can't reveal the name of the contact/business yet, most of us have purchased from him before so it will not be a credibilty issue. He does a lot of business with Custom Maxima and he doesn't want to cause any conflict by selling the same product at a cheaper price. Once I get a headcount I will contact him and he will tell me how he wants you to contact him. Let me know. Thanks Mo.
i'm down....but what colors do these come in? or do we have to get them painted ourselves to match our car?
Old 03-31-2003, 05:06 PM

I may be down, but like K Pazzo says, depends on the color and how it looks.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:42 AM

how about 4th gens????
Old 04-01-2003, 08:09 AM

The mirrors come unpainted, they are the same exact ones that are on Custom Maxima's website.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:27 AM

Here is a link for the lazy ones:

http://www.custommaxima.com/LEDTurnSignalMirrors.php

But I dont know.... For $150, I better get my y-pipe first before this mod.

~limsandy
Old 04-01-2003, 12:06 PM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by limsandy
Here is a link for the lazy ones:

http://www.custommaxima.com/LEDTurnSignalMirrors.php

IMO, those are FUGLY and don't flow well with the lines of the 5th gens....if the LEDs were flush mounted onto stock mirrors, then I'd be in for $105....

but not for those FUGLY things...

Old 04-01-2003, 05:24 PM

is the automatic mirror still gonna work after this?
Old 04-01-2003, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

IMO, those are FUGLY and don't flow well with the lines of the 5th gens....if the LEDs were flush mounted onto stock mirrors, then I'd be in for $105....

but not for those FUGLY things...
I'd have to agree. Those are pretty ugly. Like he said, if the LEDs were flush mounted it'll look a whole lot better.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
is the automatic mirror still gonna work after this?
Your heated mirrors and automatic mirrors will definitely still work. These are just covers on the outside with LEDs..
Old 04-01-2003, 08:32 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

People pay $100+ for those? Holy crap. I wouldn't pay $10. Sorry for the flame, but those are hideous.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:43 AM

Re: 5th Gen Led Mirrors - headcount

10+ people - $145.00
20+ people - $125.00
30+ people - $115.00
40+ people - $105.00

If your contact person is the same person who I think it is then he's a great guy to do business with. Cheap prices and good business..
Old 04-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Sanduguero

5th Gen Led Mirrors

I dont think they are Fugly
Old 04-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Sanduguero

5th Gen Led Mirrors

Old 04-04-2003, 03:50 PM

Re: 5th Gen Led Mirrors

Originally posted by playero

different strokes for different folks.....i like them....i'm in
Old 04-06-2003, 11:34 PM
teddibear703

How about M3 style mirrors for the 5th gen? I would buy a set. thanks!
Old 04-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just bought these and had them mounted, I'm not sure i should have, cost a lot, and THEY ARE NOT FLUSH WITH THE CAR. You can't really tell in the picture, or even at a glance from a few feet away... but they definatly don't fit well. Just a word of warning.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by McDisneySoft
I just bought these and had them mounted, I'm not sure i should have, cost a lot, and THEY ARE NOT FLUSH WITH THE CAR. You can't really tell in the picture, or even at a glance from a few feet away... but they definatly don't fit well. Just a word of warning.
that's what i'm thinking..that they aren't worth the effort..
Old 04-07-2003, 10:22 AM

Mcdisneysoft do you have pictures of yours installed? Playeros' pictures are from a distance away and you can't tell the fitment. Playero do you feel the same way about fitment as he does? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:56 PM

I dont have a digital cam, and my scanner is on the fritz. i don't think I'll have time to getthe pics before this GD is over. But like i said, they don't fit properly. I just assumed that they were made to fit 4th gens, and custom maxima lied to me, but I think that tthey're just generic, and not for any specific car really. also, the way they light up is kind of stupid. In that whole white strip, there are only 16 or so LEDs, what I'm getting at is that the LEDs are sparsly distributed. At night, from far away, when activated, they look great! But in most othe situations, they don't look very good. I wish I would have spent the money and put it toward the superlegerra's I'm looking to buy.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:15 PM

What I was told was that these led's were the sameones that were made for a group deal on the org about 9-12 months ago and the manufacture had to refund the money because it so long for it to be designed. He basically sold part of the stock once it was completed to Custom Maxima and others. This deal does not have a cutoff time at this point. Thanks to anyone who could get me good pictures of these installed.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:54 AM

I have them, and will post pics. And I agree, it is not made exactly for the 5th gen. It is made for the 4th gens.It follows the lines ont the top and sides and most of the bottom. But right where the mirror folds in and out, the cover comes up short. Maybe to some it's not a big thing, but if you and your friends are car guys, its noticible. If you put your cars in shows, do not get it...you'll probably lose points cause of the fitment. If you get it, do not color match the mirror to the car, to get that factory two tone look, paint the damn cover black!!! i'll post after I get home from work tonight.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:55 AM

But I do wanna say the damn LED's are bright!
Old 04-08-2003, 07:48 AM

BigH, I just went on your website, your led's appear to be different than Custom Maxima. Who were they made by?
Old 04-08-2003, 11:56 AM

Actually those wre homemade jobbies...I had some time on my hands. I have the ones you are trying to get the deal on.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:02 PM

Post closer/detailed pics when you get a chance.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:00 PM

I can't tell from Playero's pics but the ones on Custom Maxima's site are BFUGLY. The lip on the outer edge suck and it has bad fitment issuses, I don't want a gap on the inside edge!
Also if these are just the back cover of the housing then we can do this ourselves for a whole lot less. And if done oureselves we'll have the perfect paint match! LED's are cheap just like the one for the spoiler, Right K pazzo 6. What there's 40 or so leds in that one thats more than stock. Two small housings with 15 to 20 leds per side should only run $50 max, thats being nice to the vendor too.

If it's out there I'll do my best to find it. If someone can get the wiring info...
Old 04-08-2003, 04:47 PM

Post closer/detailed pics when you get a chance.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:55 PM

don't take me wrong...i really like them and at night they are awesome.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:46 PM

sorry for the dirty car, but here are some closeups of the fitment.

http://community.webshots.com/user/bighmann
Old 04-08-2003, 08:55 PM

Nice car. Thanks for the pics, I see the fitment issues. Do you think the bottom piece can be dremeled or sanded smooth without causing significant damage(1st picture)? I think as far as the gap goes, I would try to use plastic/clay puddy that they sell in Pepboys to repair dents in cars and fill it in the gap(2nd picture). It hardens once dry, then have the whole thing re-painted. I don't want to feel like your movie/video director but could you take a full picture of the front and back of the mirror? Thanks for all your help, I want to come up with ideas to help you make yours look better and help resolve potential issues for future owners. I think this is best option we have without losing our power/heated mirrors.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Sanduguero

My opinion on the gaps and other issues is... yes there are not made or designed for 5th gens i mean they fit but they are not profesional looking like the benz...:-( but you know i am not that picky i just wanted some LEDs and at night you cant see the after marker stuff my Leds are either equal or brighter than most aftermarker LED mirrors so in conclusion yes they are not 100% perfect but they do their main job! give lots of light!

if you guys need more pictures.. closer let me know or PM me

Playero
Old 04-11-2003, 12:57 PM

LED mirrors with condensation issues.

I'm not planning on getting the LED mirrors, but from the few that I've seen installed (only on 4th Gens, so far) there seems to be an issue with condensation on the inside of the LED housing. Just a heads-up for those considering purchasing them. You may want to wait to see them installed first, in person. Peace.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:10 AM

Just to let you guys know, their is nice picture of the led covers on a 4th gen. It's on www.paradox-systems.com website in the gallery section. This is the same person Toylet902, Playero, and Custom Maxima got theres from. Real nice looking 4th gen.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:49 AM

Just to let you guys know, their is nice picture of the led covers on a 4th gen. It's on www.paradox-systems.com website in the gallery section. This is the same person Toylet902, Playero, and Custom Maxima got theres from. Real nice looking 4th gen.
Now that you posted this link to this new page it looks like Greg @ CustomMaxima.com will be loosing a great deal of sales b/c the prices on this website are considerably cheaper than Gregs.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:40 AM

I still don't like the way the LED protrudes out beyond the outer edge of the cover. Is there a reason that they are made this way?

I am having a hard time finding a LED light close to those dimensions if anyone has an idea of where to look please let me know. I will hack mine up and put them in my mirrors take pics with a write up.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:03 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by maximaman777
I still don't like the way the LED protrudes out beyond the outer edge of the cover. Is there a reason that they are made this way?

I am having a hard time finding a LED light close to those dimensions if anyone has an idea of where to look please let me know. I will hack mine up and put them in my mirrors take pics with a write up.
Ya know.... I was thinking of doing the same thing with MY car. I'm actually in the process of dropping in a set of Skyline mirrors on my car, so hacking won't be much of an issue. But like you, finding LED's in a dimension that would be suitable for this kinda job seems to be close to impossible.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:55 AM

I verified with Igor and the manufacture, the led covers are different for the 4th gen and 5th gen. The manufacture stated if there are any fitment issues, the installer did not install it correctly. This group deal will apply to the 4th gen and 5th gen, could someone modify the title to state 4th gen/5th gen, I don't know how to. Maximamann777, the lip extends out so that cars behind us will be able to see the light flashing, some Mercedes models have 1 led dot that flashes on the side, the new Navigator flashes below. We could have M3 mirrors designed but it will cost $5000 - $7000 just for development, even the Altima, IS300, and GS400 guys will have led covers. Anybody who wants on this deal, let me know. I'm a novice on this but how do I post pics? Thanks.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:08 AM

I verified with Igor and the manufacture, the led covers are different for the 4th gen and 5th gen. The manufacture stated if there are any fitment issues, the installer did not install it correctly. This group deal will apply to the 4th gen and 5th gen, could someone modify the title to state 4th gen/5th gen, I don't know how to. Maximamann777, the lip extends out so that cars behind us will be able to see the light flashing, some Mercedes models have 1 led dot that flashes on the side, the new Navigator flashes below. We could have M3 mirrors designed but it will cost $5000 - $7000 just for development, even the Altima, IS300, and GS400 guys will have led covers. Anybody who wants on this deal, let me know. I'm a novice on this but how do I post pics? Thanks.
I don't know what to tell you. The more I look at these the less I like'em and I didn't like'em much to start with. I'd rather have what I've got than put those on my car.

If I can't find a set of LED's to put in the stock covers then maybe down the line someone will come out with a better one. Good luck with the group buy, other peps may like'em and buy a set.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:40 PM
Sanduguero

Originally posted by maximaman777

I don't know what to tell you. The more I look at these the less I like'em and I didn't like'em much to start with. I'd rather have what I've got than put those on my car.

If I can't find a set of LED's to put in the stock covers then maybe down the line someone will come out with a better one. Good luck with the group buy, other peps may like'em and buy a set.
you dont know what you are missing

Quick Reply: 5th Gen Led Mirrors - headcount