Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Infiniti I30/I35 (https://maxima.org/forums/infiniti-i30-i35-49/)
-   -   Hello everyone new to forum need some help (https://maxima.org/forums/infiniti-i30-i35/693575-hello-everyone-new-forum-need-some-help.html)

Buttinz 05-22-2016 05:59 PM

Hello everyone new to forum need some help

Hello all,
Have a 2002 i35 with some issues, speedo stop working abs/tcs/slp all lit up.everything happened at once car drives perfect other than that. I just can't figure it out or anyone I bring car too either. So far I replaced speed sensor.would appreciate any thoughts on fix..

Thank you
Joe

DennisMik 05-22-2016 06:42 PM

You need to take the car to an auto parts store and ask them to read the check engine codes. Write them down and then post them here. That way we will be able to help you.

Brudface 05-23-2016 09:01 AM

ABS module might be shot. Same thing happened to me with the exact same symptoms about 2 years ago or so. Absolutely almost tore the car apart to figure it out. I would however Check all Wheel speed sensors first BEFORE replacing the module. It's pretty easy to do if you have a multimeter and are at least a LITTLE technically inclined. I can walk you through it if need be, BUt it does sound like the module is shot. It happens, if you are not logging mileage, your speedo isn't working and all those lights are on it sounds like that's the issue at hand.

Brudface 05-23-2016 09:08 AM

Here is the thread from 4 years ago (jesus I didn't realize it was that long ago) that i started. The module is pretty easy to replace, 4 torx head screws that are ridiculously long and in a pain in the behind spot. Also to note that this doesn't happen at all to a manual transmission car. The only thing you'd lose is ABS as the auto's use the CAN network and the vehicle speed and tcm FOR EVERYTHING.

Buttinz 05-23-2016 05:29 PM

Appreciate the help everyone. So I plugged my scanner in and getting codes-
U1001
P0500
P1212
P1574
They are coming up twice each.Brudface- does the module need to be programmed if I change it or no?

Thank you
Joe

Brudface 05-25-2016 12:29 PM

No the module doesnt need to be programmed BUT it has to come from a similar car with every option you have. Shouldnt be too hard as the I35's usually have all the bells and whistles like tcs and such. Those are pretty much the same codes i was getting. That U1001 codes seals the deal for the module as the TCM and ECU can't communicate with it.

maxinout93 08-27-2018 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Brudface (Post 9111525)
No the module doesnt need to be programmed BUT it has to come from a similar car with every option you have. Shouldnt be too hard as the I35's usually have all the bells and whistles like tcs and such. Those are pretty much the same codes i was getting. That U1001 codes seals the deal for the module as the TCM and ECU can't communicate with it.

Glad I found this thread as I am having the exact same codes pop up, and no odometer reading or speedometer operation once the car warms up.