Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Infiniti I30/I35 (https://maxima.org/forums/infiniti-i30-i35-49/)
-   -   Praise your I35/I30 thread - Why did you buy your I30/I35? (https://maxima.org/forums/infiniti-i30-i35/248804-praise-your-i35-i30-thread-why-did-you-buy-your-i30-i35.html)

leeI35 09-07-2004 09:59 AM

Praise your I35/I30 thread - Why did you buy your I30/I35?

I know phenryiv1 closed the lexus thread, but I was dying to hear people's feedback/opinion on the reason why they bought an I30/I35 when there were tons of cars in this category. Fully loaded, I could have easily bought a BMW, Lexus, Audi, C class mercedes, volvo, acura etc.... I chose not too, as you can see from my sig, I am infiniti loyal, and I have had nothing but discontinued infinitis and I love them. Feature content + Power + looks + price + great customer service/satisfaction steered me away from the competition and quite frankly, I didn't bother looking elsewhere. My immediate family all drives lexus: 01 RX300, 02 LS430, 98 SC400 and I always have been the blacksheep. When I was living at home, I had the opportunity to drive them all and just wasn't found of any of them. My parents wanted me to get the new 03/04 ES330 or 04 RX330 when I told them I was going to give up my truck, and I found them both along with other Lexus cars to be too boring and that's just my opinion. Yes lexus interior is inviting, but that's where it stops. With the addition of the Soujner leather in I35 for the 03-04 models, I don't see any difference between my seats and my father's leather seats in his LS430 (except buttons and AC), my moms has even complimented me on my car plenty of times and she hates anything that doesn't has a lexus symbol on it and that was hard to believe.

phenryiv1 - If you think this thread is going to get out of hand, please delete it or please delete the post(s) that start flames. I don't want to start any flame wars (I don't see how since there are no other car brand enthusiast in this forum), I just want to get opinons/feedback from us infiniti guys on why they are driving a I35/I30.

Oh and with 400 miles and three weeks of driving, i got to say I LOVE my I35 :rolling_e :ben:

jfgranger 09-07-2004 12:18 PM

Several factors...

I looked at Acura TL, Lexus ES330, Jaguar X-Type, etc. I thought that the level of performance and refinement was impossible to beat for the price that I paid for my new '04 ($27K). The local Infiniti dealer was also willing to deal with me regarding a fair Trade-in price for my '03 Avalanche. The more I drive it, the more I love it.

mikeI302k 09-07-2004 01:34 PM

Personally I chose my I30 becasue it was a great deal for the money and i wanted performance and handling not too much luxury. so that basically made my decision for me. also i wanted something built in japan so thats why i didnt get the maxima. I looked at the TL-s and the es300 and got my baby instead and im very happy for a year now.

hasei 09-07-2004 02:33 PM

I chose my 2000 I30 because I liked the exterior design of it much better than the one of 5th Gen. Maximas though they are similarly priced as used at least for the same year. Nissan didn't even sell U.S. 5th Gen. Maximas in Japan. No offense to 5th Gen. Maxima owners, I know it's probably a minority opinion but that's what I (personally) thought. And Infinitis have longer warranty period than Nissans.

cefiro8701 09-07-2004 03:44 PM

i had a choice between this and a v6 accord...while the 2 door sporty type was more my style...this car had performance and comfort...it had better interior than most cars i couldve gotten...it looked a whole lot better than an is300...(looks like a focus with euro tails) and it can turn ladies (whenever i wash it...)the comfort and class this car came with made it all a good choice...if i can have only one car for the rest of my life...its this or a 2 door g35...hehe

ivolley 09-07-2004 06:11 PM

I have owned quite a few 5spd Maximas....

I left for a year and drove a Acura Legend LS Coupe 5spd and realized I missed the low end power of the VQ mated with a 5 spd so I wanted another Maxima but I didn't another Maxima found a pretty rare I30t in Jacksonville so I grabbed it. It has taken 9 months for the car to start grow on me.

leeI35 09-07-2004 08:51 PM

Keep it coming guys, I like to hear feedback/opinions. :Popcorn:

NEELNUG 09-08-2004 07:47 AM

The performance, reliability and comfort. The TL was small uncomfortable and boring. The Es300 was boring, slow and my wife does not like Lexus. I strayed from BMWs, Merc etc because of their so-so relibility and repair costs. I also owned a QX4 before and really enjoyed the car. (took it to 140,000 before trading it (mistake)) The I30 was the best looking of all the cars in its class. The navigation system is also a bonus since it is actually easy to use and fairly accurate.

gqmac2 09-08-2004 11:25 AM

There are 4 reasons I choose the I35.
1.) True exclusitivity. Unlike TL's, 3 Series, C- classes, and the the I35 did not recieve much publicity. And as we here all know, most Americans buy cars based on publicized products instead of testing it out for themselves. I son't see many 2002- present I35's on the road often. And that makes my car that much more attractive on the road.

2.) Sleeper Status. This car hauls a$$. Lets be real, the VQ' V6 engine produced by Nissan is in the hall mark of worlds greatest designed motors in the history of automobiles. It is powerful in all Nissan application, and is damn good in the Infiniti's too. Its has solid hp through the power band and a superb torque curve with plenty to spare for low end power. There is no better feeling than smoking pretty much any car in its class and even a few V6 stangs, V6 camaros, and rice burners when on the highway or interstate.

3.) This is the most important reason for me, creature comforts. The dealership experience provided by Infiniti is phenomenal. I don't think any car dealership could measure up to that.

4.) And finally value. As said by other memebers here, I don't see a huge difference (or feel one) in the materials used in the I series leather surfaces and those of the competition for it and the Q45. Overall this car is a great value.

maxinout93 11-26-2018 01:25 PM

I bought my i35 because I wanted something nice, and would stand out from other cars, luxury and performance is what I wanted. I originally was looking at a 1997 or 2002 Lexus es300 before I got the i35, but the seller ended up selling it before I had a chance to see it. But it worked out because I ran across my 02 i35. Also in Comparison, the i35 has more power than the Lexus es300 of the same year.

sb001 11-29-2018 11:35 AM

I bought my I35 cause I thought it was just an upscale Maxima at a good deal. Unfortunately I learned the hard way that a broken motor mount actually helps absorb bumps and therefore can disguise OTHER suspension issues which I only found out about after I bought it. After sinking $800 into the thing and having it still not feel right while driving I gave up and sold it a few days ago. Plus there were a few things that were supposed to be "upgrades" I suppose but that iirritated me about it - the transmission shifter guide through reverse for one, feels like that thing is going to break any second. Clunky Bose 6 disc changer only read half of the CDs I had- never had a problem with the single disc Bose unit in my previous 99 Maxima. Finally the foot activated e-brake, hated it. Kept forgetting it was on. Maximas use a handbrake lever. Nothing against Infiniti or the car itself I suppose but bad luck with one car can destroy your affinity for a brand.

95naSTA 11-29-2018 10:37 PM

I helped my buddy 3.5 swap his i30 back in '05ish and always thought it was a cool car. The car was beat, leaked everything and my buddy was over it by '10. I bought it and breathed new life into it for the next 8 years. It got parted out this year.. I have a 07 G35s now which by all accounts a nicer car but I miss how raw the 3.0 timing HR swap was with a short geared 5MT VLSD. The car just screamed.

me9798 12-19-2018 06:20 PM

Well, it wasn't a trade, but my last car was an '07 Altima 3.5SE, Black sedan. At 170Kmiles, the variable timing and CVT went, but loved that car (thought I was "fast"). It was night-and-day when I got my '16 MAX SV, such a feeling of solidity and quality and "premiumness" that the Altima lacked. And the passing times are incredible in the MAX (forget 0-60; how often does that happen?!?). Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Mikethegreat1 05-27-2019 10:04 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....847af9879d.jpg
Loyal 2002 I35
In 49 year's on this Earth I have had so many car's I've forgot about half of them. But THIS car will never be forgotten and never sold. I bought the car from the original owner and picked it up with 105,000 miles in 2015. To date (May 2019) it has 190,000 miles on it and runs like a champ. Since the day I got it I blessed it with Royal Purple 10w 30 (Bosh filter) and I've been running that with Shell V Power Super Unleaded and it will run with a brand new BMW.
Enough said.