Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

A33 kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

well then that clarifies things up now since yu probably will not be making the kit again how bout getting a line on the kit from down under that i am interested in and also are you out of the clear corners for the I30/I35??
Old 11-22-2005, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by MaxMoJo
Wow Phil, Nice reviews.
Yes, there was an issue with some of the fiberglass in the kits. It was addressed and replaced. The damaged ones were all destroyed.
As for fitment, you said your bodyshop could not install the kit, stating that fitment was entirely off. I had you goto my bodyshop and they showed you that it could be installed and that yours was doing something wrong. The kit fit fine when it left that shop. The "way you would like it to" fit is a molded kit. This is a lip kit and it will not look like a molded kit without extra work. If there was REAL interest from the I30 community, I could have had it developed in a more forgiving material. Thank goodness I didn't waste the money. The kit is guaranteed to fit. It was shown to CreativeDesignz that it did. I had to go through a lot to get the kit manufactured for a small community that had always said it wanted a kit. I managed to get one manufactured and suddenly there was no interest.
The rears you never mentioned to me were an issue and comparing the rears that I have, I don't think it is. I had always tried working with you DESPITE the fact that you never came through on the sponsorship agreement that we had.

The reason the pricing is higher than most is simply because most manufacturers require a large quantity order. I managed a smaller production run but unfortunately at a higher cost. The price has already dropped and on top of that, we're having another sale this week.

The I35 rear pics are admittedly slow but I am getting them soon. Working full time and running Paradox doesn't allow me much time to get home while its daylight to take pics. Smaller stuff I can do indoors but that piece is too big. I am trying to do so this week, with the oncoming downtime around Thanksgiving.

Edit: I'd like to point out that the pics in the sticky about the A32 kit were of Phil's car upon exiting my bodyshop. Looks fine to me.
Thanks for stopping in. I'm not trying to bash you or your company, but how do you put a product out with little to no marketing and complain that interest is not what it was before you made the product? I wasn't around when all this interest was drummed up, but I've been around since you're kit has been out and I've yet to see a complete kit installed. Sometimes I think businesses should take the approach of selling certain products at cost or with minimal profit just to get the product out there for everyone to see. Then if demand is there you raise the price. Having a price so high that there is no demand while not having any revealing pictures to really show the kit off to me really gives the business itself no room to complain. Anyways I don't run a biz or pretend to so this is just an opinion and not me telling you how to run yours.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:56 AM

yea look at the rear pieces they are 2 totally different sizes...the kit needed to be sanded and re glassed for it to fit against the body from my body shop. your guys double sided taped it on and my side skirt and rear piece fell off a month later. i talked yo tou online many a time about the kit not fitting correctly and u just kept rushing me to put it on. i guess ill just have to take pics of all the stress cracks in the kit as well. also would u like my bodyshop guy to ring in too? the kit fits like junk and u can see through the fiberglass. the reason i didnt go through with the sponsorship was because i felt like i was getting rushed to finish this car. hell its still not done yet, but 10k later im still goin. i must have put at least 6k in it after i bought the kit, and to go back to the thing about the rears you had even said to me yourself the 2 sides were different and that all of them were like that. im not tryin to ruin ur rep on here but the kit fits like sh*t. you cant mold on a kit for daily driving that just doesnt happen. it has stress crack in it the way it is now. the thing would fall off the car if i went over train tracks. not to mention the 1/2 inch gap between the rear skirt and the bumper right where the skirt curves around. ill take pics asap and then i can show the org what this kit is really about.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by naijai
well then that clarifies things up now since yu probably will not be making the kit again how bout getting a line on the kit from down under that i am interested in and also are you out of the clear corners for the I30/I35??
The I35 kit is still in production and I will not be attempting to get any other bodykits. The clear corners are on backorder and I am trying to get them here in time for Christmas.

Originally Posted by falconey
Thanks for stopping in. I'm not trying to bash you or your company, but how do you put a product out with little to no marketing and complain that interest is not what it was before you made the product? I wasn't around when all this interest was drummed up, but I've been around since you're kit has been out and I've yet to see a complete kit installed. Sometimes I think businesses should take the approach of selling certain products at cost or with minimal profit just to get the product out there for everyone to see. Then if demand is there you raise the price. Having a price so high that there is no demand while not having any revealing pictures to really show the kit off to me really gives the business itself no room to complain. Anyways I don't run a biz or pretend to so this is just an opinion and not me telling you how to run yours.
All the marketing we did was aimed at Maxima.org. We are not a big company and we produced this kit in reponse to a need from this I30 community. Outside of Maxima.org there is little I30 interest. We tried initially when the kit first came out to market it elsewhere. While bigger companies can afford to market at minimal cost to get the product out there, we made a certain amount and need to at the very least recoup that cost.

Originally Posted by CreativeDesignz
yea look at the rear pieces they are 2 totally different sizes...the kit needed to be sanded and re glassed for it to fit against the body from my body shop. your guys double sided taped it on and my side skirt and rear piece fell off a month later. i talked yo tou online many a time about the kit not fitting correctly and u just kept rushing me to put it on. i guess ill just have to take pics of all the stress cracks in the kit as well. also would u like my bodyshop guy to ring in too? the kit fits like junk and u can see through the fiberglass. the reason i didnt go through with the sponsorship was because i felt like i was getting rushed to finish this car. hell its still not done yet, but 10k later im still goin. i must have put at least 6k in it after i bought the kit, and to go back to the thing about the rears you had even said to me yourself the 2 sides were different and that all of them were like that. im not tryin to ruin ur rep on here but the kit fits like sh*t. you cant mold on a kit for daily driving that just doesnt happen. it has stress crack in it the way it is now. the thing would fall off the car if i went over train tracks. not to mention the 1/2 inch gap between the rear skirt and the bumper right where the skirt curves around. ill take pics asap and then i can show the org what this kit is really about.
I don't want to go into a big thing about who said what, it just goes in circles and is pointless. I just want to point out a few things. Stress cracks - I have addressed. (NOTE: This conversation applies only to the I30 kit. The I35 kit is being produced by a new manufacturer and the quality is top notch) If you felt rushed at all it was becuase I agreed to sponsor you if you would paint and install the kit immediately. I also wanted you to have the kit installed because you were saying it did not fit. As for the sides, you did point out an irregularity in a line, to say that they are a completely different shape an exxageration of the situation. Also, I think your main complaint stems from: "you cant mold on a kit for daily driving that just doesnt happen." I've never indicated that it needed to be molded on. As for the rear, after $6k being put into the rear, is the gap from the original kit? I don't see it in the pics from when you left the bodyshop.

For all those following the drama.. Please note that the convo between me and CreativeDesignz is concerning the 96-99 I30 kit.. It has nothing to do with the I35 kit.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:59 AM

i stated that i put 6k into the car after the kit was put on. im not going to paint a car before winter time as it was fall/winter last time i spoke to you. the only way to make the kit fit the way it should fit was to mold it on. i have more than one opinion on that. u can see from the pics that the rears are 2 diff shapes...right where it goes up on the bumper. the pieces needed to be cut and reglassed in order to fit correctly. on a side note of painting. i painted the kit as soon as it was up to my par of putting it on. i work full time and go to school full time so my body kit wasnt a number one priority. i got it painted in put on in a timely manner and it was. i got the pics to u asap. you didnt indicate that it needed to be molded on but u did ask me on several occasions if i wanted ur guys at initial D to put it on. i duno if u have seen some of those cars out there but some of them had sheet metal screws holding on their side skirts...like right into the fenders. not to mention i dont live right around the block from there. i did my best to get everything done, the car will be ready for this show season this stuff doesnt just happen in a summer, which is what i felt needed to be done to meet ur expectations
Old 11-22-2005, 07:37 PM

Forget the partial skirts from australia how can i get this
Old 11-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Former Sponsor

It took a while but I managed some time to take the pics of the rear.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:41 AM

I love that look man
Old 11-26-2005, 02:42 PM

well after looking at your site and looking at my pictures the pics on ur site are after the kit was sanded, fitted and repainted. if u look at the ones from the sticky in the forum here the kit is unpainted and u can see the rear pieces are a different shape where it goes up right behind the rear tire.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:31 PM

and look at the mirrors they fold up instead of to the side
Old 11-26-2005, 07:25 PM

and look at the mirrors they fold up instead of to the side
Yeah.. BMW style.. but the one's that I sell looks better.. Also BMW style.. but M-style with LED
Old 11-26-2005, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO
Yeah.. BMW style.. but the one's that I sell looks better.. Also BMW style.. but M-style with LED
How much??? and are they painted chrome??? do you have pics
Old 11-26-2005, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by NOCturnalI30
How much??? and are they painted chrome??? do you have pics
yeah what he said