Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

An A33 W/ Eyebrows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 02:55 PM

An A33 W/ Eyebrows?

Well Im trying to put my foot down and stop spending so much on my car. I really need to be saving it for school. Unfortunately this "No More Modding" thing didn't last very long...Im Weak

So Ive come up with a new plan. I will do as many cheap, or even better, free mods. I debadged my trunk last weekend. Woo Hoo!

But now I am working on something ive never seen before... Some eyebrows for my I30. I have already shaped and made the peices out of a magnet sheet with adhesive backing. Im just not sure if there will be any trouble painting them. I guess I will find out next week when I drop off my new spoiler for painting ... Yeah I slipped

I made two different styles, but I like one so much that I dont think I will even get the others painted. Anyway, I will post pics when I finish them probably next week.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:00 PM

Oh yeah. If any of you guys have any cheap/free mods you should lemmy know.

I am also thinking about the GAB with the coat hanger, so I can switch back and fourth without ruining my filter box.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:18 PM

a33 eyebrows

Old 05-31-2004, 02:55 PM

Ummmm... Those arent I30 eyebrows, those are Cefiro eyebrows! HeHe.

Damn, Ive seen those pics too. Well, mine are a different design, so hopefully they will work out. If not I may have to order some of those.

Anyway, I still could use some Ideas for cheap/free, good mods.

Thanks guys
Old 05-31-2004, 03:12 PM

hey newlove if you dont have a CAI then you could make a HAI.=free
Old 05-31-2004, 05:27 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

I want those damn eyelids and someone posted about being able to get parts and never responded about those...

Anyone know how to order them?

Old 05-31-2004, 07:29 PM

doesent sycefiro have those? if im not mistaken i thought i saw them in the classifieds with those exact pics as a matter of fact.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:54 PM

I can get frames that completely surround the whole headlight area. Only problem is they are only available here in chrome. Got the chrome outline for the tailights as well. like this

The front outline or frame looks very dimilar in size to the rear chrome frames. I don't know whether I like them but they come as a set with chrome pillars and outlines around the door handles as well. The set is pretty cheap as well. Too much chrome scares me a bit though.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

can you show us a picture of the headlight frames, please?
Old 06-08-2004, 10:40 AM

I will try and find a max here with the frames. I will take my camera with me tomorrow I am bound to see one.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:29 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

This guy SyCefiro needs to get a wake up call. I have sent him two pm's over the last three months regarding a picture he put up about parts he has, which included the a33 eyebrows. No replies. Not a fan of this clown.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeSteel
This guy SyCefiro needs to get a wake up call. I have sent him two pm's over the last three months regarding a picture he put up about parts he has, which included the a33 eyebrows. No replies. Not a fan of this clown.
I learned a long time ago to not rely upon Sy. People always said to go to him, but he never did anything for me other than ignore all of my communication. Not good business. Deal with people who actually work to get you what you want (aka MaxMojo) or figure out ways to get it yourself.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:47 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

Yeah that guy needs to get a ****ing clue. Someone needs to smack him around a little.

Old 06-10-2004, 08:12 AM

TheyCallMeSteel what's up? THis is Chris Cudmore from JU (speed freaks). Thanks for directing me over here.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
I learned a long time ago to not rely upon Sy. People always said to go to him, but he never did anything for me other than ignore all of my communication. Not good business. Deal with people who actually work to get you what you want (aka MaxMojo) or figure out ways to get it yourself.
I now dub this the "off topic thread".

Anyhou, I also tried getting in touch with Luke from Australia to get those bumper pieces, but never heard from him either.

I just got my lip spoiler painted and would like to install it this weekend. I know the paint shop helped you put on your spoiler. Do you have any tips for me? I was thinking about heating the spoiler with a hair dryer to make it easier to bend into shape, and then tape off the shape on the trunk. Then I think I will work from the middle out.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:29 AM
TheyCallMeSteel

No problem for the direction!

Guys, I talked to paradox-systems and if we get some interest in a33 eyelids, they will produce them. Figure they'd be a little more than the a32 eyelids, which are priced at $50. (We need close to 20 guys, so I doubt we'll get it)

I'll be the first to say, I'm IN.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
I now dub this the "off topic thread".

Anyhou, I also tried getting in touch with Luke from Australia to get those bumper pieces, but never heard from him either.

I just got my lip spoiler painted and would like to install it this weekend. I know the paint shop helped you put on your spoiler. Do you have any tips for me? I was thinking about heating the spoiler with a hair dryer to make it easier to bend into shape, and then tape off the shape on the trunk. Then I think I will work from the middle out.
A hairdryer should work perfectly. I watched the guy put mine on, and all he did was shape it with his hands. I would also let it sit out in the hot sun for maybe an hour. As for how to start, I seem to recall him starting from the corner and curving it around the contour of the trunk.

As for Luke - I tried contacting him not too long ago and never got a response. I checked on his username and it looks like he hasn't been on the org for a while. I have another connection, however, that I'll reveal shortly. I just got some new Australian parts painted and put on from the body shop yesterday
Old 06-10-2004, 04:41 PM

OOOHHHH! Pics Please! Love the little bumper croner pieces. I even tried, with no luck, to look up the australian Max SE-R to see what else there might be. Im excited to see what you got.

Ive had the spoiler sitting in the sun for the last hour or so and it has soffened up a bit. Well I guess Ill go out there and try this now. Wish me luck!
Old 06-11-2004, 10:21 AM

hey Newlove i want to see pics of the spoiler on you car since its a lighter color closer to silver. because i was thinking of getting the spoiler but im scared i might make the car look like crap.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:36 PM

Okay, sure... Ill be the Guinea Pig (how the F*ck do you spell that).

Well, I cant comment too much yet as it was on there for a whole 3 hours before FALLING OFF!!!

What the F*ck is with the $hitty tape? It sticks to the car ok, but doesn't stick to the spoiler! Well, when I figure out a good way to afix it to the trunk I will take some pics and put them on my website. Ill post them here too if I can figure out how.

Hey Meta, have you had any problems? I left it out in the sun to warm it up and even heated the ends with a hair dryer to get the perfect shape. I came back in the morning and the ends had pulled off and streightened out. I stuck them back down, drove to work, and when I came out for lunch my spoiler was laying on the ground. The ends werent stuck very well, but the rest seemed secure, so im not sure if it just fell off or if some jacka$$ ripped it off.

I was thinking of supergluing the double sided tape to the spoiler since that seems to be the weak point. Or maybe there is some stronger double-sided tape I could use.

I am open to suggestions.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
Okay, sure... Ill be the Guinea Pig (how the F*ck do you spell that).

Well, I cant comment too much yet as it was on there for a whole 3 hours before FALLING OFF!!!

What the F*ck is with the $hitty tape? It sticks to the car ok, but doesn't stick to the spoiler! Well, when I figure out a good way to afix it to the trunk I will take some pics and put them on my website. Ill post them here too if I can figure out how.

Hey Meta, have you had any problems? I left it out in the sun to warm it up and even heated the ends with a hair dryer to get the perfect shape. I came back in the morning and the ends had pulled off and streightened out. I stuck them back down, drove to work, and when I came out for lunch my spoiler was laying on the ground. The ends werent stuck very well, but the rest seemed secure, so im not sure if it just fell off or if some jacka$$ ripped it off.

I was thinking of supergluing the double sided tape to the spoiler since that seems to be the weak point. Or maybe there is some stronger double-sided tape I could use.

I am open to suggestions.
About the tape...yeah...it can be a pain in the ***. The first time I had it on, it started to come loose about 3 months later. I took it back to the body shop that put it on and they stripped the old tape off, used some of their stuff, and it's been great for about a year now. I thought I didn't have any problems anymore, but the corner has started to come loose again. I'll probably take it back again and have them redo it. I think the key, however, is to get it placed perfectly the first time. You can't pull the tape back up if it's not where you want it and you can't let the tape fold/wrinkle. If I were you, I'd look into some sort of heavy-duty adhesive tape at an auto store or maybe ask some body shops if there's a good kind of paint-safe liquid type adhesive you could simply apply.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:51 AM

Yeah I replaced the tape again with what seems to be the tape used originally. This time I took a little extra time and got the spoiler into the correct shape before putting in on the car. I heated the spoiler with a hair dryer untill it was good and flexible. When I had it in the shape I wanted, I ran the spoiler under cold water so that it would stay in that shape. This, I hope, will put less stress on the tape.

The tape at a local autoparts store was the strongest they had, but I still dont think it is good enough. I really dont want to use any type of liquid adhesive just incase I ever have to take the spoiler off, I dont want my paint to come off with it. I did use a bit of superglue on the spoiler to help the tape stick there, and also sanded the bottom down to give the tape something to hold on to. I just need to find a really good, double sided foam tape. Maybe Ill post in the maxima forum to see if any of them know.