Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

ANOTHER KYB GR-2 GP $260 shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Despite Max, women still avoid him

Don't forget to post with the info Nik, inquiring minds want to know.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey guys/girls, I think theres one or two of them...
KYB has been trickinling us GR2's this week, and we sent out only 3 of your orders. As of today (thursday) we still have not recieved the bulk that we ordered to fill all of your orders. I contacted KYB and they told me that their distribution are very busy with shipments of new AGX's coming in, etc... They did not want to tell me that my order was not big and important enough to put their priority on. Do not worry, they will be shipped, and they will get to all of you who have not recieved faster than normal. I really apologize to all of you who have been waiting, especially those who had made plans to install the struts and did not recieve them in time.
To help ease the pain however, take a look at the previous GR2 GP thread. THe same thing happened to that one. I feel sorry for the guy who had to do that customer service. I like the customer service though. Even if someone is flaming mad, I still learn something very useful.

I will keep everyone updated, and there WILL be tracking numbers!
Old 05-30-2003, 04:17 AM

Does this include both back and front shocks????

DJ Kontakt,
Does this include both fronts and backs for 5th gen???
Old 05-30-2003, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by DJ Kontakt
Hey guys/girls, I think theres one or two of them...
KYB has been trickinling us GR2's this week, and we sent out only 3 of your orders. As of today (thursday) we still have not recieved the bulk that we ordered to fill all of your orders. I contacted KYB and they told me that their distribution are very busy with shipments of new AGX's coming in, etc... They did not want to tell me that my order was not big and important enough to put their priority on. Do not worry, they will be shipped, and they will get to all of you who have not recieved faster than normal. I really apologize to all of you who have been waiting, especially those who had made plans to install the struts and did not recieve them in time.
To help ease the pain however, take a look at the previous GR2 GP thread. THe same thing happened to that one. I feel sorry for the guy who had to do that customer service. I like the customer service though. Even if someone is flaming mad, I still learn something very useful.

I will keep everyone updated, and there WILL be tracking numbers!
Did you notify who the 3 orders want out too??? I was wondering if one was mine???
Old 05-30-2003, 09:57 AM

dude, whats going on over there?? you said on two different emails that mine were shipped already. first one on the 13th, then you said it was shipped again on the 23rd cuz you mistakenly sent it to someone else. and now, on your email last night, you said it might be at your house?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:51 PM

BUMP........until I see mine.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:23 AM

I'm very interested in these GR-2's for my 2k1 with 37k miles on stock shox and Maxspeeds...are these good with lowered springs? I don't need the adjustability of AGX's, but I want a firm ride with rock solid handling.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:34 AM

you want a firm ride, get eibach springs...not maxspeed.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:21 AM

Has anyone else that order these struts got there's yet??? I ordered on the 19th....
Old 06-02-2003, 05:25 AM

Originally posted by busakiller
Has anyone else that order these struts got there's yet??? I ordered on the 19th....
I ordered mine I think around the same time you did...but I am picking them up, so I will give him the money once the pick up has been made...I am hoping I can get them this week b/c I just received the Tein Springs, and I want to get them on soon.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:43 AM

Originally posted by marky3320

I ordered mine I think around the same time you did...but I am picking them up, so I will give him the money once the pick up has been made...I am hoping I can get them this week b/c I just received the Tein Springs, and I want to get them on soon.
I got my Teins too but no struts... I have no clue on whats going on.. I've email him and no responds back... This is why i didn't really want to do this GD **** because these ppl never have anything in stock then they have to order it.. I should of spent the extra money and bought them off someone who had them in stock ready to ship like i did my springs.. Live and learn I guess...
Old 06-03-2003, 04:35 PM

I got my Teins too but no struts... I have no clue on whats going on.. I've email him and no responds back... This is why i didn't really want to do this GD **** because these ppl never have anything in stock then they have to order it.. I should of spent the extra money and bought them off someone who had them in stock ready to ship like i did my springs.. Live and learn I guess...
This is beginning to annoy me...I emailed him a couple of days ago and no response. He mentioned something before about his shop getting ready for a car show, but he did not specify if was this week, last or next. We will have to wait and see. I have my Tein springs, Greddy catback is coming next week, and my Stillen intake is coming the end of this week. If I get these struts soon, I can have them done in one shot...purty cool if it happens.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:41 PM

E-mail 5-31

My bad!!! I received and e-mail from him on 5-31 telling me it would arrive sometime Wednesday. Hopefully I can pick them up this weekend.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:33 AM

Re: E-mail 5-31

Originally posted by marky3320
My bad!!! I received and e-mail from him on 5-31 telling me it would arrive sometime Wednesday. Hopefully I can pick them up this weekend.
marky3320: Let me know if you get yours Wed.. I got an email from him yesterday saying they will be in very soon... Very soon is??? a week? a month? or what! If you could just keep me up to date.. PS I got my email yesterday...
Old 06-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

It's wendsday, did the KYB ever get those shocks to you ?
Old 06-05-2003, 05:35 AM

Originally posted by Maksim2000
It's wendsday, did the KYB ever get those shocks to you ?
Guess not!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Banned

this is startin to annoy me now, i have new springs w/o shocks to install.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:44 PM

Hello everyone. I have bad news. I recieved the GR-2 shipment from KYB, and went through it, noticing that one part number was missing. I gave KYB a call and they told me that the 334265 is out of stock. This is the front right I believe. When I asked how long it would take to get them, they told me ten weeks. It took them four weeks to tell me it would take 10 weeks. I can no longer fill these orders because I can not get the parts for months. Mail us with your name and adress for refunds. We can mail you checks or money orders as repayment.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:40 PM

can you just refund the money back through paypal.. my paypal account is mclee45@hotmail.com
Let me know if this is not an option
Old 06-06-2003, 05:54 PM

I did email you with my address and such, but I agree. Much easier for you to just reject our Paypal payments back to us. stlkcdc@yahoo.com. Let us know.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:23 AM

Yea, please send mine back to my paypal account spta97@aol.com

Does anyone know where else to get these things? I'm upset because I could have been lowered by now.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by spta97

Does anyone know where else to get these things? I'm upset because I could have been lowered by now.
Everyone is on back order, try Discount Tire Driect, they gave me a very good deal on these (better than this group deal), but you have to call them to get the price. And you still have to wait about 2 weeks for the fronts to be availible
Old 06-08-2003, 06:47 PM

Nik, can you at least email us to let us know our cash is on the way?
Old 06-09-2003, 06:19 AM

After I got DJ Kontakt post that he didn't have the left front i called around and coximport.com has them... There a little bit more money but I've been waiting 4 three weeks and i'm sick of waiting so it's worth it.. Good Luck!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:31 AM

After I got DJ Kontakt post that he didn't have the left front i called around and coximport.com has them... There a little bit more money but I've been waiting 4 three weeks and i'm sick of waiting so it's worth it.. Good Luck!
Did you get your money back yet? I'm on the phone with Coximport now and the guy doesn't know the part number. He's calling KYB. I guess the search continues....
Old 06-09-2003, 04:54 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate

Thank god I did not get in on this, what a nightmare.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by MaximaFastness
Thank god I did not get in on this, what a nightmare.
Shut up man!

I'm beginning to get worried. Has anyone received their money yet? It takes 2 seconds to return it via Paypal.

I don't want to buy the shocks elsewhere until I've got this money back.

DJ Kontakt - what's the deal? I haven't received a reply to my e-mail that I sent you and I'm starting to worry.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:31 PM

I am too. I have no idea whats going on, but this is taking way too long. DO you know if there is anyway we can cancel the credit card transaction? let me know.

Josh

Shut up man!

I'm beginning to get worried. Has anyone received their money yet? It takes 2 seconds to return it via Paypal.

I don't want to buy the shocks elsewhere until I've got this money back.

DJ Kontakt - what's the deal? I haven't received a reply to my e-mail that I sent you and I'm starting to worry.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:23 PM

He replied to me... he said they will be mailing checks at the end of the week so just be patient guys... i think we're starting to annoy him. we should just give him some time to fix things.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:42 AM

Originally posted by mclee45
He replied to me... he said they will be mailing checks at the end of the week so just be patient guys... i think we're starting to annoy him. we should just give him some time to fix things.
I talked to him and he told me they would be in the mail Monday the 9th.. DJ can you confirm this?? Thanks
Old 06-10-2003, 06:48 AM

Did you get your money back yet? I'm on the phone with Coximport now and the guy doesn't know the part number. He's calling KYB. I guess the search continues....
The part numbers are 4 the 2000-2001's which will work on the 2002-2003 other then the front brake line being able to connect onto the strut.. You need to just zip tie them up which is no big deal... Part # are Front left 334266, front right 334265, and rear is 341271.. Hope that helps...
Old 06-10-2003, 07:53 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally posted by Maksim2000

Everyone is on back order, try Discount Tire Driect, they gave me a very good deal on these (better than this group deal), but you have to call them to get the price. And you still have to wait about 2 weeks for the fronts to be availible
I called them for AGXs, and it came out to $480. riiiiiiiiiiight!
Old 06-10-2003, 09:03 AM

I'm sure DJ is busy, but so am I. I don't think he has much reason to be annoyed with us -- KYB, yes, but not us. We've been VERY patient. I've been out $260 with nothing to show for it since 5/19. I paid via Paypal. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be refunded by the same method I paid. In an email I received from DJ, he said they only refund via Paypal in special circumstances -- this certainly seems to qualify. I don't have enough extra $ to order the shocks from someone else until I'm reimbursed. Now I'm expected to wait at least another week (probably optimistic) before I can even order the shocks and another week at least before I receive them? Don't mean to sound like a *****, but this does not sit well with me. I suppose I could always dispute the claim via Paypal -- non-receipt of goods/merchandise. I'd rather not have to do that. Please update this thread DJ Kontakt and let us know what's up. We should all have access to the SAME info ...
Old 06-10-2003, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by kirzan
I'm sure DJ is busy, but so am I. I don't think he has much reason to be annoyed with us -- KYB, yes, but not us. We've been VERY patient. I've been out $260 with nothing to show for it since 5/19. I paid via Paypal. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be refunded by the same method I paid. In an email I received from DJ, he said they only refund via Paypal in special circumstances -- this certainly seems to qualify. I don't have enough extra $ to order the shocks from someone else until I'm reimbursed. Now I'm expected to wait at least another week (probably optimistic) before I can even order the shocks and another week at least before I receive them? Don't mean to sound like a *****, but this does not sit well with me. I suppose I could always dispute the claim via Paypal -- non-receipt of goods/merchandise. I'd rather not have to do that. Please update this thread DJ Kontakt and let us know what's up. We should all have access to the SAME info ...

Agreed. I am upset because my posts / e-mails remain unanswered. I think that an update should be posted for ALL to see. I am very busy and do not have time to dedicate to this.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:54 AM

something smells fishy, hope you guys didn't get scammed...
Old 06-10-2003, 12:40 PM

these GD is either hit or miss....
Old 06-10-2003, 07:19 PM

he sounds like he's legit... lets just wait and see. we would really prefer paypal for our refund since that is how we paid.. thanks
Old 06-10-2003, 08:50 PM

At this point, even if I get a check in a few days I'll be happy. Paypal SHOULD have been used for those of us that used it. I have been out $260 for almost a month now. That SUCKS!
Old 06-11-2003, 05:20 AM

Originally posted by stlkcdc
At this point, even if I get a check in a few days I'll be happy. Paypal SHOULD have been used for those of us that used it. I have been out $260 for almost a month now. That SUCKS!
If your Paypal account was done through a credit card, can it be taken up with them? It's been almost a week since DJ Kontakt posted on this thread and I'm getting the feeling I got screwed. I wonder what my options are
Old 06-11-2003, 05:58 AM

If your Paypal account was done through a credit card, can it be taken up with them? It's been almost a week since DJ Kontakt posted on this thread and I'm getting the feeling I got screwed. I wonder what my options are
Hopefully we'll have our refund by the end of the week!!! HOPEFULLY....

Quick Reply: ANOTHER KYB GR-2 GP $260 shipped!