Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Infiniti I30/I35 (https://maxima.org/forums/infiniti-i30-i35-49/)
-   -   Pics of Recent Purchase '97 I30t (https://maxima.org/forums/infiniti-i30-i35/606347-pics-recent-purchase-97-i30t.html)

Bonka 01-19-2010 04:45 AM

Pics of Recent Purchase '97 I30t

Since it's nothing particularly special, I'll break the ice here with my 1st post on this side.

I bought this at the end of November, mostly because I knew the previous owner ("ado" on the Org) and I was tired of hunting to find the right white Volvo 854/855 that wasn't the crappy 10v motor and not destroyed.

I'm the 2nd owner, no accidents, roughly 142k mi on the clock with a handful of quality mods including y-pipe, chrome gauge rings, FSTB, Addco RSB, AE wheels, tint but it also came with a bunch of stock parts including the BBS stockers and the '98-99 rear end conversion. They also had the major service interval maintenance done recently.

With the cold and crappy weather and tight garage space I've only managed to give the car a good wash and claybar, debadged emblem, cleared tail lights and replaced a bunch of dead interior bulbs. The sister backed up into a pole and cracked the paint so it'll need to be repainted along with the front bumper and hood eventually. I scanned for codes and it threw 0403 for TPS, so I need to replace that, otherwise it drives nice.

The pics are crappy but a dry day has been rare so these are the first pics I've taken. This is my first car that's neither black nor white, but still a shade!

http://members.shaw.ca/bonka/images/...255_resize.jpg
Genuine Cefiro 1pcs tail lights, so it has the nice H4 cutoff.

http://members.shaw.ca/bonka/images/...273_resize.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/bonka/images/...252_resize.jpg
I took off the Cefiro tail lights and cleared the originals. I think the '96-97 rear looks better.

http://members.shaw.ca/bonka/images/...263_resize.jpg
Oh geez, what's this :D Honestly, I'm not sure if this is the SM5 armrest, it doesn't open from the side as images I've seen indicate.

I'd like to keep a budget for once, so I'm not set on mods yet, but I've got things stirring in my head already.

JNCoRacer 01-19-2010 08:21 AM

Thats an interesting arm rest. Never seen that one before. The rest of the car looks clean. Did you say what tranny it has?

JNCoRacer 01-19-2010 08:22 AM

Oh, and I'd be happy to take those Cefiro tails off your hands. :D

bb6driver 01-19-2010 12:58 PM

looks clean! I love the 5g Maxima 17's on there!

adamsanders 01-19-2010 02:44 PM

I love the tails, you did the clearing yourself? Did you just cut out the colored part or did you also replace the plastic with clear/opaque plastic (or acrylic or whatever)? Also, have you seen the bulbs that are covered in a silver layer so that you can't really see them? I think it would make the tails look even more impressive!

SYCEFIRO 01-19-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bonka (Post 7382049)
Since it's nothing particularly special, I'll break the ice here with my 1st post on this side.

I bought this at the end of November, mostly because I knew the previous owner ("ado" on the Org) and I was tired of hunting to find the right white Volvo 854/855 that wasn't the crappy 10v motor and not destroyed.

I'm the 2nd owner, no accidents, roughly 142k mi on the clock with a handful of quality mods including y-pipe, chrome gauge rings, FSTB, Addco RSB, AE wheels, tint but it also came with a bunch of stock parts including the BBS stockers and the '98-99 rear end conversion. They also had the major service interval maintenance done recently.

With the cold and crappy weather and tight garage space I've only managed to give the car a good wash and claybar, debadged emblem, cleared tail lights and replaced a bunch of dead interior bulbs. The sister backed up into a pole and cracked the paint so it'll need to be repainted along with the front bumper and hood eventually. I scanned for codes and it threw 0403 for TPS, so I need to replace that, otherwise it drives nice.

The pics are crappy but a dry day has been rare so these are the first pics I've taken. This is my first car that's neither black nor white, but still a shade!

http://members.shaw.ca/bonka/images/...263_resize.jpg
Oh geez, what's this :D Honestly, I'm not sure if this is the SM5 armrest, it doesn't open from the side as images I've seen indicate.

I'd like to keep a budget for once, so I'm not set on mods yet, but I've got things stirring in my head already.

I have the exact same armrest. CEFIRO Dual Compartment Armrest.
They have dual compartment.
Push the button, on the side, it'll open up and you can keep some stuff inside the top compartment. The rest would be the same.

These armrest would only fit 96-97 center console.

Have fun :)

Regards,
SYCEFIRO

JNCoRacer 01-19-2010 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO (Post 7383076)
Push the button, on the side, it'll open up and you can keep some stuff inside the top compartment. The rest would be the same.

Regards,
SYCEFIRO

What are the chances of importing these for some of us?

Bonka 01-19-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by JNCoRacer (Post 7382281)
Thats an interesting arm rest. Never seen that one before. The rest of the car looks clean. Did you say what tranny it has?

Slushbox :)

I'm keeping the Cefiros, for now :D

Originally Posted by adamsanders
I love the tails, you did the clearing yourself? Did you just cut out the colored part or did you also replace the plastic with clear/opaque plastic (or acrylic or whatever)? Also, have you seen the bulbs that are covered in a silver layer so that you can't really see them? I think it would make the tails look even more impressive! ?

I just removed the orange lens. I was scouring through Cardomain and the Org for options and ended up finding a blurb about the lens; it was easy but horribly messy and time consuming with the adhesive getting everywhere. I've seen those bulbs I may try them to see, thanks :)

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO

Regards,
SYCEFIRO

I suspected it. The previous owner went back and forth to Taiwan to import parts, and he seemed to only purchase quality stuff.

Mine is missing the latch to lock it down to the center console, can I reuse the latch out of the earlier factory armrest?

adamsanders 01-19-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by JNCoRacer (Post 7383090)

+1

97lude 01-20-2010 07:36 AM

very clean man? any more pics?
can i see pics of the Chrome Gauge Rings

gtothep123 01-20-2010 06:59 PM

Looks like a clean ride :thumbsup:

jrad4real 01-20-2010 08:19 PM

Thanks now i know what those wheels look like on the I's :D

Bonka 01-21-2010 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by 97lude (Post 7383910)
very clean man? any more pics?
can i see pics of the Chrome Gauge Rings

The ones posted are probably the best ones for now, you'll have to wait until I insure the car in the spring :D

But, here's a pic of the gauge rings:
http://members.shaw.ca/bonka/images/...267_resize.jpg

97lude 01-21-2010 07:50 AM

wow that looks awesome man. how hard was it?

mrgooch42 01-21-2010 10:08 AM

Greetings i am a new member.

jrad4real 01-21-2010 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by JNCoRacer (Post 7383090)

x2:D

adamsanders 01-21-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 97lude (Post 7385526)

Installing chrome gauge rings isn't hard. All you have to do is pull out the gauge cluster, take the plastic cover off, and push the rings on. They used to be sold by Paradox Systems for $35, but they stopped ordering them like last year (I think I purchased the last set). They do look awesome though, and are east to put in.

Bonka 01-22-2010 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by 97lude (Post 7385526)

It came with the car but I did the install on my Maxima, it's easy as adamsanders says :thumbsup:

SYCEFIRO 01-22-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by jrad4real (Post 7385797)
x2:D

I'll check and let ya'll know.
Stay Tuned...

The chance may be slim.. but I'll try as A32 production stopped like 10 years ago.
Thanks
SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com

jrad4real 01-22-2010 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO (Post 7387860)
I'll check and let ya'll know.
Stay Tuned...

The chance may be slim.. but I'll try as A32 production stopped like 10 years ago.
Thanks
SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com

sweet shoot me a pm

Sam o nela 01-27-2010 12:31 PM

Nice pull man!! Love it!! :D