Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Infiniti I30/I35 (https://maxima.org/forums/infiniti-i30-i35-49/)
-   -   cefiro headlights (https://maxima.org/forums/infiniti-i30-i35/286254-cefiro-headlights.html)

flu2000 02-25-2005 10:05 PM

cefiro headlights

Anybody know where I can find some one peice headlights for Infiniti I30 1997?

98I30t 02-25-2005 11:18 PM

Watch the Groupbuy forums, they have groupguys going every couple months or so. I know sycefiro can get them, and liuspeed also, they are both maxima.org members, just look up the names and pm them. Maxmojo sells them also at his paradox-systems.com website I believe, probably the cheapest. I think he is doing a groupbuy in march, whenever he gets the next shipment of them in.

Dr.Monkey1313 02-26-2005 09:05 AM

There are also some on Ebay right now.

illmortal 02-26-2005 10:48 AM

Yeh I like the Cefiro's head lamps they look sweet!

KNYFE 02-27-2005 06:57 PM

www.redlinemax.com always has them. Pretty fair priced and they are awesome to work with. Also, paradoxsystems.com has them. Cefiros rule as far as looks go for headlights.

A Flood99 02-27-2005 07:14 PM

yeah they do

Gates 02-28-2005 07:57 PM

I got mine thru redlinemax.com. They work and look great. Be aware that there are knockoffs out there. The ones I got from relinemax and OEM from a RHD country (Taiwan I believe) so you know you are getting top quality.

Pizatt 03-01-2005 04:23 AM

yeah, redlinemax has them... Very trustworthy!

illmortal 03-01-2005 07:11 AM

There's something I still dont understand, do these head lamps come with the wire harness. I'm guessing these use HIDs? If they do come with the wireharness for the HIDs what else is left to purchase to make the head lights work other than the bulbs.

flthere 03-01-2005 07:44 AM

redlinemax site doesn't work ... can't open the E-Store :) Is this how reliable their service is too ?

illmortal 03-01-2005 09:09 AM

>< didn't they just open their site?

Dr.Monkey1313 03-01-2005 09:43 AM

Mine came with wireing harnesses for ALL the light bulbs and included the bulbs. i got mine from Paraodx-systems.com They have the oem Cefiro one pice headlights there. I have heard some guys buying them from other places and NOT receiving the wireing harnesses. These are NOT HID lights in here, but you will have to cut your headlight wireing harness and get an H3 wireing harness. Is it an H3? i cant remember, but you will need to cut your original wireing harness and install another kind for the Cefiros to work.

hope that info helped. :)

Royal_T 03-01-2005 10:22 AM

It is an H4, and mine came with that harnesses also.

illmortal 03-01-2005 11:01 AM

So basically I'll have to split the harness into my stock wire harness. I'm sure there's instructions as far as splitting into colored wires.. I'm sure they dont match our OEM wire harness

Dr.Monkey1313 03-01-2005 05:15 PM

Thanks Royal_T I had a brain fart.

Yes you will have to splice the new H4 harness into your factory harness. I am not sure about the instructions for it, but check the FAQ's may be there. :)

SYCEFIRO 03-02-2005 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Gates
I got mine thru redlinemax.com. They work and look great. Be aware that there are knockoffs out there. The ones I got from relinemax and OEM from a RHD country (Taiwan I believe) so you know you are getting top quality.

Taiwan is LHD (same as US & CANADA) :tardsmash

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com

A Flood99 03-02-2005 08:38 AM

wiring is not a problem once you get down to it.....the corners just modify your stock harness to fit, just takes a bit of dremeling

the headlights, match black to black and the appropriate other colored wires just follow the order they were in on your stock 9004 harness

Pizatt 03-02-2005 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by flthere
redlinemax site doesn't work ... can't open the E-Store :) Is this how reliable their service is too ?

The site is in rebuilding, you can call them and place orders... Redline is under new management.

illmortal 03-02-2005 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO
Taiwan is LHD (same as US & CANADA) :tardsmash

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com

That is why you must get the Cefiro head lamps for us I30s!

illmortal 03-02-2005 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by A Flood99
wiring is not a problem once you get down to it.....the corners just modify your stock harness to fit, just takes a bit of dremeling

the headlights, match black to black and the appropriate other colored wires just follow the order they were in on your stock 9004 harness

What?... what do I need to dremel? I have to dremel the Cefiro head lamps? See that something I dont want to do... retro fit, cuz I know I'll do a sloppy job and ruin anything that I had to retro fit. So I'd much rather save money and keep the stock look :chuckle:

Dr.Monkey1313 03-02-2005 11:26 AM

illmortal: listen buddy, it's not hard to do. In fact, what I did, was instead of dremmeling the stock socket, I used my saudering gun to melt a notch into the Cefiro socket hole to fit the factory nubs on the socket. Did that make sense? IM me and I can explain more if you like. :) No worries though, you can not mess this up as long as you have a brain in your head and eyes. :)

You will do fine!

Redmax 03-02-2005 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by flthere

Yep we had some problems with our hosting site in the changeover, however notice there is a totally new e-store up now. We are working on the site right now and are adding new products to the store as I type this.

The Cefiro Lights are out of stock right now but are on there way here. We are taking backorders now. As soon as they reach the country you can be the first to have your set. So you order now!!

illmortal 03-02-2005 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
illmortal: listen buddy, it's not hard to do. In fact, what I did, was instead of dremmeling the stock socket, I used my saudering gun to melt a notch into the Cefiro socket hole to fit the factory nubs on the socket. Did that make sense? IM me and I can explain more if you like. :) No worries though, you can not mess this up as long as you have a brain in your head and eyes. :)

You will do fine!

Ha you used a sodering iron to melt a notch? I was thinking there was a socket hole for another type of a socket but you had to make the socket hole bigger lol. I guess there's a part of the socket's bulb that just won't go through.

So the wire harness that comes with the Cefiros only has sockets for the head lamps... not the corners? If that's the way it is...then now I better understand how the housing comes. Just for knowledge though, what sockets are normally supposed to fit into the corners... if they're H3s or H4s that'd be sweet to have in the corners!

SYCEFIRO 03-02-2005 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by illmortal
Ha you used a sodering iron to melt a notch? I was thinking there was a socket hole for another type of a socket but you had to make the socket hole bigger lol. I guess there's a part of the socket's bulb that just won't go through.

So the wire harness that comes with the Cefiros only has sockets for the head lamps... not the corners? If that's the way it is...then now I better understand how the housing comes. Just for knowledge though, what sockets are normally supposed to fit into the corners... if they're H3s or H4s that'd be sweet to have in the corners!

They come with Socket/Harness from Nissan which is JDM and not the same as the US model. Most of people here including myself, either make the hole bigger or trim off the little piece off your OEM socket.

Don't even think about putting H-3 or H-4 or any other High wattage bulbs in there.. too many people tried that.. and melted the headlight. Any of us selling the headlight housing will NOT be responsible if you melt your housing. That location is meant for Signal light only which is a very small wattage bulb, plus that it's not on constantly. So if you have H-3 or H-4 in there.. you will definitely melt it. Don't ask me how I know this :tardsmash

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com

illmortal 03-03-2005 12:08 AM

ahh gotcha, thanks SYCEFIRO!

-illmortal

Redmax 03-20-2005 04:42 PM

Actually, I have 1 set in stock and a few sets on their way

west86 04-01-2005 12:21 PM

I know the Cefiro headlights seem to be the most popular ones, I was wondering if there are any other sorts of headlights that can be used to replace the stock ones on a 1997 I 30. I am getting pretty sick of my dull stock headlights, and would like some clear replaements. I saw an I30 the other day with clear ones and they werent Cefiros.

ANy help would be appreciated.

west86 04-01-2005 01:15 PM

Also, would the clear stock lights from a 1998 model fit?

Dr.Monkey1313 04-01-2005 04:13 PM

yes, the clear stock from a 98 maxima or I30 will fit. :)

iRaMarine 04-01-2005 08:31 PM

anyone see the projector lights on ebay? definately different.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/b3/59/61_1_b.JPG

illmortal 04-02-2005 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by iRaMarine

:squint: Yah that looks a little :calder:y

SYCEFIRO 04-04-2005 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by iRaMarine

Of course they are different!!!! Those are off the A31 Cefiro's!

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com