Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

A/C Not Blowing Cold

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

A/C Not Blowing Cold

Hey Guys,

I've got an 02 I35I. About 6 months ago I noticed the A/C wasn't blowing as cold as it used to, so I bought a can of the R134 Refrigerant and put some in. It worked for a month or so then started blowing warm. I tried doing the same thing this morning, but now no additional refrigerant will go in and it's blowing hot, possibly because it is hot outside. I'm wondering if I have overfilled it. Checked all fuses, which were good. Only coming up with 1 code with an OBDII and it comes up P1800. Any advice? Or should I take it in to a qualified A/C technician?
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Have you checked to see if the a/c compressor is turning? But I would suggest taking the car to a a/c shop, you probably have a leak. Believe it or not, too much refrigerant will keep the a/c from cooling.

P1800 is the VIAS control solenoid valve on the intake manifold and this has nothing to do with the air conditioning.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Do you have manual or electronic climate control? If electronic, have you run the free and easy diagnostics through the Climate Control to ensure the blend mode doors/actuators are working properly?